Utilitarian dining

I will officially be homeless as of November 6th. My wife and dog are leaving me and moving to Sacramento. They're not really leaving me in the dramatic soap-opera sense. They're just relocating... without me. You see my job pays the bills and will continue to do so until my wife finds a job in Sacramento. Then and only then will I be able to leave my job, and southern california, and move north to join them. In the interim, I'll be living with one of my wife's friends. Said friend lived with us for several months a few years ago. She was married to a guy who beat her, so we moved her in with us and I threatened to bury his punk ass in the desert. Now they're divorced and she is happily engaged to a man who treats the way women should be treated. Now she'd like to return the favor, so I'm moving into their guest room. Karma.

It's not ideal to be away from my vagin... wife. It's going to suck being a house guest for an undetermined period of time. I'll be flying or taking the train to Sacramento every-other weekend to visit my titti... wife, and work on our house.

This log will be updated sporadically at best until my supple round aaa... wife finds a job and I get to move north. Until then I'll probably be living off of sandwiches and beer. Ahhh, to be single again.

This is gonna suck.

Sorry, mang. The cupboards are bare. We packed up most of the kitchen last night. I'll still jam out with my ham out on the weekends, but everyday eating is going to be extremely boring for a few months.

Sorry, mang. The cupboards are bare. We packed up most of the kitchen last night. I'll still jam out with my ham out on the weekends, but everyday eating is going to be extremely boring for a few months.

I just cried a little.

You can just tell us drinking stories in the meantime.

Well I did see a kid puke in the bartender's tip jar last weekend. I think he had the tacos. He looked pretty sorry about it, but not as sorry as the bartender.

I died a little inside when I finally got to this page. :(

What about more "Sunday is trying to kill me" stories? It sounds like there must be a bunch of those.

Sunday is trying to kill me.

I've heard people complain of stalkers and I've seen what happens when a stalker goes too far. But what if the stalker has no face; no body at all? What if my stalker is the seventh (or first in some circles) day of the week? How do I run from time? Restraining orders are useless; pepper spray, samurai swords and hand guns have no effect. The following story is anything but fiction, and I assure the reader that I am completely serious when I say as far back as I can remember, Sunday has been trying to kill me.

It was fall of 1978; I was a baby, not even a year old when I had my first run in with Sunday. I was formula fed, which is common enough but one particular formula nearly ended my life. It made me so deathly ill that for several days I vomited on anyone and anything within 100 feet of my screaming, tear-streaked face. The formula in question had been contaminated with chlorine and no one noticed until a few thousand screaming, vomiting infants brought it to their attention. I was rushed to the emergency room on a cool Sunday afternoon where I'm told I tried extremely hard to die but the fine men and women at Truman Medical Center managed to save me. That is, they saved me from a premature death on that particular day; no one has ever been able to save me from Sunday. And so it began.

At age seven, I was racing my best friend down a hill on my brand new bike and I remember the joy I felt when I passed him by. The next thing I remember is lying in the back of an ambulance with my mother crying above me, holding my head in her hands. I learned about concussions and head trauma on that fine Sunday morning. The missing part of the story involves me looking back over my shoulder to see how badly I was beating my much slower friend, and crashing head-on into my grandmother's parked but still ever-so-dangerous Buick. Sunday managed to kill my bike and the grill of my grandmother's Buick but I was still alive. The crash was so violent that it quickly became neighborhood legend, and the ensuing embellishments were comical.

Neighborhood kid 1: "I heard he hit the car face-first and left two small scratches up the hood with his front teeth!"

Neighborhood kid 2: "Well I heard the he hit the car so hard he knocked it out of gear and it rolled backwards into a tree and exploded!"

Neighborhood kid 3: "I heard he died!"

Me: "I'm right here."

Neighborhood kid 3: "Oh...I heard he came back from the dead!"

