Valiant Entertainment (Paramount Picks Up HARBINGER from Sony)

Premise reminds me more of The Ghost Whisperer.

Yeah, more like Ghost Whisperer and Ghost Hunters combined. Dr Mirage is one of Valiant's better characters. Hopefully they can introduce Master Darque and Sandria Darque.

Wow, Solar and Bloodshot. Takes me back to childhood.

The problem with Valiant comics is that if you didn't follow them from the first, they were impossible to follow.

Tbf Harada is like Prof X but a bad guy, powerful as shit and with an army of lesser telepaths too but with less altruistic goals. He took out a whole naval armada in a blink.

20633.jpg

20634.jpg

20635.jpg

20636.jpg

20638.jpg

Yeah Divinity is like a Dr Manhattan, but less interested in the world at large

Interesting, I really like Valiant characters and the more grounded nature of their universe, its not like Marvel/DC with 100 guys running around in spandex and universe shaping powers.

I just checked out Divinity, interesting character for sure. Didn't expect a Black Russian astronaut with godlike powers, can't say Valiant isn't original, cool stuff. I like his one costume that looks like an astronaut suit, its things like this I appreciate about Valiant, they make it more realistic and tied into our world.

I'm guessing guys like Harada are a notch below Divinity, also heard X-O Manowar was powerful enough to take on Harada and Unity as well. But he doesn't actually have any powers, its all the suit. How would those 2 rank in terms of power level compared to Divinity? I'm guessing Divinity is on another level.

Its going to take a while but I think Valiant is going to do big things in the future, imo they have way better universe, characters and stories than Image Comics. One day Marvel/DC will decline and Valiant may be the next big thing. Which is good, we need new stories and characters and universes.

Last edited:
Cool I enjoyed the first Dr Mirage series. Hoping they do good with the show. If the can make it feel similar to the art used it won't feel like just another show.

Update: March 5, 2017

Valiant's BLOODSHOT Movie Reportedly Gets a Director

1mZIA5t.png

During Valiant’s panel at Emerald City Comic Con, screenwriter Eric Heisserer and Dinesha Shamdasani said Bloodshot has tapped a director. Dave Wilson is reportedly set to make his feature-length directorial debut with Bloodshot.

As the head of Valiant Entertainment, Shamdasani stressed a release date for Bloodshot would be in flux until further progress was made on the film. If things go as planned, the executive said a more concrete date could be announced as soon as this summer.

As a visual effects visionary, Wilson has worked on films like Avengers: Age of Ultron with Blur Studios. The artist has since started to explore directing in the video game industry as Wilson has helmed several promotional trailers. Games like BioShock Infinite, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Mass Effect 2 have all been touched by his work. And, most recently, the visual effects overseers worked with director Tim Miller to help bring Deadpool to life for the mutant’s solo film.

Emerald City Comic Con: Valiant's Bloodshot Film Reportedly Lands A Director

Update: March 5, 2017

Valiant's BLOODSHOT Movie Reportedly Gets a Director

Bloodshot-Valiant-030517-Dragonlord.png

During Valiant’s panel at Emerald City Comic Con, screenwriter Eric Heisserer and Dinesha Shamdasani said Bloodshot has tapped a director. Dave Wilson is reportedly set to make his feature-length directorial debut with Bloodshot.

As the head of Valiant Entertainment, Shamdasani stressed a release date for Bloodshot would be in flux until further progress was made on the film. If things go as planned, the executive said a more concrete date could be announced as soon as this summer.

As a visual effects visionary, Wilson has worked on films like Avengers: Age of Ultron with Blur Studios. The artist has since started to explore directing in the video game industry as Wilson has helmed several promotional trailers. Games like BioShock Infinite, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Mass Effect 2 have all been touched by his work. And, most recently, the visual effects overseers worked with director Tim Miller to help bring Deadpool to life for the mutant’s solo film.

Emerald City Comic Con: Valiant's Bloodshot Film Reportedly Lands A Director

Seriously why it has to take so long to get people together? It seems that portion is longer than the filming.

Update: March 14, 2017

Russo Brothers to Develop QUANTUM AND WOODY TV Series After INFINITY WAR

DNbjdEY.jpg

The Russo Brothers have lined up their next big project after wrapping Avengers: Infinity War: they’ll get back to their TV roots with another comic-book adaptation, Quantum and Woody, people close to the project told TheWrap.

The team behind Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War will develop Quantum and Woody, about the world’s worst super-duo, with Valiant Entertainment. Anthony and Joe Russo will be executive producers alongside Mike Larocca and Valiant’s Dinesh Shamdasani.

Ant-Man veterans Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari will also serve as executive producers, in addition to scripting the pilot. The duo are currently scripting the upcoming Ant-Man and The Wasp for Marvel Studios.

Originally created by the writer/artist team of Christopher Priest (Black Panther) & MD Bright (Green Lantern), Quantum and Woody is one of the most acclaimed comic book series of the past two decades. The series’ most recent volume, launched in 2013, was the most-nominated series of the following year’s prestigious Harvey Awards.

