Vacate the belt. Set up a 8 man tournament to crown the new champ.

8 man tournament nowadays would take like 3 years

I'd love a tournament like that spread over 6-9 months.

It won't happen, they are just going to give the belt to DC since the fight will be changed to an NC.

The issues with a tourney for the belt is due to pullouts this may take more then a year to complete and an altenate will probably win the finals after DC pulls put of the finals.

It's not UFC, it's althletic commissions. Can have anyone dying can we?

Bellator has had some. I took this to mean 3 sets of matches, (quarters, sermis, finals) each held 3 to 4 months apart.

make it a one night tournament.

Cause one night tournaments are fucking awesome and solve all of the world's problems.

They are the best thing ever, I agree. But even a multi event one is big. Remember how excited everyone got about the Strikeforce tournament?

That be nice, but DC should have never lost the belt to begin with.

Shitty situation, but DC shouldn't be screwed out of his belt after all of this.
While true technically, you can't just erase the memory of him being KO'ed from everybody's minds like Men in Black.

DC deserves a chance to remind people he is still the top dog and not just a crying meme.

The issues with a tourney for the belt is due to pullouts this may take more then a year to complete and an altenate will probably win the finals after DC pulls put of the finals.
Just giving DC the belt back(and he does technically deserves it) would be a joke after seeing him just get totally wrecked.

Even tho Jones popped, the image of him smashing DC and the crying afterwards is embedded in people's mind.

Beat case scenario, someone new emerges from a tournament.

While true technically, you can't just erase the memory of him being KO'ed from everybody's minds like Men in Black.

DC deserves a chance to remind people he is still the top dog and not just a crying meme.
Man you beat me to it.....I posted the same thing right after.

Cmon man he's a lay and pray wrestler and he's not even great at that
He's not a prospect
I disagree. He beat up Jan Blachowicz pretty badly, wrecked Sean O'Connel, stood and banged with Villante...
He can be boring but he isn't a bad fighter

Hate to break it to you but DC already won that tournament bro.
<36>

DC and Gus are the only ones that matter regarding the 205 title right now. I like Volkan but he can wait. The other guys are irrelevant

yeah because tournies always work out great and nobody gets injured ...

There's a reason Bellator scrapped that model.

Seed the remaining guys 1 thru 8 and let them scrap.

Here is how they should be seeded.

1. DC vs 8. Misha C.

2. Gus vs 7.OSP

3. Volkan vs 6. Shogun

4. Glover vs 5. Jimi M.

Let's see who emerges. Maybe Shogun can get on a roll(not likely).

Gus would be the favorite but maybe Volkan can continue shocking people.

Better than just giving it back to DC.

Jon%2BJones%2BTrip%2BTake%2BDowns%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif

I seriously agree with this. It would add some fun to an otherwise shitty division.

Back