The winter of that same year, I watched The Christmas Story for the first time. It's a holiday classic and I do my best to watch it every year, even as an adult. The part that bothered me the most as a child was the scene where "Flick" is faced with the dreaded "triple dog dare" and answers the challenge by sticking his tongue to a frozen light pole. My seven-year-old intellect could take no more. Surely it was a hoax. Why on Earth would a tongue stick to a frozen pole? Why indeed. I immediately marched out of my house on a snow covered December Sunday and stuck my tongue to the nearest pole. My mother came running out of the house seconds later with a cup of warm water to quiet my panicked screams for help, or as the case was with my tongue stuck to a pole, "Heeeeelthsss!." I lost a bit of my tongue that day, and for all I know it's still there, on that menacing pole like a monument to stupidity.

At the age of eight, I met Kelly. Kelly played indoor soccer and he was always trying to get me to watch him play. One frigid Sunday evening I agreed and off we went to the arena. It was an awesome sight to behold; uniformed kids everywhere having the time of their lives, dribbling soccer balls and running free. As I watched Kelly warm up with his team, I casually leaned my hand against what I thought was a wall. Moments later, the wall opened briefly as a man passed a sheet of paper to another man. When the door opened, my hand slipped into the hinge-side door jamb. I attempted to retrieve my digits from the gap and partially succeeded before the heavy door snapped shut and latched from the inside. Kelly's father said they could hear me screaming from the parking lot. The end of my pinky finger was caught in the door and with no way to open it from my side, all I could do was scream at or around 422 decibels and bang on the door with my free hand. The few seconds that passed felt like months and when the door finally opened, I yanked my finger out and immediately shook my hand in an attempt to make the pain fall off. What actually fell off was later identified as the end of my pinky finger. Kelly's father scooped me up in his arms, grabbed the largest bit of pinky he could find, rushed me to the bar to get ice for my hand and out the door to the nearest emergency room. Thirteen stitches later, I was reunited with my beloved pinky. Kelly's team lost 3-0. Apparently, when I shook my hand, I showered his entire team with blood and small chunks of pinky flesh. I suppose it's a little hard to concentrate with you're covered in someone else's bits and pieces. Sunday was laughing at me.

When I was 10 I started playing football because soccer was obviously way too dangerous. One extremely hot mid-summer Sunday, my uncle gave me a football. Naturally, I assembled the neighborhood kids for a friendly game. During the game, Eric, a smallish friend with a twisted sense of fair play, decided to take his ball and go home. When I discovered he had taken my ball by mistake, I ran after him. He swore it was his ball and I swore to hold him down and tickle the hell out of him if he didn't give me what I knew to be mine. Eric called my bluff and sprinted for his front door. I nearly caught him at the threshold but he was quick to slam the door; crash! As the door slammed on me and my chance to recover my ball, I reached out to catch it. What I caught instead was a small pane of glass. Eric opened the door in disbelief to survey the damage while I immediately started apologizing but no one was listening to me. They were all staring, eyes wide, at my left arm. When I looked down, I realized why. The broken glass had sliced my arm deep down the underside and a large shard of it was still embedded near my elbow. I sprinted the half block to my house and yelled, "Mom! We need to go see Doctor Frank again!" Stitches aren't so bad when the anesthesia works properly but when it doesn't, it feels not-so-surprisingly like someone is sewing you back together with a needle and thread. The first 40 stitches were a breeze; the last 20 took a team of doctors and nurses holding me down to accomplish. I could feel every single stitch from painful start to agonizing finish. This would be my first bout with my freakish ability to render anesthesia complete useless. Sunday wanted me to suffer and that is exactly what I did.