Quantum and Woody are bickering, interracial, adopted brothers accidentally granted superpowers in a laboratory explosion while investigating the death of their father.

The Emmy-winning Russo Brothers worked on Arrested Development and Community before taking their talents to the Marvel Universe. The Avengers: Infinity War and its sequel are shooting now and are expected to wrap later this year.

Russo Bros to Produce ‘Quantum and Woody’ TV Series After ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ (Exclusive)

Update: March 14, 2017

Russo Brothers to Develop QUANTUM AND WOODY TV Series After INFINITY WAR

Russo-Brothers-Quantum-and-Woody-2-Dragonlord.jpg

The Russo Brothers have lined up their next big project after wrapping Avengers: Infinity War: they’ll get back to their TV roots with another comic-book adaptation, Quantum and Woody, people close to the project told TheWrap.

The team behind Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War will develop Quantum and Woody, about the world’s worst super-duo, with Valiant Entertainment. Anthony and Joe Russo will be executive producers alongside Mike Larocca and Valiant’s Dinesh Shamdasani.

Ant-Man veterans Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari will also serve as executive producers, in addition to scripting the pilot. The duo are currently scripting the upcoming Ant-Man and The Wasp for Marvel Studios.

Originally created by the writer/artist team of Christopher Priest (Black Panther) & MD Bright (Green Lantern), Quantum and Woody is one of the most acclaimed comic book series of the past two decades. The series’ most recent volume, launched in 2013, was the most-nominated series of the following year’s prestigious Harvey Awards.

Quantum and Woody are bickering, interracial, adopted brothers accidentally granted superpowers in a laboratory explosion while investigating the death of their father.

The Emmy-winning Russo Brothers worked on Arrested Development and Community before taking their talents to the Marvel Universe. The Avengers: Infinity War and its sequel are shooting now and are expected to wrap later this year.

Russo Bros to Produce ‘Quantum and Woody’ TV Series After ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ (Exclusive)

I LOVE Quantum and Woody!

Huge fan of the original and the recent reboot. Really hope that they use Christopher Priest in some role in the production.

Sounds fun. I'll have to do some research.

I wish someone would do Dynamo 5.

I would also take a new Bionic 6.

Sounds fun. I'll have to do some research.

I wish someone would do Dynamo 5.

I would also take a new Bionic 6.
Bionic 6 was the jam back in the day.

This sounds interesting, although I too have never heard of Quantum and Woody for some reason. Need to get my ass back in a comic shop one of these days...

I think Quantum and Woody would be awesome as an animated series, not so much a live action show. I could definitely see it on Adult Swim.

Update: March 24, 2017

Valiant's ARCHER & ARMSTRONG Gets ZOMBIELAND Director Ruben Fleischer

IUvzkmu.jpg

Valiant Entertainment, the independent comic publisher behind Harbinger, Bloodshot and X-O Manowar, is continuing its move into movie production. Heat Vision has learned that the big screen version of action-comedy comic book Archer & Armstrong has found its writer and director.

The adaptation is quickly moving forward with Zombieland's Ruben Fleischer on board to direct, according to sources close to the project. Terry Rossio is attached as a writer. Rossio is known for work on the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and was recently named the leader of Legendary's MonsterVerse writers room. Joining Fleischer as producers on the project are Jason Brown, The Mummy's Sean Daniel and Valiant CEO and CCO Dinesh Shamdasani.

The project is being developed in-house before being shopped to studios.

Archer & Armstrong first appeared in a series of the same name in 1992, created by former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter, Wolverine: Weapon X writer/artist Barry Windsor-Smith and fan-favorite creator Bob Layton. The series centers around the unlikely friendship between Armstrong, an immortal warrior who has become a drunken self-styled philosopher throughout the centuries, and Archer, a teenage prodigy who has been trained since childhood to murder him.

News of Rossio and Fleischer's involvement in the project, which is separate from the five-picture deal Valiant has with Sony, follows the announcement of Dave Wilson — creative partner of Deadpool director Tim Miller — as director of the company's Bloodshot at Sony, working from a screenplay by Arrival's Eric Heisserer.

Additionally, Valiant is developing another buddy comedy project, Quantum & Woody, for television with Joe and Anthony Russo as executive producers. (Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari, currently working on Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp, will script the pilot.)

'Zombieland' Director Ruben Fleischer to Tackle Action-Comedy 'Archer & Armstrong' for Valiant (Exclusive)

Update: May 17, 2017

Oscar Isaac, James McAvoy, Mark Wahlberg and More on Sony's Wishlist for BLOODSHOT Actor

AEYs6Ru.png

Sony has assembled a wish list for actors to lead the comic-book movie Bloodshot that includes Oscar Isaac, James McAvoy, Jake Gyllenhaal, Nicholas Hoult, and Mark Wahlberg, an insider familiar with the search told TheWrap exclusively.

Sony is gearing up to make an offer for the lead on the comic-book series from Valiant Entertainment, and has a shortlist of eight actors, said the insider, who shared five of the names with TheWrap. The fact that the actors are on the wish list doesn’t necessarily mean Sony is in talks with them.

