Usyk is a threat to Wilder & AJ fans...

GolovkinGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’m noticing that many in the LDBC, that being black American and British fans have been downplaying USYK at an exponential rate. I don’t understand the hate Usyk is getting. Usyk is an entertaining fighter and I enjoy his work rate.

Now that USYK plans to go to Heavyweight, it seems like he might be stealing some shine or limelight from the Wilder vs AJ narrative which in my opinion is good.

They are saying Usyk stand no chance at Heavyweight...

Before I say it's a shit thread what the fuck is LDBC?

Deleted - misread post

Last edited:
He doesn't move his head and honestly seems to take about 5 rounds before he gets going in a fight. I just don't see how thats going to work for him at heavyweight.

I’m noticing that many in the LDBC, that being black American and British fans have been downplaying USYK at an exponential rate. I don’t understand the hate Usyk is getting. Usyk is an entertaining fighter and I enjoy his work rate.

Now that USYK plans to go to Heavyweight, it seems like he might be stealing some shine or limelight from the Wilder vs AJ narrative which in my opinion is good.

They are saying Usyk stand no chance at Heavyweight...
Who is "they"?

He doesn't move his head and honestly seems to take about 5 rounds before he gets going in a fight. I just don't see how thats going to work for him at heavyweight.
One of the heavyweight champs today fights with his hands way down low, throws windmills for punches, has the worst balance in boxing, and nearly got stopped by a journeymen two years ago

Usyk should hold his own

One of the heavyweight champs today fights with his hands way down low, throws windmills for punches, has the worst balance in boxing, and nearly got stopped by a journeymen two years ago

Usyk should hold his own
Well, Like I said, I see him being fine against heavyweight's B list. The elite guys are all going to beat him though.

I don't get what it is with these European/eurasian fighters where fans just think their flaws are irrelevant for some reason. I'm sorry but Bellew was landing his right hand pretty much everytime he stuck it out there. You think thats not going to be an issue vs guy with considerably more talent and power? You think Wilder, Joshua, White etc aren't going to watch tape and see that the guys head is stationary? Wilder will have more trouble landing than Bellew? Please. Usyk is getting his ass handed to him once he fights one of these guys.

Well, Like I said, I see him being fine against heavyweight's B list. The elite guys are all going to beat him though.

I don't get what it is with these European/eurasian fighters where fans just think their flaws are irrelevant for some reason. I'm sorry but Bellew was landing his right hand pretty much everytime he stuck it out there. You think thats not going to be an issue vs guy with considerably more talent and power? You think Wilder, Joshua, White etc aren't going to watch tape and see that the guys head is stationary? Wilder will have more trouble landing than Bellew? Please. Usyk is getting his ass handed to him once he fights one of these guys.
Im just about done trying to explain how Bellew isnt some untalented bum, he too can hold his own at heavyweight.

His defense is his biggest flaw and as I said earlier that Wilder has been succesful, is his defense any better than Usyk?

If he were to fight any of the top 3 in 3 months its very likey he loses, lets wait and see how he transitions into the division

Bellew had a lot of success in the early round stepping in to close the distance and landing decent shots. If a fighter like Povetkin or Whyte steps in an decides he wants to brawl with Usyk then I could see it going bad very quickly for Usyk. That being said Bellew is a better fighter than people give him credit for, and I'm really excited to see what Usyk can do at heavyweight.

He would beat Wilder but stylistically I dont see him beating AJ, Fury, Whyte, or Miller.

Im just about done trying to explain how Bellew isnt some untalented bum, he too can hold his own at heavyweight.
What nonsense. Based on what? Beating a shot David Haye? The only reason people are acting like Bellew was special is because Usyk struggled with him.

Same reason they hated on Wlad.
People hated on Wlad because he was a safety first fighter who took no risks. He made Floyd look like Ray Mancini.

Why do you think people hated Wlad?

What about the weight? It's possible that Usyk performs better without the 200 limit. Body endurance, effectiveness, etc.. plays a big role. Always thought Usyk looks swole for Cruiser

People hated on Wlad because he was a safety first fighter who took no risks. He made Floyd look like Ray Mancini.

Why do you think people hated Wlad?
You're totally right about that, but I always found it weird how many Americans said exactly the same about both brothers, I always felt that Vitali wasn't getting the respect that he deserved from many of the American/anglophone fans.

Give me a reason not to delete this for the race bullshit?

Back