The first Sunday after my 11th birthday, I found myself on top of a friend's house. My inner angel sat on his rump and watched me accept a $5 bet to run and jump off of said house. $5 could buy a whole lot of ice cream, and ice cream, was a top priority for 11 year olds. I prepared myself mentally for the pain I was about to inflict on myself. I counted to three, ran as fast as I could and leapt off the house and into the yard. I landed perfectly. There wasn't a scratch on me and I was now $5 dollars richer. I raised a middle finger to Sunday and joined my friends back on the roof top. I was floating on a cloud of endorphins and accolades from my friends. I was so pleased with myself that I agreed to jump a second time but now, Sunday was watching so when I landed, I broke my ankle in epic fashion. I was so accustomed to hospitals at this point that I was at ease when they wheeled me into the operating room. I was at ease when they started to give me anesthesia to put me under and set my leg. But I freaked the hell out when the nurse had to cut my favorite blue jeans off to access the leg. Sunday had taken my favorite pants and put me in a cast for months. The hangover-like feeling I had after the surgery was an added bonus. Apparently, when my body can't cancel out anesthesia, it forces me to pay for it by making me deathly ill for 24 hours.

At age 12, my friend Randy and I decided to build a tree house but not just any tree house; we wanted to build the biggest tree house in the world. We had the wood and the motivation but most men love their tools and our fathers were no exception. When our attempts to borrow a saw failed, Randy decided to break the boards with his foot; seemed logical. If that scrawny guy from Karate Kid could do it, why can't we? Randy positioned the board atop two cinder blocks about a foot apart. I stood next to him for moral support. He aimed with his foot and even took a few practice stomps before letting his full weight crash down onto the board. The trick worked, sort of... As the splintered center of the board raced to meet the ground, the left end of the board raced upward to meet my face, not with a friendly handshake and a "How do you do?" but with a loud un-neighborly "crack!" A blow to the head feels like going deaf, blind and dumb. I stood there swaying in the breeze trying to put the pieces of the last few seconds together in my mind. When my hearing finally returned, I heard Randy screaming like a little girl with her hair caught in a ceiling fan. When my vision returned, half of it was dark. I reached for my face with my left hand and felt a large bloody mass near my left eye and nose. I staggered calmly to my house and told my mom it was time to go see Doctor Frank... again. The board had broken my nose and split the skin under my left eye. Doctor Frank set my nose and put 8 stitches under my eye. He also gave me a sucker and when my mother was out of earshot, he asked me if my parents were beating me. I couldn't help but laugh. I assured him that it wasn't my parents... it was Sunday. When I explained that a day of the week was trying to kill me, he sat back in his chair and thought about it for a few moments. Then he ordered a CAT scan to check for a concussion. Sunday was winning the war.

Less than a year later, Randy and I had nearly finished the tree house and had invited a few friends to help us finish the deck on top. Vernon was a fireplug and as such, he was eager to help; too eager. We set up a chain gang of sorts to pass the boards up the tree to Randy. Vernon was flinging boards like a maniac and of course, the one board with the nail in it (I verified it later) was the one he threw when I wasn't looking. The nail caught the back of my right calf and tore a 2 inch gash in it. I looked at Vernon, looked at my leg, and then looked back at Vernon while shaking my head in disbelief and shaking my fist at a random point in the sky. Doctor Frank gave me five stitches and a lecture on why I should spend my Sundays in a padded room. Apparently Doctor Frank moonlighted as a standup comedian.

