Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was alright in that. Nothing spectacular.

And he has a record of saying really stupid shit.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture...k-of-diversity-on-tv-will-drive-young-to-isis
I don't care for him but wtf???

Ahmed, known for his roles in Four Lions and the the Star Wars prequel Rogue One, said the lack of diverse voices and stories onscreen led people from minority backgrounds to “switch off and retreat to fringe narratives, to bubbles online and sometimes even off to Syria”.

<LikeReally5>

Islamic @Clippy

In fairness I was gonna join ISIS after not being cast as a train in a school play once. Third grade was fucked up man.

Still curious to see who they will choose to play Carnage. I still predict they will choose Domhnall Gleeson, That guy has been blowing up lately and he has the right look and acting chops to pull it off.

I wanna be Carnage.

@Dragonlordxxxxx cast me as Carnage so Sony will call me.

What celebrity doesn't say stupid shit?

But wow, that is some stupid shit

I get celebrities make verbal screw-ups, but that wasn't a slip of the tongue. It was a thought-out statement with the motivation of advancing his career.

Maybe an older Flash Thompson?
The continuity of these co-productions confuses me. Was Homecoming in Marvel's cinematic universe or Sony's?

And if this movie goes ahead and they decide for Spiderman to cameo, whose Spidey would that be?

The continuity of these co-productions confuses me. Was Homecoming in Marvel's cinematic universe or Sony's?

And if this movie goes ahead and they decide for Spiderman to cameo, whose Spidey would that be?

Well the new Spider-Man is a joint venture so who knows.

All I care about is seeing squirrel girl and something tight that makes my pants feel tight

Update: September 27, 2017

Michelle Williams to Join Tom Hardy in Sony's VENOM Movie

ub3foQ3.jpg

Michelle Williams is in talks to star opposite Tom Hardy in Sony’s Venom movie. Riz Ahmed is also on board with Ruben Fleischer directing.

Sources say Williams would play a district attorney and possibly Hardy’s love interest.

Sony execs and Fleischer had been meeting with multiple actresses for the part for the past month, with production beginning next month. Sony recently released the trailer for Ridley Scott’s All the Money in the World, which is already generation Oscar buzz for Williams.

The studio has already made it clear that Venom will play no part in the Spider-Man universe, and that the film will stand on its own.

Scott Rosenberg (Jumanji) and Jeff Pinkner (The Dark Tower) will write the script for Venom, with Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach producing the movie, along with Amy Pascal.

Venom is set to hit theaters on Oct. 5, 2018.

In recent years, Williams has focused more on prestige pics. Her last big studio film was Disney’s Wizard of Oz prequel, Oz the Great and Powerful, in 2013. The Academy Award-nominated actress is coming off one of the best-reviewed performances of her career, in Manchester by the Sea, which earned her an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress.

Her upcoming films include Todd Haynes’ Wonderstruck, Fox’s musical The Greatest Showman on Earth, and Scott’s All the Money in the World, all of which could figure in the awards season conversation.

She is still attached to star in the Janis Joplin biopic Janis as well as spy drama All the Old Knives opposite Chris Pine.

Michelle Williams to Star in ‘Venom’ Opposite Tom Hardy

Cool. In that picture she looks very vibrant & animated. Looking forward to he being a part of it.

ub3foQ3.jpg

Michelle Williams is in talks to star opposite Tom Hardy in Sony’s Venom movie. Riz Ahmed is also on board with Ruben Fleischer directing.

Sources say Williams would play a district attorney and possibly Hardy’s love interest.

Sony execs and Fleischer had been meeting with multiple actresses for the part for the past month, with production beginning next month. Sony recently released the trailer for Ridley Scott’s All the Money in the World, which is already generation Oscar buzz for Williams.

The studio has already made it clear that Venom will play no part in the Spider-Man universe, and that the film will stand on its own.

Scott Rosenberg (Jumanji) and Jeff Pinkner (The Dark Tower) will write the script for Venom, with Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach producing the movie, along with Amy Pascal.

In recent years, Williams has focused more on prestige pics. Her last big studio film was Disney’s Wizard of Oz prequel, Oz the Great and Powerful, in 2013. The Academy Award-nominated actress is coming off one of the best-reviewed performances of her career, in Manchester by the Sea, which earned her an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress.

Her upcoming films include Todd Haynes’ Wonderstruck, Fox’s musical The Greatest Showman on Earth, and Scott’s All the Money in the World, all of which could figure in the awards season conversation.

She is still attached to star in the Janis Joplin biopic Janis as well as spy drama All the Old Knives opposite Chris Pine.

Can't complain about this at all. I'm a fan. Probably one of the best actresses of her era.

With Hardy and Williams and Fleischer at the helm, one would hope this will be good.

She's a cutie, she also looks a lot better with long hair, imo the short hair looks she's sported has never looked good on her.

Hadn't she been dating Heath Ledger for a few years when he passed?

She's a cutie, she also looks a lot better with long hair, imo the short hair looks she's sported has never looked good on her.

Hadn't she been dating Heath Ledger for a few years when he passed?

I think so fellow sherdoger

They have already wrecked this movie :( todd mcfarlane where art thou?
A true shame for him not to be involved. He seems to have been blackballed by a lot of people in the comic and film. Not that I feel sorry for him or his estimated worth of $300m, but for being so well known in the comic community he is severely underrated. He was first to design venom ffs- arguably the dopest looking villain of all time.

New r rated Spawn will make up for it though

This movie is like the opposite of Avatar 2 for me. That movie every news I hear makes me cringe. This movie every bit of news gets me hyped.

ub3foQ3.jpg

This means one of two things...
  1. The script might be better than I would've given them credit for.
  2. Williams has decided to cash in on the superhero genre and fill up the coffers so she can keep doing indies.

2. Williams has decided to cash in on the superhero genre and fill up the coffers so she can keep doing indies.
3. Sony's Amy Pascal duped Michelle Williams by presenting her a depressing period drama script but retitled it "Venom."

She wants $$$.

Wow, some real actors up in this piece. Good for Michelle getting some of that blockbuster $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back