Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Jose Pedraza.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This fight is set to happen on December 1st. Does Pedraza have a chance?

Much as a snowball in hell, Pedraza's chances in there are nonexistent.

No, not really, but then again, I don't think Pedraza is that much worse (or different) than Linares, and Linares did alright. He might not give a terrible account of himself, but he's not winning.

Effectively none.

They are very different animals IMO @JayE. Pedraza just doesn’t have that extra something that Linares has. Linares has shown flashes of brilliance, crap that makes a person smile or do a double take. Yes Pedraza has some sharp punches, quality jab and fairly steady foodwork but nothing that makes you say wow. Solid fighter but not the cream of the crop.

I think Lomo beats the ever living crap out him. Ain’t nothing gonna be close about it. That’s how I see it.

Effectively none.

They are very different animals IMO @JayE. Pedraza just doesn’t have that extra something that Linares has. Linares has shown flashes of brilliance, crap that makes a person smile or do a double take. Yes Pedraza has some sharp punches, quality jab and fairly steady foodwork but nothing that makes you say wow. Solid fighter but not the cream of the crop.

I think Lomo beats the ever living crap out him. Ain’t nothing gonna be close about it. That’s how I see it.

I don't really disagree, aside from the fact that I don't rate Linares all that high. He's a guy who has really fast hands and flashy combinations, but he's never been someone who can maintain it for any amount of time, even against mediocrities. Pedraza's performance against Beltran was probably more impressive than any performance in Linares' career, after all.

Pedraza isn't going to do too much to trouble Lomachenko, but I don't think he's much different in class than Linares.

this will be lomachenko's first fight since his shoulder surgery. i don't really blame him for taking somewhat of a step down in competition.

Hum.... you see those two on the same level

Just messing wit you.

At least we agree Pedraza ain’t a challenge

Hum.... you see those two on the same level

Just messing wit you.

At least we agree Pedraza ain’t a challenge

This is more the fact that I've never really thought a ton of Linares.

this will be lomachenko's first fight since his shoulder surgery. i don't really blame him for taking somewhat of a step down in competition.
It's a unification, so even if he was never injured, belt unifications are always fine by me.

I always feel if you hold one of the world titles, you should be ready to fight the other world champions.

No, not really, but then again, I don't think Pedraza is that much worse (or different) than Linares, and Linares did alright. He might not give a terrible account of himself, but he's not winning.
Theyre pretty similar physically and skill wise, Linares is much more gutsy and durable though

Theyre pretty similar physically and skill wise, Linares is much more gutsy and durable though

Linares or Pedraza? Because Linares' biggest flaws are durability, mental strength, and stamina. It's why he can look very impressive one round, and then spend the next round taking shots on the ropes against mediocrities.

Anyone want to sig bet? i'll take Loma.

Linares or Pedraza? Because Linares' biggest flaws are durability, mental strength, and stamina. It's why he can look very impressive one round, and then spend the next round taking shots on the ropes against mediocrities.
Linares

Was it the Gesta fight where he crapped out? The Campbell and Crolla fights he looked really well

Linares

Was it the Gesta fight where he crapped out? The Campbell and Crolla fights he looked really well
Was Pedraza ever the universally recognized number 1 guy in the division? Linares was, sure it was weak and Mikey was bouncing around and hadn't been there long but this revisionist history on Linares like he never got better and wasn't the top guy of a division is absurd

It's not a great fight but Lomachenko is coming back after a pretty significant shoulder injury. So in that respect, it's about right.

Pedraza's performance against Beltran was probably more impressive than any performance in Linares' career, after all.
I really don't agree at all. Beltran isn't much to write home about. I don't think that there's much separating him from Crolla or Larios or Gamalial Diaz. Pedraza is a good fighter, but he's definitely a class below Linares IMO, een if Linares is a bit overrated.

Back