Usyk is a threat to Wilder & AJ fans...

The Heavyweights will be coming to Usyk, most likely not the other way around (it's probably safe to say). The last time that happened he put on a virtuoso performance against the second best Cruiserweight out there, a guy that has legit KO power in both hands. Look at the physical shape he was in against Gassiev, his speed and his sharpness compared to when he was in with Bellew. If some of you guys actually believe he trained as hard for Bellew (a money fight) as he did for the WBSS final against Gassiev then it's time to log off. This should be obvious. Lastly, we'll see how he does at Heavyweight. If Anatoly Lomachenko trains and corners him (the only fight he trained Usyk for to date was Gassiev) then the Heavyweights are going to have their work cut out for them. Calling it now.

Last edited:
You still didn't answer why they didn't just avoid the weight cut and start out as HW. If they were heavyweights their entire careers, no one would have questions or doubts.

Some people have doubts about Crawford moving up, at one time people had doubts about Lomachenko moving up.

Are you saying they had to grow into HW? If so then there should be questions. They could be great, they could be busts all that remains to be seen.

Why are you so angry when people don't agree with you? Why call them casuals and stupid and pathetic for not having the same confidence you have in your favorites? Should someone call you stupid and pathetic for your opinions? No they shouldn't and vice versa.

Cmon... if a boxer can make the drain and compete to win a belt then that’s their ability. The fact that we can all acknowledge Multi Division champs across the board easily applies to Cruiser and Heavy. We don’t have to be Skeptic as to why Loma didn’t perform up to “speed” pun intended starting at 126 to later see a completely different animal. Same goes for Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Canelo...

We all need to cool down and others said, let’s see what Usyk can do at Heavy.

Seeing what P4P boxers consistently achieve moving up I sure as hell will place my chips that Usyk will be even better at Heavyweight. Can he beat a Wilder now? Hells no, AJ maybe... Whyte, Povetkin, Miller, Jennings, yes I think he can...

Styles makes fights. Usyk was trolling Bellew. After the 4th Tony just gave up and the engine from the Ukrainian broke him down badly. He didn’t even full swing that left hook like a Mikey Garcia 1-2. Usyk at Heavy when throwing a haymaker will have full pop imo.

I don't agree. I think he has got very poor defense. I really don't get how anyone could tout his defense at all and act as though his lack of it is not going to be an issue with guys who hit harder. If Bellew could land at will, I'm sure Joshua and Wilder will find him easily enough.
I don't agree at all. Yes, he has been hit before, but very poor defense? That's a huge overstatement. We've seen him move his head plenty, though I will say it looks a little awkward at times because he often puts his earmuffs on when he does it. Not only that, but Wilder's footwork isn't particularly special either, he's going to have a hard time setting himself up to hit Usyk. Also, it's not like Wilder is some lazer sniper. He looks awkward and downright goofy at times. You point out that Usyk struggled against mediocrities like Bellew, but there were times where Wilder was making Szpilka, who is mediocre himself, look like Sweet Pea.

I agree that Joshua is a bad matchup for Usyk, I don't see him winning that one, but while I somewhat favor Wilder, it's far from a given he beats Usyk. Usyk is way too mobile for it to be an easy fight.

I don't agree at all. Yes, he has been hit before, but very poor defense? That's a huge overstatement. We've seen him move his head plenty, though I will say it looks a little awkward at times because he often puts his earmuffs on when he does it. Not only that, but Wilder's footwork isn't particularly special either, he's going to have a hard time setting himself up to hit Usyk. Also, it's not like Wilder is some lazer sniper. He looks awkward and downright goofy at times. You point out that Usyk struggled against mediocrities like Bellew, but there were times where Wilder was making Szpilka, who is mediocre himself, look like Sweet Pea.

I agree that Joshua is a bad matchup for Usyk, I don't see him winning that one, but while I somewhat favor Wilder, it's far from a given he beats Usyk. Usyk is way too mobile for it to be an easy fight.
Wilder is a worse fight for him than Joshua IMO.

nah no way. I think Usyk might be able to beat Wilder. He won't beat Joshua. Joshua's fundamentals are good enough in combination with his size that he'll just beat down Usyk.

If Usyk fights smart and minimizes mistakes, he might be able to beat Wilder by moving to make wilder miss, keep Wilder from planting his feet, and outworking him. It won't be easy but it's possible.

Nah, Usyk gets brutalized by both fighers but imo Joshua's power, combinations, and hand speed would best take advantage of Usyk weakness's. Wilder hurts Usyk bad with the reach and power, but I could see Usyk having some success in a fight between the two.

I just searched some of my posts and found myself saying the exact same things about him over a year ago. Slow starting, commented on it in at least 2 different fights before this. Defense, same thing. He's got flaws that are there in every fight that fans are acting as though they aren't seeing. I see a lot of bandwagoning here, IMO.

They are fresh give them time my tight flesh....

Mr Hearn saying Usyk could fight AJ end of 2019. So key will be who Usyk can have in his first few heavy weight fights I would say Chisora / Povetkin / Parker would all be good tests for him.

It kinda irks me that at this point you're right and I'd rather see an earlier Joshua that would flatline him with sheer uberness. I get where they're going with it but sometimes I feel it's to his detriment.

