Valiant Entertainment (Paramount Picks Up HARBINGER from Sony)

Archer and Armstrong, XO manowar, RAI, Bloodshot, are all pretty good books. Ninjak I am not a fan of, harbinger is a pretty nice series as well.

Apparently someone realized they gave Valiant Entertainment 9 figures.

Quantum & Woody for the win.

With Deadpool's success, that could actually be a hit without name values imo.

Update: September 13, 2016

First Glimpse at Valiant and Bat in the Sun's Live-Action NINJAK

valiant-panels-199748.jpg

Fans are less than a month away from finding out the exact nature of Valiant Entertainment’s collaboration with Super Power Beat Down creator Bat in the Sun — but today, in an announcement for the company’s New York Comic Con panels, they included a first look at the costume for Michael Rowe’s Ninjak.

Ninjak is Colin King, a British intelligence asset and master martial artist with a dark, mysterious past. Since he showed up in X-O Manowar, he’s become one of the most important characters in “New Valiant,” having appeared in Unity and The Valiant before getting his own series in 2015. The webseries with Bat in the Sun is rumored to center on Ninjak battling his way through the heroes and villains of the Valiant Universe alike.

Rowe, who played Suicide Squad member Deadshot on Arrow before his character died to make way for a big-screen version played by Will Smith, got online discussion of the webseries moving when he tweeted something that teased his involvement with Valiant Entertainment.

The panel will take place on Saturday, October 8. Valiant Entertainment and Bat in the Sun will, according to the panel description, “join forces for a feature-length live-action series! Join directors Aaron & Sean Schoenke, stars Michael Rowe (CW's Arrow/Flash), Jason David Frank (Power Rangers), Derek Theler (Baby Daddy), Valiant's top executives and more for a first look at footage from the top-secret project!”

Valiant Entertainment and Bat in the Sun Reveal First Look at Live-Action 'Ninjak'

i never heard of this Valiant comics before

So who will win Blood Shot vs Wolverine

Ninjak vs Batman

Immortal Warrior vs Vandal Savage

Is there anyone Superman or Flash level powers?

Update: September 26, 2016

Sony Plans HARBINGER as First Movie in Valiant Movie Universe, BLOODSHOT Delayed

VCgLq6j.jpg

Sony is moving forward on its five-film plan for joint film franchises based on the Valiant comic books Harbinger and Bloodshot, which are then set to culminate in a “Harbinger Wars” crossover event film, TheWrap has learned.

Within the last month, Sony has preemptively renewed its option on Harbinger — a comic following a teenage runaway Peter Stanchek with massive telekinetic powers — for a sum in the high six figures and is moving to package the pictures quickly.

The previously announced Bloodshot — about a mortally wounded soldier resurrected with cutting-edge nanotechnology and charged with rounding up “harbingers” like Stanchek — is now seen as the second film in the series.

Bloodshot would be introduced as the villain in franchise kickoff Harbinger, an individual with knowledge of the project said, with “Bloodshot” following a year later.

The plot for the “Harbinger” screenplay by writer Eric Heisserer (Arrival, Lights Out) is being kept under wraps but it’s believed to follow Valiant’s 2012 volume of the Bloodshot series.

Additionally, the move to bump Harbinger up in the release order is giving Sony ample opportunity to develop and position additional spin-offs from the Harbinger and Bloodshot universes.

Attention is now being given to multiple characters from the comics, including the HARD Corps, Livewire, Generation Zero, and, most notably, Faith, who generated a ton of worldwide media attention in the comics space this year and features prominently in the Harbinger script.

Sony Moves Up Plans for ‘Harbinger’ as the First Movie in Valiant Comics Cinematic Universe (Exclusive)

I don't much about Valiant comics so how will do you
think they'll do against Marvel and DC at the Movies?

I'll have to admit I'd rather see them animated I
know that none of you will agree with me but I feel
that are better suited for that then live action
mostly due to the high cost of making live action
movies.

I don't much about Valiant comics so how will do you
think they'll do against Marvel and DC at the Movies?

I'll have to admit I'd rather see them animated I
know that none of you will agree with me but I feel
that are better suited for that then live action
mostly due to the high cost of making live action
movies.
Yeah I don't know too much about Valiant myself, except Bart Sears was an animal on the pencils and XO Manowar looked cool.

I am a big fan of animated comics adaptations. However in this case with less known properties I think Sony is doing the right thing going live-action. Certain segments of people won't give "cartoons" a chance and that would limit the reach of these films.

Good news. I like that they are doing harbinger first and including bloodshot in it as the villain. If they do it right we should be rooting for him by the end of the movie which would make the spinoff more attractive.

