Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 5yr old nephew is a giant Spider Man fan. I literally just introduced him to Venom about an hour ago.

with that said, this is fucking AWESOME

dWOxj_s-200x150.gif

when I was a kid, this was the issue I bought that was my very first intro to Venom, & the amazing Erik Larson too (I was a die hard X-Men fan only, but decided to branch out because the cover looked awesome).

9f30036be1db3f9add2335e402dc2737.jpg

I still think Fedor would be a good fit for the role.

11419024_848760618544230_491208661_n.jpg

Pass on Sony making it.

Also, funny how that website can't spell Venom, and got the director wrong too.

Last edited:
Would this be the first comic book Villain movie?

Interesting how they will approach this...

Why do you guys like Venom so much, if you can elaborate on that please.
Spiderman shoots webs. It's a metaphor for ejaculation. It's why it appeals to awkward teenagers discovering themselves. When you look at Venom in this light, and remove the awkwardness.

6c1458da0e3d490baaa343b0fcc957f4.jpg

giphy.gif

That new movie LIFE with Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gyllenhaal is a prequel to the Venom movie...You heard it here first.

According to THR, Venom has no director yet, but does have a script: Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner, the latter who worked on 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2, recently turned in a draft. (Dante Harper wrote a previous draft.) The only way a solo movie Venom movie without Spidey would work is if they make Venom into a dark vigilante.

To do Venom and Carnage justice would probably need an R Rating. I don't see that happening. Too big a financial risk with characters who are only well known to hard core Nerds.
Fox tested the waters for an R-rated super(anti)hero movie. They did the test for all other studios, not saying it's going to be the same result but the demographic surely has aged during Venom's heydays. Would watch.

Lol oh shit forgot.

I guess it would be the first Marvel Villain movie though right? Also they portrayed the Suicide Squad as Anti-heroes, they were bad guys but they were sent to do a "good" job.

Venom is just a Venom. A bad vile creature.

Everyone except Lutz is solid. Lutz is stiff as a 2x4. Might as well be Brock in that case.
Yup but better than an unproven Lesnar.

Lol oh shit forgot.

I guess it would be the first Marvel Villain movie though right? Also they portrayed the Suicide Squad as Anti-heroes, they were bad guys but they were sent to do a "good" job.

Venom is just a Venom. A bad vile creature.
They'll probably portray Venom as an anti-hero, anti-villain, whatever.

oh SONY, the shit movie making machine i wonder how this clusterfuck is gonna look like

Right so, if I understand it right, this is how it has all happened:

Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2 happen, the end of the second one teases the Sinister Six film(s) and, Sony have a Venom film lined up. Then Marvel get the rights to Spiderman, but Sony retain the rights to Sinister Six and the like.

So, conceivably, they could make lots of Spiderman villain films, but no more Spiderman films?

And, Spiderman in the MCU can't use Carnage, Venom, Doc Ock Mysterio and all that? But, Vulture was teased at the end of TASM2 and, he is the main villain in Spiderman: Homecoming.

I am confused.

This sounds terrible and disastrous

Wood

not watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back