Vampyr 2 weeks away!

I recently just beat it without eating anyone. I got an achievement for it. Only .70% of xbox players has it. Feels pretty good. I was only level 24 when I beat the final boss.
I almost made it but I hated that billionaire guy so much that I chose to kill him rather than turn him

I almost made it but I hated that billionaire guy so much that I chose to kill him rather than turn him

Haha, I really hated him too and also the guy you meet in the very beginning who stabs the guy. Hes such a prick.

I understand ambiguity fitting in with the moral conflict that the game tries to go for, but some shit comes right out of the fucking blue. I thought I understood what made an ideal save/level up scenario while maintaining the health of the district, turns out I was wrong.
I'm just not killing anyone, doing all their hints/quests, and healing them when they're sick. Am I missing something?

I'm just not killing anyone, doing all their hints/quests, and healing them when they're sick. Am I missing something?

If you keep doing that and turn the millionaire who's dying into a vampire you'll get the achievement.

Last edited:
Haha, I really hated him too and also the guy you meet in the very beginning who stabs the guy. Hes such a prick.
I also heard that if you chose to kill that serial killer by the docks, his mother will finally let the orphan stay in his house the following day

Oh btw if you would turned the millionaire you would've still been able to kill him later in the game. You end up stumbling up on him randomly and hes raging out. When I spare Sean I was fucking pissed how it made the city go into chaos. I was glad when i stumbled upon his ass and he attacked me.

Oh btw if you would turned the millionaire you would've still been able to kill him later in the game. You end up stumbling up on him randomly and hes raging out. When I spare Sean I was fucking pissed how it made the city go into chaos. I was glad when i stumbled upon his ass and he attacked me.
Wow. I should try a second playthrough soon. I looked up the 4 possible endings but will try my next playthrough choosing which people to kill and see the dynamics the following day. I spared Sean too and it turned chaotic because 3 other residents got turned because of the chose

Wow. I should try a second playthrough soon. I looked up the 4 possible endings but will try my next playthrough choosing which people to kill and see the dynamics the following day

I'm currently killing everyone now and I do mean everyone. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Read my previous spoiler; I thought I was good, everyone was healed up and I thought I had the green light to safely level up between main quests, without negatively impacting the regions. Turns out I was wrong;

Everyone at Pembroke Hospital, except Dr. Swansea, died. While all other regions went from 90+ % healthy or sanitized, to almost critical.

I should probably read the article that suddenly appeared between levels, but I've been too pissed off to try to play the game again. It may give me a bit more insight as to where I "fucked up".

Read my previous spoiler; I thought I was good, everyone was healed up and I thought I had the green light to safely level up between main quests, without negatively impacting the regions. Turns out I was wrong;

Everyone at Pembroke Hospital, except Dr. Swansea, died. While all other regions went from 90+ % healthy or sanitized, to almost critical.

I should probably read the article that suddenly appeared between levels, but I've been too pissed off to try to play the game again. It may give me a bit more insight as to where I "fucked up".

How the fuck did you not notice they were sick bruh?

Lol thats fucked.

How the fuck did you not notice they were sick bruh?

Lol thats fucked.
They weren't, my regions were totally healthy; 90+ % into the green for everything and anyone who had any sort of ailment was treated and en route to recovery. That said,

I turned both Dr. Swansea and Dawson in the same night. Stayed at level 27 for forever and decided to try to level up between rescuing Dr. Swansea at the theatre and developing the antidote. When I slept to level up, everything went to shit.

The way they handle the pillars of the community is fucked. I get that in the frame of the narrative, they want to make choices difficult and obscure but it seems you're at least kinda fucked no matter what you do.

I've been trying to get the goodie-two-shoes ending. Here's where I fucked up the first time:

I charmed Dorothy in White Chapel (blue option), turns out I made her bat shit crazy and she ended up a vampire anyways. Fuck it, I decided to soldier on. Then, I let Sean Hampton live (without letting him feed on my blood) and I guess that made him bat shit crazy too, so I had to kill him anyways.