Cmon... if a boxer can make the drain and compete to win a belt then that’s their ability. The fact that we can all acknowledge Multi Division champs across the board easily applies to Cruiser and Heavy. We don’t have to be Skeptic as to why Loma didn’t perform up to “speed” pun intended starting at 126 to later see a completely different animal. Same goes for Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Canelo...

We all need to cool down and others said, let’s see what Usyk can do at Heavy.

Seeing what P4P boxers consistently achieve moving up I sure as hell will place my chips that Usyk will be even better at Heavyweight. Can he beat a Wilder now? Hells no, AJ maybe... Whyte, Povetkin, Miller, Jennings, yes I think he can...

Styles makes fights. Usyk was trolling Bellew. After the 4th Tony just gave up and the engine from the Ukrainian broke him down badly. He didn’t even full swing that left hook like a Mikey Garcia 1-2. Usyk at Heavy when throwing a haymaker will have full pop imo.
I get where you're coming from. I really do. But I also get where people are coming from with the two guys at the top being absolute monsters.

They could possibly throw him straight at Joshua, maybe even that a good fight for him. AJ HAS been playing it a bit safer as of late and that would not be the strategy id favour him with Usyk. AJ HAS been developing his skills and game plans, but as I just said in the previous post I think the best thing to do with Usyk is get him out of there early. Seemingly Joshua doesn't favour that now.

I think a wilder fight would be an early ko for wilder.. Joshua of past would also do that. Dunno about now though. Depends on his strategy I guess. His diversification imo will hurt him a bit.

nah no way. I think Usyk might be able to beat Wilder. He won't beat Joshua. Joshua's fundamentals are good enough in combination with his size that he'll just beat down Usyk.

If Usyk fights smart and minimizes mistakes, he might be able to beat Wilder by moving to make wilder miss, keep Wilder from planting his feet, and outworking him. It won't be easy but it's possible.
Wilder knocks him out. Again, you saw Bellew land at will. You think a guy with 10 times the power and more skill is going to get beat by a guy moving up in weight?

Honestly, Its pretty obvious that Usyk doesn't have a style suited to moving up in weight. Not sure why everyone is pretending otherwise. He's not slick, his power is good but not special, he takes too many rounds to warm up. Absorbing punches and waiting for guys to tire out is a different story with elite level HWs than it is with guys like Bellew and Briedis.

Does Wilder really have more skill than Bellew?

He'd still land and get a KO, but Usyks problem isn't that the top HWs are so much more skillful than Bellend. It's because they are huge and hit like trucks.

Tbh the HW div looks to be lacking in terms of skill. Ortiz and Fury is about it, maybe pity pat Parker. The rest? Not so much IMO, look like big uncos to me.

Wilder knocks him out. Again, you saw Bellew land at will. You think a guy with 10 times the power and more skill is going to get beat by a guy moving up in weight?

Honestly, Its pretty obvious that Usyk doesn't have a style suited to moving up in weight. Not sure why everyone is pretending otherwise. He's not slick, his power is good but not special, he takes too many rounds to warm up. Absorbing punches and waiting for guys to tire out is a different story with elite level HWs than it is with guys like Bellew and Briedis.
His style reminds me of Calzaghe without the hand problems and with more power, you could say Calzaghe with a bit of Froch.

He'd still land and get a KO, but Usyks problem isn't that the top HWs are so much more skillful than Bellend. It's because they are huge and hit like trucks.

Tbh the HW div looks to be lacking in terms of skill. Ortiz and Fury is about it, maybe pity pat Parker. The rest? Not so much IMO, look like big uncos to me.
you're forgetting Povetkin

Jut put USYK in there with King Kong Ortiz and watch a 40 year old veteran play with him and knock him out and this will answer any questions people have with USYK, because i don't think he can beat King Kong, unless Ortiz gets old overnight, or USYK is better then we thought and then he can fight Wilder or Joshua or Fury, until then most boxing fans see tremendous flaws in his game and he's to easy and predictable to counter and his defense is crap and is easy to attack especially his body also bigger stronger harder punching heavyweights, will hurt and stop him quit quickly, because USYK could get away with getting hit flush against smaller boxers but bigger boxers will walk threw him and trade with him.

Yeah I don't know when Wilder suddenly became skilful lol

Usyk would make Wilder look really clumsy. But Wilder only has to land one bomb on him and it's over.

Usyk outclasses him. Again, you saw Szpilka make Wilder look like a giraffe tripping all over himself. You think he's going to easily beat a much more skilled boxer?

See how easy that argument is to make?

Usyk is slick. Sure, he doesn't do exagerrated head movement, but he moves very well, and his head movement is a lot better than you give it credit for. I agree he's a slow starter and not a big puncher, but Wilder simply doesn't the technical skills of a guy like Briedis. I favor Wilder, but it isn't going to be easy, he lacks the fundamentals and coordination necessary to make htis easy

Usyk outclasses him. Again, you saw Szpilka make Wilder look like a giraffe tripping all over himself. You think he's going to easily beat a much more skilled boxer?

See how easy that argument is to make?

Usyk is slick. Sure, he doesn't do exagerrated head movement, but he moves very well, and his head movement is a lot better than you give it credit for. I agree he's a slow starter and not a big puncher, but Wilder simply doesn't the technical skills of a guy like Briedis. I favor Wilder, but it isn't going to be easy, he lacks the fundamentals and coordination necessary to make htis easy
He is not slick at all. No one that gets hit that easily qualifies as "slick."

Back