When I described Vernon as a "fireplug" I meant it. He was an angry kid with a lot of hate festering just beneath the surface. We played football and wrestled together all through high school and chances are if you saw one of us, the other was close behind. Shortly after I turned 16, I got my first car. It was a real hunk of crap but it ran and that's all that counts when you're 16. Vernon, several other friends and I had been bored all morning so we decided to spend the rest of our Sunday at the lake. We all piled into our cars and then... we just sat there waiting in the heat of midday. I'm not even sure what we were waiting for but it felt like forever and I was hot and extremely anxious. So I started honking at the car in front of me; it was Vernon's car. When that got old, I put my car in gear and started tapping his bumper with my bumper. In hindsight, this was stupid because Vernon drove a Ford Pinto. The damn thing could have exploded and killed us all but I digress. After several minutes of this, Vernon shut his car off, got out and slammed his door. Me being the mental midget that I often am, I thought he was joking, so I got out of my car and slammed my door. When Vernon started walking towards me, I realized he wasn't kidding, and I know when Vernon isn't kidding because we used to fight each other for fun. So I popped him with a preemptive right hook to the ear hole. Vernon and I had wrestled together since we could walk, so it quickly turned into a grappling match. When the dust began to settle, we were in a stalemate but as two of our friends were pulling us apart, Vernon let his right foot go with all he had. The foot caught me right in the face. I didn't go out but I saw stars, planets and all sorts of little green men laughing at me. When Vernon saw my face he apologized profusely and drove me straight to the hospital where they stitched up my left eye, which is still dark to this day, and sent me to the dentist to get my teeth repaired. Sunday had crossed the line. Its one thing to try to kill me, I've come to accept that much but it is quite another to possess my friends and have them try to kill me. That's just mean.

Much to my own surprise, I managed to make it through the next several years without incident and graduated from high school in one slightly lumpy and very scarred piece. Graduation was in May, and I was slated to leave for the military at the end of July. I tried to lay low that summer and prepare myself for life in the military but my friends had other ideas. Mike finally bought the trampoline he'd always wanted and threw a party ten days before my departure to basic training. It was a Sunday. I should have known better but I just couldn't help myself. Ten minutes into the trampoline marathon, I rolled my ankle so bad that by the time I lifted my pants to survey the damage, it had already ballooned up to twice it's normal size. It changed colors before my eyes; yellows, blues, dark reds and purples appeared out of thin air. It was so pretty. I spent the next ten days on the couch with my ankle splinted and wrapped in ice. All I wanted to do was serve my country but Sunday had other plans. I managed to limp my way through basic training. Luckily, I had joined the Air Force. Had I joined the Army or Marines, there's no way I could have made it through on one leg.

The Air Force turned out to be less like a military and more like a regular job. This meant that I had plenty of time for recreation. Since I wrestled all through high school, I decided to volunteer as an assistant coach at a local high school. We had a good season and afterward, I was invited to wrestle in an all-ages-welcome freestyle club. Practices were held on Tuesdays and Sundays, and why wouldn't they be? The first Sunday passed without incident. During the second Sunday practice, I shot a bad double leg and paid the price. Without getting too technical, I got pounced on hard by a larger opponent who landed on my right shoulder. It felt like I got stabbed in the shoulder with a dull knife. My doctor later explained that I had a badly damaged rotator cuff. It was 10 months before I could throw a football past my shoe laces. I have never fully recovered from this injury but more on that later.

The first time I snow boarded, I was hooked. I'd never felt so free; just me and the mountain. I had a two day pass at a resort near Lake Tahoe. The conditions were excellent. The first day was rough as I was still learning how to keep my face out of the snow but by the second day, I was keeping up with, and in some cases passing my more practiced friends. I learned the hard way that when snowboarding, you never call, "last run." It's bad luck to tell the mountain you're leaving. I never got the memo, so I called, "last run" and ventured down the mountain at breakneck speed, or break-back speed in my case. I saw the ramp in time to go around but I was having a good day and I had clearly forgotten that it was Sunday. I hit the ramp full on and attempted to perform a trick that didn't yet exist and for good reason. As I flew through the air in a tangled mass of limbs and rented equipment, I realized much too late that I had rotated in a horrible direction. My hypothesis was verified when I hit the hard packed landing area spine-first. Immediately after the impact, I would have sworn my lower back had a roaring bon fire on it but the pain was partially masked by the rage I felt for letting Sunday do it to me again. In a sea of white powder, I saw only red as I forced myself to my feet, collected my equipment and staggered down the hill yelling every profanity I could think of and inventing a few more along the way. The two hour drive to the hospital was excruciating. It felt as if I'd been shot in the lower back with a rabid piranha. X-rays revealed a hairline fracture of the 4th lumbar vertebra but more than that, I had completely annihilated the muscle tissue at the point of impact. Question: What everyday activities involve lower back muscles? Answer: Every single, last one of them. Months went by before I could walk straight, and even as I type this, I can still feel the shadow of that awful injury; it's how Sunday reminds me of its victory.

