Valentijn Overeem, 66 fights 32 wins 34 losses all but 3 ended in the 1st

Valentijn and Overeem used to be seen as kinda evenly skilled, but Valentijn did not have the discipline as far as training, food and sleep go.

So now we have him almost being forgotten and Alistair being one of the most famous MMA stars.
I think Valentijn is one of the main reasons that explain Allistair´s smooth transition to MMA, in his very 1st MMA fights Allistair was already prepared and looking for the groundgame, quickly clinching to get the TD and work for a sub more than anything else.

want a crazy record?

Shannon The (glass) Cannon

Vernon “The Tiger” White....32 wins 65 losses or something
yeah, but Tiger was better than his overall record...

he was a pure striker (TKD), and thanx to his experience in Pancrase, learnt about the ground game,
had many losses, but let´s not get obsessed with this, Im more interested in his evolution
as a more complete MMA dude, as u could see in his defensive grappling effort against Saku GOAT.

Awwwwww, someone got their feelings hurt, it's ok, tomorrow is a new day that might not be as shitty as today is for you champ.

Lighten up, jeeez

Shut your bitch mouth.

You already soiled Cory Simpson's good name, don't put my name in your garbage heap I would imagine is normally filled with dicks, but also words come out of sometimes too.

Shut your bitch mouth.

You already soiled Cory Simpson's good name, don't put my name in your garbage heap I would imagine is normally filled with dicks, but also words come out of sometimes too.

Aaaaahhhhhh I understand now.

Cory Simpson made some sweet love to you, never called you back, and you are holding out hope that he'll come back one day and finish what he started, hence why you wouldn't dare say a negative thing about him, while white-knighting him at every turn.

Whatever floats your boat you silly silly man

why would you keep fight that long
giphy.gif

I can't believe he beat Couture

Pretty early in his career... Differnt time as well, as far as training knowledge.. I don’t think we have to argue over who ended up the more skilled fighter / better career...

just looked over his record and it seems than one of his fights went to the decision, against mikko rupponen, it was after a single round fight of 15 minutes, so i guess you could still say it ended in the first, still crazy tough

Pretty early in his career... Differnt time as well, as far as training knowledge.. I don’t think we have to argue over who ended up the more skilled fighter / better career...
Couture had a better career, more opportunities, but Skillset is a matter of perspective though.

yeah, but Tiger was better than his overall record...

he was a pure striker (TKD), and thanx to his experience in Pancrase, learnt about the ground game,
had many losses, but let´s not get obsessed with this, Im more interested in his evolution
as a more complete MMA dude, as u could see in his defensive grappling effort against Saku GOAT.
I am all about the old school guys but Vernon could have been better but he trained with Can Shamrock.

Before this fight with Liddell someone asked him about Chucks power and Vernon said something to the effect of “I get hit by Ken Shamrock in training so I am not worried about Chuck’s power”....

That’s when I knew Vernon was gonna be KTFO.

Last edited:
What about gilbert yvel, hasnt he got some crazy finish stats including finishing refs lol

I am all about the old school guys but Vernon could have been better but he trained with Can Shamrock.

Before this fight with Liddell someone asked him about Chucks power and Vernon said something to the effect of “I get hit by Ken Shamrock in training so I am not worried about Chuck’s power”....

That’s when I knew Vernon was gonna be by KTFO.
Without Lion´s Den & Pancrase, Tiger wouldnt have transitioned into a more modern MMA fighter, that quickly at least.

Last edited:
Back