So I rage quit that play through and restarted, with the aim to keep those two regions from going to shit. The next time around:

I convinced Dorothy to just quit blackmailing, turns out that option was the "correct" one for keeping the region healthy. Next, I fed Sean Hampton blood (blue option) which apparently mellows his ass out and keeps the region healthy. When I got to Dawson, I turned him, figuring that if he dies from old age, the region goes to utter shit. Without levelling up, I also turned the dying Dr. Swansea, also figuring that if he succumbed to his wounds, the hospital would lose a pillar and the region would also go to shit. Turns out I was wrong, so despite keeping everyone healthy and doing stuff that I think would keep a community pillar "alive", the regions still all went to shit.

The way they handle the pillars of the community is fucked. I get that in the frame of the narrative, they want to make choices difficult and obscure but it seems you're at least kinda fucked no matter what you do.

I've been trying to get the goodie-two-shoes ending. Here's where I fucked up the first time:

I charmed Dorothy in White Chapel (blue option), turns out I made her bat shit crazy and she ended up a vampire anyways. Fuck it, I decided to soldier on. Then, I let Sean Hampton live (without letting him feed on my blood) and I guess that made him bat shit crazy too, so I had to kill him anyways.

So I rage quit that play through and restarted, with the aim to keep those two regions from going to shit. The next time around:

I convinced Dorothy to just quit blackmailing, turns out that option was the "correct" one for keeping the region healthy. Next, I fed Sean Hampton blood (blue option) which apparently mellows his ass out and keeps the region healthy. When I got to Dawson, I turned him, figuring that if he dies from old age, the region goes to utter shit. Without levelling up, I also turned the dying Dr. Swansea, also figuring that if he succumbed to his wounds, the hospital would lose a pillar and the region would also go to shit. Turns out I was wrong, so despite keeping everyone healthy and doing stuff that I think would keep a community pillar "alive", the regions still all went to shit.
Fuck this shit, I'm just gonna follow a walkthrough. Sucks that I have to do that but I can't be bothered to keep restarting my game due to unclear bullshit.

Fuck this shit, I'm just gonna follow a walkthrough. Sucks that I have to do that but I can't be bothered to keep restarting my game due to unclear bullshit.
At least the good thing is that most of the time is spent on dialogue rather than the long fights. I restarted the first time when I messed up Dorothy Crane's main mission dialogue and had charmed her instead. Lost around 12 hours including completed side missions that time around but took just 2 hours to get back to that point including side missions. I guess you can just keep playing through it since you are very close to the end and start a new game once its done

Also the fights seem easy enough in games. The boss fights too where you are 10 levels below the npcs. The hardest fight in game was probably McCullem for me

At least the good thing is that most of the time is spent on dialogue rather than the long fights. I restarted the first time when I messed up Dorothy Crane's main mission dialogue and had charmed her instead. Lost around 12 hours including completed side missions that time around but took just 2 hours to get back to that point including side missions. I guess you can just keep playing through it since you are very close to the end and start a new game once its done
Yeah, I've noticed that too. I just skip through all the skippable cutscenes and mash square on the dialogue. The game is still very enjoyable but it's just a shame on all the bullshit I have to go through to play it.

I shouldn't really complain too much as this year has been and will be pretty solid for single player video games. We've already had God of War and Vampyr, then we also have Spider-Man and Red Dead Redemption 2 coming out in a few months.

Also the fights seem easy enough in games. The boss fights too where you are 10 levels below the npcs. The hardest fight in game was probably McCullem for me
Like I said before, I ditched my stun/bite build when I realized that coagulation + shadow mist = rape. I picked both branches which refill blood and the beauty of that combination is that shadow mist doesn't count as a hit that "un-freezes" coagulation; so the enemy either dies before either spell is over, or the guy with a high enough shadow resistance is stuck there for the duration of whichever spell ends first.

At level 29; with coagulation, shadow mist and autophagy maxed and remaining points dumped into health and stamina respectively; I'm mindlessly (and begrudgingly) breezing through the remainder of the game for the first complete play through. If my mood improves and I decide to try to play again, I'll be going with this build again, from the start.

Looks like I still got the good ending, it seems like it's only tied to how many people you do or don't embrace. Kinda defeats the point of keeping a district healthy, save for the potential investigations you can complete if you keep people alive long enough.

Kinda wish I had spoken to the post-vampire Swansea or Dawson, but at that point, I just rushed to the final cinematic out of spite.

I think I will play it again, if nothing else, to be a completionist and to experience the OP rape-fest that is coagulation + shadow mist, from the beginning.

Enjoyed this game a lot. It had some flaws, but well worth the playthrough.

Back