vegetarian and vegan powerlifters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
never concerned myself with what others do with themselves, as long as they don't try to push iton you

Berardi did a cool vegetarian experiment a while back... Try googling that. Most vegans will simply claim you don't need the protein the strongest most successful athletes, trainers, and nutritionists say you do... Go figure

Veganism = retarded.

LOL, a little harsh. :icon_twis

But it's a pain in the ass trying to go out for a meal with these people.

I love ordering a steak or similar dish and chowing it down in front of them.

Being a vegetarian is one thing, but I think vegan is going too far.

Major health organizations generaly state that it's possible to be healthy on a vegetarian diet, althought this says nothing about whether it's optimal for sports performance. Both the German and Swiss national health organizations recommend against a vegan diet. There's other national organizations (like health Canada) that don't have a problem with it. But that fact that there isn't consensus over whether person can even be healthy on a vegan diets suggests that it's probably going to have a very negative impact on sports performance.

Additionaly, there are big differences between how individuals react to a vegetarian diet. Like anything regarding diet there are genetic factors, like how some people need to carefully watch salt or cholesterol, but others don't have to worry so much. I've known two "vegetarian" athletes and they both found that have meat occasionally made a big difference.

omw to fwap before workout

PS - fake plates.

I lose respect for 99% of people I find out are vegetarian or vegan.

I lose respect for 99% of people I find out are quite religious or believe in God.

See how stupid that sounds?

Why would you even post that?

wtf does this have to do with being a vegan?

Lol. My bad. I was wondering why I couldn't find that post in the squats = nice ass thread. Lulz. I must of accidentally clicked on the wrong thread.

And I know they're fake plates. Heels, that many reps with no struggle, easy to spot the bullshit. Still a nice ass though.

At least you'll have something nice to watch if you don't enjoy the thread. Lol.

Lol. My bad. I was wondering why I couldn't find that post in the squats = nice ass thread. Lulz. I must of accidentally clicked on the wrong thread.

And I know they're fake plates. Heels, that many reps with no struggle, easy to spot the bullshit. Still a nice ass though.

At least you'll have something nice to watch if you don't enjoy the thread. Lol.

yeh I knew you were goin for the other thread.. whatever.. at least this thread is less gay than it previously was with all the vegan/jesus crap.

I lose respect for 99% of people I find out are quite religious or believe in God.

I feel that way for both vegans and the religious.

Berardi did a cool vegetarian experiment a while back... Try googling that. Most vegans will simply claim you don't need the protein the strongest most successful athletes, trainers, and nutritionists say you do... Go figure

Yeah but it wasnt vegan. He ate a shit load of animal products, tons of milk and eggs I thinks

Not going to criticize vegetarians/vegans in any way since its a belief

80680847.png

Not going to criticize vegetarians/vegans in any way since its a belief

There's no reason why you can't criticise a belief. Pol Pot, Stalin and Musolini all were mass murderers because of a belief. Slavery, racism and eugenics are due to beliefs. North Korea is fucked up because of crazy beliefs.

I'm not going to invoke Godwin's law. It's taking the easy way out.
Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedophilia can be argued as a belief, however unpopular.

I dunno that sounds pretty spot on to me. :icon_neut

I dunno that sounds pretty spot on to me. :icon_neut

Yeah, no kidding.

The point I was trying to make didn't really work out.

Either way, I guess the point was: Don't criticize people for a personal belief.

In John's case, don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Whether or not someone is a Jeebus lover or a vegan, I could give a fuck less. I'd rather spend my time doing my own thing than worrying about someone else.

If you want to eat rabbit food all the time, be my guest, that's just one less person that can steal the good meats before I can get to the store. If you want to believe in Jeebus that's fine. I don't, but as long as you can respect that I don't, we don't have issues. The issue I have is when someone tries to press their view or opinion on me. I don't give a fuck about what you do, as long as you don't make it my problem.

That's the same way I feel about gay people. I don't give a fuck about what you do, or what jesus' opinion of it is, keep the shit away from me, and I could give a fuck less.

Time spent worrying about others, is time wasted that I could have used doing something productive for me.

genetic/biological

Putting everything in a nice neat little box with a bow on it is handy, but with out proof, it's just an oral expulsion of bovine fecal matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back