Usyk Bellew biggest cw fight since haye or ever?

tfcfights

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I love cw always wished it got shown more so many great fighters exciting. But we have legit world champ monster vs a star in his country coming off his two biggest fights with Eddie Hearn behind it. Maybe this is proof Usyk can have huge fights as cw king and he can wait on hw jump. With the p4p great going in front of crazy Uk fans and an opponent that is a scrapper. Is this the biggest cw fight in history. Imagine if wbss got shown on hbo showtime how big Usyk would be. There’s plenty more fights but this is most excited I have ever been for the more exciting hw division

I don't see Usyk hanging around at CW regardless of the result of the Bellew fight. He can earn so much more at HW and he has a legit chance of going for a title because he's so goddamn skilled. Holyfield was one of the (if not the) greatest CW's and he went to HW and also David Haye did the same. HW is always going to be an option for CW's when they clean up their own division.

Holfyield/Qawi 1 and 2.

I don't see Usyk hanging around at CW regardless of the result of the Bellew fight. He can earn so much more at HW and he has a legit chance of going for a title because he's so goddamn skilled. Holyfield was one of the (if not the) greatest CW's and he went to HW and also David Haye did the same. HW is always going to be an option for CW's when they clean up their own division.
You don't think Usyk would try to get the instant rematch if he lost?

to OP : I don't think it's the biggest CW fight ever, Bellew isn't that good.

I actually thought Usyk would be at HW by now. Since he turned pro I always looked at him as a HW prospect, and I didn't think he'd stick around long after beating Glowacki. Still, it's been a good decision to clean out the division.

The hype train has got bellew this fight, not ability. He beat a crippled Haye in the first fight and a less mobile and still crippled Haye in the second fight.
Usyk will school him.

I so, so hope.

You don't think Usyk would try to get the instant rematch if he lost?

to OP : I don't think it's the biggest CW fight ever, Bellew isn't that good.
He might but I can't see anyway that Bellew can honestly win. To me his chances of victory are virtually nil. So the rematch to my mind is a moot point. Also Bellew said this is absolutely his last fight before he retires. So that would be a big roadblock to a rematch.

I actually thought Usyk would be at HW by now. Since he turned pro I always looked at him as a HW prospect, and I didn't think he'd stick around long after beating Glowacki. Still, it's been a good decision to clean out the division.
Yeah he could have gone up a while a go but as you say I also think it was a wise choice to take over at CW. He'll be more of a name when he goes to HW, because he'll be the reigning unified CW Champion of the world and not just some decent CW who thinks he can have a go at HW.

Was Bellew fighting at HW for a while? Wasnt Bellew vs Haye at HW?

I thought I saw he weighed in at 198.4 or something so cutting doesn't seem to be a problem. I wouldn't mind if he stuck round and fought the winner of the new tournament if he doesn't want to go yet.

@MadSquabbles500 It's tricky, when Bellew lost to Stevenson at LHW then moved up to CW, Usyk was only a month or so away from his 3rd pro fight. When Bellew won the WBC strap, later that year Usyk won the WBO strap, Bellew defended his title once then fought Haye while Usyk also defended his title once then joined the WBSS tournament which took him into 2018, which is also when Bellew rematched Haye.

I think the Haye fights and the tournament are what really kept them apart until now.

Back