vegetarian and vegan powerlifters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guilineseguy

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Now this is a serious question. I have alot of friends who are vegetarian/vegan, and I was wondering. Is there anyone on here who is vegetarian/vegan, and what do you do for protein? I know nuts, and seeds. things like this have protein. but i am just wondering how they would do it.

Would whey protein be considered a "no-no"?

Because, if I were vegan, I would clump the powder up into a pile and eat it as if it were a steak.

i drink soy protein. it's vegan...gnc brand and a big tub was about 30 bucks.

not a vegan (anymore) but just weirded out by dairy en mass.

as for meals, eat a lot of beans, rice, oatmeal, whole grains, quinoa, etc.

lol....actually they are cool people, not the overbearing"oh my god! you eat meat!" type. was just sitting here, and was honestly curious,

and i think whey protein is made from cows.?.?.? isn't whey like milk protein or something?

isn't whey like milk protein or something?

Oh yeah.

Well, there goes my backup plan for going vegan.

AbdominalSnowman started out as a 300lb vegan because of how fucked up the food industry is, but now he hunts his own meat.

Win-win.

i drink soy protein. it's vegan...gnc brand and a big tub was about 30 bucks.

not a vegan (anymore) but just weirded out by dairy en mass.

as for meals, eat a lot of beans, rice, oatmeal, whole grains, quinoa, etc.

I also drink soy protein, only because whey protein is crazy expensive here, when they opened the wal mart here in Guilin, i was hoping they would have all the cool protein shit i seen when i went back home to Michigan last september, but they don't.

Oh yeah.

I have mad respect for people who can do it, as long as they are not the kind who want to make everyone like them. I could never do it, never be able to give up eggs, or meat. never ever ever

Oh yeah.

AbdominalSnowman started out as a 300lb vegan because of how fucked up the food industry is, but now he hunts his own meat.

Win-win.

i did the same thing for about a year, when i was still living back in Michigan. Caught fresh fish, deer, turkey. it was the bomb. but where i am at now, i get good meat, and vegetables. the only thing is the veggies can have some nasty pesticides on them. but i try to buy my things from the farmers who come in from the country sides. much cleaner stuff.

I have mad respect for people who can do it, as long as they are not the kind who want to make everyone like them. I could never do it, never be able to give up eggs, or meat. never ever ever
it isn't that hard. i'm coming off of two years right now. i'm still mostly a vegan but have no problem with local/organic meat. but, as i said, dairy is sort of gross so that's about the only thing i avoid.

Bro you are awesome! wonder if they would ship it here? I also have heard there is a place in beijing that sells it in bulk for cheap, but you have to buy like 10-20 pounds of it at a time, i'll have to check it out i guess, if it is cool, and legit, i can post the link here, and even help with the ordering. because chances are they won't understand english, but you never know anymore.

Now this is a serious question. I have alot of friends who are vegetarian/vegan, and I was wondering. Is there anyone on here who is vegetarian/vegan, and what do you do for protein? I know nuts, and seeds. things like this have protein. but i am just wondering how they would do it.

I'm vegetarian and a novice lifter. I eat 3-4 eggs a day, some cheese, black beans, pasta, about 500mls of skimmed milk, plus whatever protein I get from vegetables (which might be ok when it's mixed with egg/milk protein). I have 40g of whey protein right after lifting though often I have run out and it doesn't seem to make a big difference.

edit: forgot to say, I also eat almonds, macademias, walnuts and cashews, though not every day.

Bro you are awesome! wonder if they would ship it here? I also have heard there is a place in beijing that sells it in bulk for cheap, but you have to buy like 10-20 pounds of it at a time, i'll have to check it out i guess, if it is cool, and legit, i can post the link here, and even help with the ordering. because chances are they won't understand english, but you never know anymore.

I'm in china too. I won't eat any protein powder that I haven't had in the past...so that I know how it should taste.

I also have heard there is a place in beijing that sells it in bulk for cheap, but you have to buy like 10-20 pounds of it at a time.

Hrmm, not sure about the shipping; I neglected that little detail that says you are in China. I would say to just buy it from that place in beijing, because shipping from the US to China is an ass-fucking. Save up a little money and just buy it in bulk, the initial investment sucks, but at least you don't have to hunt for protein when your favorite store stops carrying the stuff you like (ala Sam's or Wal-Mart).

When I order from Trueprotein, I usually get it at 10lbs a time. Last order, I bought 25lbs and it lasted me about half the damn year, lol.

Basically, the more you buy, the cheaper it is. Just be sure that when the shipment comes in, you have plenty of Ziploc freezer bags to store it in, as it comes shipped in a giant trash bag.

Hrmm, not sure about the shipping; I neglected that little detail that says you are in China. I would say to just buy it from that place in beijing, because shipping from the US to China is an ass-fucking. Save up a little money and just buy it in bulk, the initial investment sucks, but at least you don't have to hunt for protein when your favorite store stops carrying the stuff you like (ala Sam's or Wal-Mart).

When I order from Trueprotein, I usually get it at 10lbs a time. Last order, I bought 25lbs and it lasted me about half the damn year, lol.

Basically, the more you buy, the cheaper it is. Just be sure that when the shipment comes in, you have plenty of Ziploc freezer bags to store it in, as it comes shipped in a giant trash bag.

yeah it is a pain, costs a lot. i'll checkk out the beijing thing tomorrow have to hit the sack, have a class to teach tomorrow

Veganism = retarded.

I have a vegan in my freezer that I make great steaks out of to help my weight gain. They're so tender cause he was a pussy that doesn't lift weights.

I lose respect for 99% of people I find out are vegetarian or vegan.

TP.com, like any place that sells good stuff in bulk, is awesome. I had some extra whey tubs laying around that I was able to put my TP order of recession whey in. I left like half of it in the bag and just closed it off 'til I needed to refill my tubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back