At the age of 21, I threw a party on a Saturday night and thought I was safe but the wiser readers will realize, just like I did, that the problem with Saturday is that it's immediately followed by Sunday, and any party worth having, will surely spill over into that damned, dark day of torment. Such was the case when a friend of mine named Sean challenged me to a wrestling match in my living room. Sean is a short guy and he's never wrestled a day in his life, so I put him down with relative ease and assumed that would be that; I figured wrong. When I took Sean down, I landed across his body with my abdomen over his face but more to the point, my ribs were over his chin. When the rest of the party decided to dog pile us, the weight drove my ribs straight into Sean's chin and well past the audible and very painful "pop!" made by my rib as it fractured ever so slowly. When the pile dispersed, I was left breathless, clutching my ribs on the floor. I decided that sleep was more important than medical attention, so I had a few friends help me to my room so I could pass out in pain. As I lay on my bed, I glanced over at the clock; it was 12:12am. I went into a rage and began throwing everything I could reach. My girlfriend at the time told me I was crazy and tried to calm me down but she didn't understand; there was a day trying to kill me. I remember trying to explain it to her but it came out exactly like one would probably imagine; I sounded like a damn crazy person. She left me to my ranting and as she exited the room in anger, she looked back at me and said, "You know, you're going to die alone." She slammed the door before I could answer, "And you can bet the farm it'll be on a Sunday!"

When I was honorably discharged from the military, I bought a motorcycle. (If you, the reader, find yourself yelling at your monitor and calling me a moron, I'll understand but please, keep reading; it gets better.) The idea was to save money on gas during my marathon daily commute from my apartment, to work and to school. In total, I averaged 6 hours a day on the road, five days a week. I look back on that time with a scowl and a sore posterior. Prior to my first day of school, I wanted to find out just how long it would take me to get to the campus. So I took a leisurely Sunday ride to college. I remember almost running a yellow light but stopping myself because, after all, it was Sunday. I knew it was Sunday because my mom always calls me on Sunday to remind me it's Sunday... for obvious reasons. So I stopped at the light and waited my turn. The light turned green and I accelerated smoothly around a gradual right hand turn. At the apex of the turn, I saw a maroon Dodge Caravan exiting a parking lot. I made eye contact with the driver just like they teach you in motorcycle school. He looked right at me, waited until I was about to pass him and then pulled out into my lane and stopped. I didn't even have time to hit the brakes. I hit the minivan centerline on the front axle and the momentum sent me flying over the van and clear of the accident. I did one complete revolution and landed with a thud on my back about thirty feet down the road. I laid there for a few seconds before assessing the damage I'd done. I started by moving my toes and legs, then my hands and arms, and then my neck. I didn't feel any serious damage but the damage I did feel was in the immediate vicinity of my 4th lumbar vertebra. "Of course it is!" I screamed inside my helmet. The driver ran over and asked me if I was okay. I don't remember my exact choice of words but I think I told him to go fornicate with himself. When I stood up, I pulled my helmet off and examined it for cracks. There wasn't a scratch on it... but then I saw my bike, and noticed it was a good foot and a half shorter than it ought to be. Seeing my brand new Suzuki lying there hemorrhaging oil and brake fluid pained me and I spiked my pristine, unscratched helmet on the concrete. I didn't have any broken bones but once again, the muscle tissue around my lower back was destroyed. Sunday, the bastard, was toying with me and poking sticks at old wounds. In utter contempt and disregard for my own safety, I immediately bought another motorcycle and proceeded to put 14 thousand miles on it in less than a year and amazingly, without incident.