Update: September 28, 2016

First Official Image of Michael Rowe as NINJAK for the Valiant Digital Series

CtdfGHgW8AEQeQG.jpg

Press Release: Valiant is proud to debut the first official image of star Michael Rowe in costume as MI-6’s master assassin – Colin King aka the lethal Ninjak – from Valiant’s upcoming TOP-SECRET, LIVE-ACTION project to be announced at New York Comic-Con 2016 (NYCC) on October 8th! Valiant’s first-of-its-kind, feature-length original digital series – directed by Bat in the Sun’s Aaron & Sean Schoenke, the co-creators of the massively successful YouTube sensation Super Power Beat Down – will feature Ninjak’s brutal live-action debut as he goes head-to-head with a top-secret roster of Valiant’s most iconic heroes for a bloodstained battle royale.

Additionally, Valiant can now confirm two new additions to the project’s star-studded cast in actor Kevin Porter (Dodgeball) and actress/model Ciera Foster (Straight Outta Compton). Porter and Foster join lead actor Michael Rowe (CW’s Arrow, The Flash) alongside a prestigious and rapidly growing cast that also includes Jason David Frank (Power Rangers), John Morrison (WWE, El Rey’s Lucha Underground), Derek Theler (ABC's Baby Daddy), and Chantelle Barry (90210, Entourage).

“We've been quietly working behind the scenes on this series since 2015 and are incredibly excited to be debuting the first look at footage this year at New York Comic Con. We've set out to make the best and most ambitious series ever produced in the digital space – one that will live up to the high standards we've set in publishing," said Valiant CEO & Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani.

"As Valiant gears up for an upcoming slate of film, television and video game releases, we felt the timing was right to begin to produce live-action digital content that would both give ours fans an experience truly worthy of the Valiant Universe, while also introducing new fans to the Valiant characters in the same way the animated television shows of the 1980s and 1990s did for comics in years past. Get ready to lose your mind – seeing Ninjak in action for the first time in nothing short of incredible.”

First Official Look At ARROW's Michael Rowe As Valiant Comics' Live-Action NINJAK

Kinda looks like a mix between the Mortal Kombat ninjas and Raiden from Metal Gear.

Update: September 30, 2016

Valiant Comics CEO Teases X-O-MANOWAR Movie and Directors

cQlvDga.jpg

Valiant Entertainment CEO Dinesh Shamdasani discusses the upcoming #50 Milestone issue of X-O Manowar, also commenting on other transmedia plans for the character, including video game and film adaptations.

"We've got big plans for X-O Manowar, not just in comics but throughout the media forms. Now we're a comic publisher - don't get me wrong, we only want to be a comic publisher and we will always be a comic publisher. That's where our core is. But the nature of the beast now is that these other avenues are there for us to touch more people and bring them into comics."

"So we have a bunch of big video game news that I can't tell you about. We've got some live-action content that I can't tell you about and we've got movies that I can't tell you about. But I can say that I wish the directors on X-O ManoWar would leak so that I can talk about them. Because not only are they mind-blowingly awesome, the things they're doing with X-O Manowar will make fanboys' heads explode. It's really cool stuff but I can't say anymore than that."

Valiant Comics CEO Dinesh Shamdasani Teases X-O Manowar Film Directors

Update: September 30, 2016

First Look at Jason David Frank as BLOODSHOT for Valiant Digital Series

bloodshot-925a3348-bm01-bigger-202932.jpeg

Ever since Valiant Entertainment first mentioned that they were producing a top secret series with Bat in the Sun, fans have been eager to see what a Jason David Frank (Power Rangers) as Bloodshot would end up looking like.

Now fans have their answer, as they've released a first look at their version of the character, and it's awfully impressive. The image is the special variant edition of Bloodshot #14, and the Top-Secret Project Jason David Frank Variant will be free at his signing session on Friday, October 7th.

Frank wrote on Instagram: "It's official I am bloodshot! Valiant and Bat in the Sun top secret Project! These are part of New York Comic Con's free autographed exclusive collectible item. See you all at Valiant's Booth Friday, Saturday and Sunday with a new Bloodshot item each day at NYCC"

First Look at Jason David Frank as Bloodshot

I sadly feel like DC may be opening a pit for these movies to fall into, by trying so blatantly to follow the movie-verse idea Marvel laid out. It could feel redundant by the time this hits theatres. But this is definitely sounding better with every announcement. Fingers crossed.

If Valiant is successful with their movies do you
think other comic companies will make their own?

Back