Vegan Athletes Exposed

i think the vid MIGHT be anecdotal evidence, lol.
Williams sisters and Tim Bradley are vegan, or at least when in competition, as was Carl Lewis. Most of the Tennesee Titans went vegan for last season, made the playoffs for the first time in forever.....
annnnnnd none of that proves that veganism is superior, either. Too many variables, and also there are a ton of ways to be healthy. Regardless of whether you eat meat or not, i think it is generally that people who focus on meat often dont get enough calories from plants, which are important for health.

Plenty of scientific evidence to suggest that a diet high in animal protein can be detrimental for your long term health, especially in middle aged people. Too much IGF-1 seems to promote cancer growth and accelerate aging, and animal protein is really good at inducing the production of this particular growth hormone.

That being said there is still lots science can't yet explain, and more research is needed. Too little protein and too low IGF-1 is also linked to health problems in various age groups.

The problem is not with young pro athletes, but with your average fat fuck westerner that has to eat meat and dairy with every single meal.

People In general were equally healthy during previous generations.

Can you please clarify?

Quality of life in cities, life expectancy, food availability, young children death (before 4 years old) has been in constant improvement for a very long time, for many generations, in North America and everywhere else.

It's hilarious when people get mad about things other people do that have no effect on them whatsoever.

Let people do what they want.
I know, everything is always a competition, especially when people try to improve their lives

I don't get why redneck snowflakes get so mad about veganism anyway.

The more vegans there are:
  • The lower the meat demand. Lower demand = lower prices
  • The better the salad and veggie side dishes are at your favorite steakhouse
  • The less people you have to fight during a bacon shortage
The more vegans there are, the higher chance of dating a vegan, makes dinners a little to be desired trying to workout such a dichotomy. And I am in no position to be removing such a large segment of the population. That being said, love your three reasons.

meat, by and large is probably the most unhealthy thing you can eat...bar none...talk to any expert on nutrition and they will all tell you the same thing...fish is far more healthy. and as far as protein, there are many things you can have to get plenty of protein...protein powders for example...eggs are also very healthy.
I'm definitely no expert on nutrition, just going off my personal experience. I imagine that as with most things, moderation is the key.

Went vegan about 6 months ago to help my long distance running.

One of the best decisions I ever made. And I love meat. Fucking love it.

Went vegetarian about two months ago. I physically and emotionally feel better than ever.

I do miss bacon, though, but oh well.

Plenty of scientific evidence to suggest that a diet high in animal protein can be detrimental for your long term health, especially in middle aged people. Too much IGF-1 seems to promote cancer growth and accelerate aging, and animal protein is really good at inducing the production of this particular growth hormone.

That being said there is still lots science can't yet explain, and more research is needed. Too little protein and too low IGF-1 is also linked to health problems in various age groups.

The problem is not with young pro athletes, but with your average fat fuck westerner that has to eat meat and dairy with every single meal.

"Too much SEEMS to promote cancer growth"

There's a key word there that makes modern science a slippery slope. What do we really know about IGF-1 and what will we learn in 10 years time that contradicts that? Remember, 100 years ago modern science didn't know that good bacteria existed in the body, and in result made antibiotics that kill everything instead of just the bad bacteria. Leading to a chronic health epidemic in the Western world. Slippery slope indeed.

Here's and article explaining some of the issues with demonizing meat as "cancer causing": http://www.theultimatealphaproject.com/meat-igf1-cancer/

Also, if most fat people would put down the procssed grain and sugar and upper their meat intake, we'd see a huge decrease in obesity and chronic illnesses. So don't make blanket statements like "fat people that need meat with every meal" that would suggest that meat is the cause of their obesity. When it's not.

Can you please clarify?

Quality of life in cities, life expectancy, food availability, young children death (before 4 years old) has been in constant improvement for a very long time, for many generations, in North America and everywhere else.
Not untrue. During that same period, level of health and quality of food has steadily been going down though. Then you can also add In chemicals and a host of other health concerns

Not untrue. During that same period, level of health and quality of food has steadily been going down though. Then you can also add In chemicals and a host of other health concerns

Quality of life should not be equated to life expectancy.

I'd rather die at 25 fighting a bear in the forest with a life of prospering health and vitality before that, then to live to 70 with a poor diet and countless medications I have to take every day with various side effects.

So yes, people lived more dangerous lives in 1800s America and thus life expectancy was probably lower. But that does not equate to quality of life. Modern Science has probably done a lot to reduce infant mortality, I will give you that.

Can you please clarify?

You'll have to direct that question to @MescalineDreams .

He claimed people were far healthier in previous generations, my post was just a tongue-in-cheek rebuttal since he had provided claims with no source I felt free to do the same.

There's a key word there that makes modern science a slippery slope. What do we really know about IGF-1 and what will we learn in 10 years time that contradicts that? Remember, 100 years ago modern science didn't know that good bacteria existed in the body, and in result made antibiotics that kill everything instead of just the bad bacteria. Leading to a chronic health epidemic in the Western world. Slippery slope indeed.

Here's and article explaining some of the issues with demonizing meat as "cancer causing": http://www.theultimatealphaproject.com/meat-igf1-cancer/

Also, if most fat people would put down the procssed grain and sugar and upper their meat intake, we'd see a huge decrease in obesity and chronic illnesses. So don't make blanket statements like "fat people that need meat with every meal" that would suggest that meat is the cause of their obesity. When it's not.

Imagine being so deluded that you think you can refute decades of research by PhDs in universities with a link from ''theultimatelaphaproject.com''.

Sherdog nutritionists are at it again lol.

Let's just disregard the fact that meat and animal products have only been considered "bad" for the last 100 years of human existence. Let's also disregard the fact that the sugar industry and agriculture business gained an extraordinary amount of business during this time. Food pyramid was written by the agriculture business, not credible nutritionists.

Science is also rapidly realizing that animal products are tremendously better for us then processed grains and sugar. That a diet rich in fatty meats, properly sprouted/fermented grains, roots/tubers, Raw dairy, cooked greens, ect ect is what the human body thrives on. No surprise that's what humans have thrived on for our entire existence.

I recommend the people of sherdog to read some Weston A Price, Mark Sisson, Chris Kesser, Dr. Rhonda Patrick, and Dr. Axe literature. It will help you out in the long run.

The average life expectancy a hundred years ago was like 45. I don't value their opinions when it comes to modern nutrition and modern science.

Last edited:
Lack of B12? Lol you don't think Haye was taking 1 pill of b12 a week? What a joke.

WHO puts processed meat as a type 1 carcinogen. WHO puts red meat as a type 2. Case closed.

Look at the numbers and spikes In cardiovascular and other diseases over the last 100 years. Prior to previous generations.
Do you have any reference you can show us here? My first question would be if it is segmented by age when looking at these rates? I'd imagine more forms of cancer today, but because people live longer increasing the probabilities of it. Pretty sure people are healthier today than 100 years ago, if you look at average life span. But would love to learn more KPIs for this topic.

WHO puts processed meat as a type 1 carcinogen. WHO puts red meat as a type 2. Case closed.

To blindly follow a government organisation and declare their opinion as the end all be all is a dangerous game I'd suggest not playing. But if that is truly your game, then there is nothing I can say that will sway your opinion on any matter that isn't backed by a government based study. Good luck is all I can say.

I'm definitely no expert on nutrition, just going off my personal experience. I imagine that as with most things, moderation is the key.

I've been trying to cut back. mainly cause of the murdering of millions of animals...I've never thought that was right...certain animals are used purely for food, while we love other animals..I don't think that's right.

Back