Valiant’s 2012 Bloodshot series is about a man brought back from the dead and infused with nanotechnology that turns him into a killing machine. Created by Kevin VanHook, Don Perlin, and Bob Layton in 1992, The character has helped Valiant sell more than 7 million copies in multiple languages worldwide.

Bloodshot will be produced by Fast & The Furious franchise producer Neal Moritz, Toby Jaffe and Valiant’s Dinesh Shamdasani, and directed by director Dave Wilson (Deadpool director Tim Miller’s partner at Blur Studios). The script is by “Arrival” screenwriter and Oscar nominee Eric Heisserer.

Bloodshot is slated to be the first in a series of shared universe Valiant films at Sony Pictures and will be followed by Harbinger — about Valiant’s team of superpowered teenagers on the run — which will also written by Heisserer.

Insider: Oscar Isaac, James McAvoy, Jake Gyllenhaal, Nicholas Hoult, Mark Wahlberg on Sony’s Wish List for ‘Bloodshot’ (Exclusive)

Update: June 13, 2017

Reginald Hudlin to Direct Valiant's SHADOWMAN with Adam Simon to Rewrite the Script

ef6cgyw.jpg

Independent comic book company Valiant Entertainment is continuing its march toward the big screen, with Heat Vision learning that the adaptation of its Shadowman series has brought on new creative team to redevelop the property.

Adam Simon, showrunner for WGN America's Salem, will rewrite a screenplay by J. Michael Straczynski based on the supernatural comic book property, sources familiar with the project revealed. Reginald Hudlin, fresh off his directorial return with this October's Thurgood Marshall thriller Marshall, is attached to direct.

Shadowman is a supernatural concept based around an African-American musician in New Orleans who becomes infected by a spirit that allows him otherworldly abilities. As the latest incarnation of the titular Shadowman, a mystical defender of Earth against demonic invasion, he has to protect against threats from Master Darque and other denizens of the netherworld known as the Deadside.

The character debuted in 1992's Shadowman No. 1, and currently appears in the company's current Rapture comic book series, which launched last month.

For the film, Hudlin and Simon will work together on the revised story for the project, while Straczynski remains on board as executive producer. The Sean Daniel Company's Sean Daniel and Jason Brown will produce with Valiant Entertainment's Dinesh Shamdasani. As with Valiant's Archer & Armstrong, the project will be developed in-house before being shopped to studios.

Although this will be Hudlin's first cinematic superhero project, he has a significant body of work in superhero comics, including a four-year run on Marvel's Black Panther, and his current work reviving the Milestone franchise for DC Entertainment. He also wrote the comic book adaptation of Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, and co-wrote the follow-up, Django/Zorro, with Matt Wagner.

Shadowman is one of many Valiant properties to be developed for the big screen. Sony has a five-picture deal with the company for its Harbinger and Bloodshot characters, with Archer & Armstrong being developed by Terry Rossio and Zombieland's Ruben Fleischer. Quantum & Woody is also under development for television, with Joe and Anthony Russo as executive producers.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ro-movie-shadowman-1012174?utm_source=twitter

This better meanan appearance by him and Warrington as Two Average Street Hustlers! Hooray for wavecaps.

HouseParty_214Pyxurz.jpg

#mylifeasastereotype

Update: July 25, 2017

Jared Leto in Talks to Star in Valiant's BLOODSHOT Movie for Sony Pictures

gIhrylI.jpg

Jared Leto is in talks to star in Sony’s Bloodshot which is based on indie comic book publisher Valiant Entertainment’s IP. The project, which is being produced by Neal Moritz, is being directed by Dave Wilson who is partnered with Deadpool director Tim Miller’s at Blur Studios.

This is the second film from a five-picture deal that was the result of a deal between Beverly Hills/Beijing-based DMG and Valiant. Sony acquired the Bloodshot series from Valiant back in 2012. The first in the series was Harbinger. It could be the beginning of a powerful franchise for both Sony and Leto.

Leto will see if a deal can be worked out to star as Bloodshot’s protagonist is Angelo Mortalli, a ruthless killer for the mob who is set up by the family and framed for a murder. He instead goes into Witness Protection, but is betrayed by an FBI agent guarding him, kidnapped and forcibly subjected to an experimental program in which his body is injected with microscopic computers called nanites. They erase his brain and rebuild it and his body to be a weapon with superhuman strength and healing powers. The character was created by Kevin Van Hook, Don Perlin, and Bob Layton in 1992.

The film will be produced by Moritz and Toby Jaffe through the Original Films banner and by Valiant’s Dinesh Shamdasani with Matthew Vaughn and Jason Kothari on as executive producers.

Sequels are planned for both Harbinger and Bloodshot before the title characters meet in Harbinger Wars, which is based on Valiant’s 2013 comic book crossover.

Jared Leto In Talks For Valiant's ‘Bloodshot’ At Sony with Dave Wilson to Direct (Exclusive)

Back