Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't care AT ALL about this movie.

Trailer sold me. Can't wait to see it.

Everybody complaining about Tom Hardy's accent is just being a hater. Tom's "Venom" voice is literally total perfection. Brian Drummond must be proud.

btw I haven't seen it mentioned but I don't think many people realize that this Eddie Brock is very clearly a SJW. kind of like an updated, superpowered version of D.Fens in "Falling Down".

He sounds retarded.

Sounds generic as fuck.
tumblr_mdjs8tGNfz1qaho1po4_r1_250.gif

Right. Game of Thrones obsessed Sherdogger?

I can tell you're a real devil with the ladies. <{1-15}>

Bet all those pretty instagram models wish they could have half as many likes as you bro.

Right. I.C.P obsessed Sherdogger?

Bet all those pretty instagram models wish they could have half as many likes as you bro

Trailer looks solid enough. I wasn’t expecting to be blown away but it definitely looks to have potential.

Hardy is a boss. I don’t find the accent really problematic if I’m being honest.

Jenny Slate. Good shit. But why the hell are they pronouncing it as symbi-oat.

Don’t tell me the cartoon show, all my friends from childhood and I were saying it wrong the whole time.

Ok, finally had a chance to watch with the volume on... I'm already triggered at sim-by-oat.

Right. I.C.P obsessed Sherdogger?

Bet all those pretty instagram models wish they could have half as many likes as you bro
Sir.... <GOT4>

Don't EVER let anybody tell you that imitation isn't the most sincere form of flattery because I just creamed my shorts so hard. <OKC16>

The more I see, the more I think is Tom Hardy the right man for the job on this one?

He does not pull off the investigative reporter at all and when he is doing the dinner scene where he dislikes the evil boss it just looked off seeing as he looks old enough to be said bosses dad.

He also has this weird as hell accent he likes doing and I don't know why he does it?

I don't know mate, the comic book version of Eddie Brock didn't pull off being an investigative reporter either. He was a jock that fought for his dad's approval and never got it; his Sin-Eater investigations were giant failures that made him look stupid, his origin story made him intentionally 'weak' or 'bad at his job' so that when an evil superpower came along he would experience the twisted morality of winning for the first time (in a life spent trying to look like a winner) while his "Venom" persona mocks the version of himself without it

Tom Hardy wandering around googley-eyed and suck-ass at his life makes the schizophrenia with an all-powerful evil entity that much cooler

He's not supposed to be Captain Awesome who got hit with superpowers and became Captain Awesome But Evil

Last edited:
Origin story that's been alteres that I can live with? Check.

Part 2 should involve Spidey.

Part 3? Carnage motherfuckers!

Origin story that's been alteres that I can live with? Check.

Part 2 should involve Spidey.

Part 3? Carnage motherfuckers!

Yeh I was just thinking about the origin story and it's pretty impressive in retrospect that the Topher Grace version had the giant balls to keep the Church setting

A fairly controversial place to become infected with schizophrenia via an alien parasite no matter what time period you tell the story, so props to their team for having "prayers to god answered with Evil Alien Mind-Meld Goo" as their backstory because I don't blame the new film for dodging that bullet

As a big Hardy and Venom fan this looks like shit. <{clintugh}>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back