Velcro or Lace Up?

Iowan

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The question that's plauged the nation and even rather for decades. They would be Venum Elites so what is your opinion? Thanks.

The question that's plauged the nation and even rather for decades. They would be Venum Elites so what is your opinion? Thanks.

Lace up. I find Venum's velcro to be a bit on the weak side. It will be the first thing going out.

I definitely think the Elite looks miles better in their lace up version.

But firstly the lace up has less color choice, secondly and most importantly those gloves suffocate your hands like mad, I would never ever want to be trapped in laces with those gloves, after experiencing them only the thoughts of not able to take them off immediately haunted me.

So I'd say velcro if you have to get the Elite. Even the lace up looks so good. But using the Elite, you want to take those gloves off for a breather even before your session get to the end, now imagine you have to wait even longer for someone to unlace you, it would be god awful..

Those are some decent/ great gloves for beginners, but you have to make sure you can "reflesh" the air trapped inside every break by taking them off for a breather. And only doing that to make the elite acceptable in terms of use.

Lace up with these gloves just doesn't make any sense, 'cause the material, the padding, the weight, everything is good for beginners/intermediate user only, lace up make them real unacceptable to use in my book really.

Last edited:
I definitely think the Elite looks miles better in their lace up version.

But firstly the lace up has less color choice, secondly and most importantly those gloves suffocate your hands like mad, I would never ever want to be trapped in laces with those gloves, after experiencing them only the thoughts of not able to take them off immediately haunted me.

So I'd say velcro if you have to get the Elite. Even the lace up looks so good. But using the Elite, you want to take those gloves off for a breather even before your session get to the end, now imagine you have to wait even longer for someone to unlace you, it would be god awful..

Those are some decent/ great gloves for beginners, but you have to make sure you can "reflesh" the air trapped inside every break by taking them off for a breather. And only doing that to make the elite acceptable in terms of use.

Lace up with these gloves just doesn't make any sense, 'cause the material, the padding, the weight, everything is good for beginners/intermediate user only, lace up make them real unacceptable to use in my book really.

Nice to know.

How is the velcro on the Elite ?

Nice to know.

How is the velcro on the Elite ?

Slightly flimsier than the Giant. But in my book the giant has no problem with the velcro though (above average-good, definitely not bad). Haven't used the Elite long enough to the status anything falling out, but I can see there is a possibility on the velcro giving out since the amount of sweat they generate inside the gloves, still between that possibility and trapped in lace up, I take those chances any day.

Lace ups always

It's not as convenient but I like it better

same here, but I think it was choosing between two specific options. Apparently the laceups they're talking about are a bit suffocating.

btw, slip on > everything.

Back