By the time I was 26, I'd become an excellent snowboarder. I wasn't so much into tricks and big-air jumps but I could really ride. A good friend and I try to make it to the mountain as often as possible, even if that means boarding at night. The problems with boarding at night are; you can't see, obviously, and the snow that has melted during the day begins to freeze in the absence of solar energy. It was the first problem that got me...followed immediately by the second problem. It was around 8pm on a very frigid Sunday and I was going down an iced embankment that leveled out near the bottom, or so I thought. Near the bottom was a two foot drop that I simply did not see. When I tried to make a smooth transition from slope to flat, Sunday whispered in my ear, "You're forgetting Newton's first law of motion, sweet pea." I caught an edge when I dropped those two sneaky feet and when a person catches an edge on a snowboard, the edge acts as a force multiplier so it flicked me into the ground, or in this case, the ice, hard and fast like a cold booger. "Crunch" was the sound my left shoulder made as my A/C (Acromioclavicular) joint became my A/C gap. I had a grade II A/C sprain. The problem with the A/C joint is that if it doesn't heal right, it can cause lasting shoulder pain. And since the A/C joint in question was my A/C joint, I knew that it wouldn't heal correctly. I was right, and Sunday is still a jerk face.

I survived 6 years of football and 4 years of wrestling, not counting freestyle, without a single injury. At the age of 29, my wife convinced me to try soccer. (If you've read this far into my hazardous existence, you already know how I feel about soccer, so I'll spare you the refresher.) As it happens, I'm very not-bad at soccer. I can't handle the ball worth a damn but I turned out to be a hell of a defender. I never had a desire to play goalie. It looked too boring to me. I like to run and I'm fast, so why sit there in a weird shirt and Mickey Mouse gloves trying to look interested? The last game of the season was a wet one but not as wet as it would have been had we played on Saturday like we normally do. There it is; you see what I'm talking about? There's no escaping it. Our game was rescheduled for the following day, Sunday, and naturally, our goalie had previous engagements. So I was bullied into the silly shirt and goofy gloves. This lasted for about three minutes. The largest man I had ever seen on a soccer field was dribbling the ball with his head down, straight at me. I knew how this was going to end. I could see Sunday sitting on the sideline laughing at me; laughing and pointing. He was daring me to make the save, and being the moron I am, I dove head first at the ball and collided with the big man. I made the save but I also separated my A/C joint but lucky me, this time, it was my right shoulder, you know, the one I damaged all those years ago wrestling? The irony here is I was already slated to have surgery on my right shoulder to repair the damage from my wrestling days. I was one week away from an arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and a subacromial decompression. But now, I had to wait for my A/C joint to heal, and of course, it didn't heal right. A month later I had the surgery and instead of a complete success, I got a partial success and a nagging pain that may never, ever go away. Meanwhile, back in hell, Sunday laughs his sadistic butt off.

This last tragic accident is the reason I decided to catalogue the injuries I've collected on all these painful Sundays. The wound is fresh on this one.

