Vegetable Oils Make You Fat And Cause Chronic Disease

biohacked.entrepreneur

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
For anyone who’s looked into and reasearched the health effects of different omega-6 containing vegetable oils, you’ll quickly find that there’s a strong connection between all of them and the major degenerative diseases such as diabetes, cancer, heart disease, alzheimer’s and even obesity.

Here are a couple of excerpts from the full text studies that I found particularily interesting:

On obesity from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23249760:

‘Recent studies have emphasized the proadipogenic properties of the omega-6 PUFA, and provided evidence that rodents fed on diets with omega-6 PUFA contents similar to the typical US diet (6–8% energy) have an increased fat mass. Importantly, recent studies have shown that perinatal exposure to a high omega-6 PUFA diet results in a progressive accumulation of body fat across generations.’

On chronic disease from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18408140:

Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today’s Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases...’

On chronic disease from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22570770:

‘...high intake of n-6 PUFA, along with low intakes of n-3 PUFA, shifts the physiological state to one that is proinflammatory and prothrombotic with increases in vasospasm, vasoconstriction, and blood viscosity and the development of diseases associated with these conditions.’

So if you HAVE to cook with oil (which I don’ t recommend) using something like MCT oil or adding olive oil to salad might be less harmful compared to n-6 oils. Even then, fats in general, also those in olive oil have been connected to diabetes and MCT oil/coconut oil has some pretty potent cholesterol raising effects.

This is certainly common knowledge around here but I find that researching these connections on my own gives me a more complete understanding rather than just taking somebody’s word for it. I find it’s also easier to stay on a diet and avoid the harmful foods if you are constantly reading studies and seeing evidence everywhere on their negative effects yourself.

If you have more reaserch to add, I’d appreciate it.

You are trying to do something positive here so that's cool. But fuck, what a pretentious username. You are a regular Dave Aspie

fatty-acid-breakdown-of-different-fats.jpg

My mainstay olive oil is looking pretty good to me yeah? I mean along with the shitloads of fish I eat.

Interesting, will check this out later.

is omega 3 not that shit in the capsule i take to keep my cholesterol good?

fatty-acid-breakdown-of-different-fats.jpg

My mainstay olive oil is looking pretty good to me yeah? I mean along with the shitloads of fish I eat.
i can understand where you get shit loads of fish in your diet, but how do you get the olive oil? Do you eat a lot of Spaniards and Italians?

i can understand where you get shit loads of fish in your diet, but how do you get the olive oil? Do you eat a lot of Spaniards and Italians?
Momma said stay away from them northern european girls, they sweat goose fat and butter

In general I try to stay away from canola, safflower/sunflower, and soybean oil.

And try to get lots of coconut, olive, and sometimes ghee (clarified butter)

Butter in moderation is good

I eat fish and take fish oil too but I'm talking about cooking oils.

Please read
Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food Hardcover
by Catherine Shanahan M.D.

You guys realize TS is a bot, right?

Well you just buy it at the supermarket :D

http://evoo.academy/the-smoke-point/#
“When heated, olive oil is the most stable fat, which means it stands up well to high frying temperatures. Its high smoke point (410ºF or 210ºC) is well above the ideal temperature for frying food (356ºF or 180ºC). The digestibility of olive oil is not affected when it is heated, even when it is re-used several times for frying” IOOC.

Last edited:
I only use extra virgin Olive Oil and I've been able to put on a significant amount of fat in the last 4 months. Probably 15-20lbs of fat of the ~25lbs I've put on.

I sort of wish I'd kept an exact food log of what I've eaten; I really doubt the calories add up to weight gain I've seen.

I really doubt the calories add up to weight gain I've seen.
You better hope they do otherwise basic laws of thermodynamics are broken and that's not a world I want to live in.
Well you just buy it at the supermarket :D

http://evoo.academy/the-smoke-point/#
“When heated, olive oil is the most stable fat, which means it stands up well to high frying temperatures. Its high smoke point (410ºF or 210ºC) is well above the ideal temperature for frying food (356ºF or 180ºC). The digestibility of olive oil is not affected when it is heated, even when it is re-used several times for frying” IOOC.

That high smoke point is only true of refined olive oil not EV, i reckon it is worth mentioning. Also olive oil is not the most stable, quite a few have a higher smoke point. Avocado oil, ghee, safflower higher than most types of olive oil... corn soy palm peanut etc higher than EV

Last edited:
Ugh..Coconut oil gives me the jitters as soon as I eat. It's a natural fat burner that I feel exhausted after finishing my meal. I'm sticking to virgin oil.

Back