It was Saturday night and I was in Long Beach, California drinking with friends. I'd been dominating the foosball table all night. I'd won six games in a row and I'd even beaten a team of two single-handedly. "You can't contain me!" I yelled but I was wrong. When my friends and I left the bar, we did so on our bikes (BMX type, not mountain or road bikes). We rode straight to Denny's which is where drunken idiots go at 2am. In case you didn't catch that, it's Sunday now. When we arrived at Denny's, the manager wouldn't let us bring our bikes in, so we agreed to take them two blocks to my friends house and return on foot. All I wanted was a greasy pile of Moons over Myhammy but I wasn't going to get it; not tonight. As we raced off into the darkness, we all split up, each of us thinking we knew a quicker route. My route involved cutting through a parking lot. What it did not involve was the thick, low-hung chain stretched across the entrance to the parking lot. I never saw it coming and I don't remember the impact but I vaguely remember waking up to my friends shouting my name and telling me to wrap my shirt around my head to stop the bleeding. I didn't really regain consciousness until I arrived at the hospital. The first audible sound I can remember is a wide eyed doctor explaining the pros and cons of stitches versus staples. I've had stitches plenty of times so I asked for stitches. Sewing is a peaceful act. Stapling is rather violent and the idea of having a staple gun pointed at my head on a Sunday made me very uneasy, to say the least. It took ten stitches to close the gash in my head but the anesthetic wore off after the second. I didn't bother telling the doctor. I just let him continue and pretended not feel a thing. It took another ten minutes to sit through the doctor's lecture on the importance of wearing a helmet. I considered explaining my situation; that a helmet would have only angered Sunday and made the attempt on my life so much more severe. I thought about it but then I reflected back to the times I had tried to explain it in the past and I kept my mouth shut. The first thing I did when I got home was look up "parts of the brain and their functions" online. Sunday is a cruel villain indeed. The point of impact, or rather the brain matter beneath the point of impact, is responsible for numbers and their relationships. Not such a bad part to lose when you consider the alternatives but I'm an engineering major, and I need every ounce of brain power I have for the math required to graduate. I grabbed a notebook and quickly raced through a calculus problem to see if I'd done any permanent damage; for once, luck appeared to be on my side, if you can call ten stitches and a swollen head "lucky".

As I sit here with a large scab on the side of my head, I can't help but wonder what lies in wait for me, just on the other side of Saturday. At the age of 31, I have two bad shoulders, chronic back pain, arthritis in my ankle and a multitude of other aches and pains I attribute to collateral damage; to say nothing of the all the scar tissue I've accumulated. Some say I'm just accident prone but that hardly explains the six remaining days of the week where I am habitually unharmed, and having taken a statistics class, I know for a fact that the probability of all my Sunday encounters is lower than whale feces. Perhaps it's a God telling me to "Get thee to church!" but which one? There are so many faiths to choose from, how could I possibly get it right? I can just imagine walking into a Christian church and being struck down by some other Divine Father figure. Maybe it's Zeus who cursed me. Maybe it's Odin. I hesitate to say "Give me a sign!" because I can only imagine how painful that sign would be. Let this story bare witness when my life comes to a horrific, fiery end. You see, one of these days, Sunday is going to finish the job, and the authorities are going to call it an "accident" but you'll know the truth. You, dear reader, will know who's responsible, and I have but one very humble request; avenge me.

Awesome.

This reads like the story behind the script to a great Will Farrell movie or somesuch.

I see myself more as a young Woody Harrelson.

This morning I had an egg and cheese sammich....

Back in 2000 I spent some time as a professional mover. It's honest work and leaves you with a sense of accomplishment when the sun goes down. I learned a lot while moving other people's belongings.

1) You never know how much shit you have until you try to fit it all nicely and neatly into what you thought would be "plenty of boxes".

Food, water, shelter; the human condition requires no more. All three easily had with money. Poets add love, but lives may be lived without it;

At 11:30 I went to the gym. For the first time ever there was a guy using the C2 rower so I warmed up with some back extentions and some barbell rows from the floor. By the time I was finished, the C2 was vacant so I rowed for 20 minutes.

I hit Chronic Taco on the way back to work. For my money, they're the best tacos this side of the border. They aren't stingy with the meat (Steak, Chicken or pork, non of that ground beef bullshit) and their main condiments are onion, cilantro, lime, guacamole and hot sauce. They also have cheese, and I like cheese but not on my tacos. They have really good tomales too.

I ate two chicken tacos.

Factoid: Weeman of Jackass fame owns a Chronic Taco in Southern California. He can also kick himself in the head. What more do you need to know?

wee-596.jpg

Back