USS Indianapolis wreckage found today

ShoelessRye

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Only 19 men who survived are still alive.

O yeah - the obligatory

(Not sure if this is right forum or not. Not political, but then military stuff usually talked about here. Mods can decide)

That was the best part of the Jaws movie imo.

But neat that they found it. It's really like finding a needle in a haystack.

O yeah - the obligatory

(Not sure if this is right forum or not. Not political, but then military stuff usually talked about here. Mods can decide)

'Anyway.. we delivered the bomb..'

Such a great movie, such a great scene, and such a great character..

'Here's to swimmin with bow legged wimmen'

tumblr_n83qttCRwp1r6sbrao1_500.gif

Last edited:
One of the craziest stories of all time -- both the event and the legal proceedings Cpt McVay faced afterward

Didn't even know they didn't even know where it was. Cool.

It never gets old, that's for sure. Interesting note is that John Milius wrote it and he was also in on the first conceptions of the UFC. He's should be Sherdog's GOAT director when factoring in Conan, Red Dawn, and the .44 Magnum speech from Dirty Harry. :cool:

But neat that they found it. It's really like finding a needle in a haystack.

I dont know. I always liked the guy getting his leg bit off during the 4th of july scene and then theres the finale moment "smile you son of a bitch!"

Is this the ship they named the big car race after??

Just reread a couple books on this subject. In harms way and fatal voyage. Terrible and tragic but a fascinating story.

I always read these two books along with ship of gold in the deep blue sea.

That's fucking awesome that they found it.

O yeah - the obligatory

I liked Norms similar character

It's so good that Pail put in the work to find this.

One of the craziest stories of all time -- both the event and the legal proceedings Cpt McVay faced afterward

Its a shame what the Navy did to Cpt.McVay the man probably has PTSD from the ordeal getting sunburned drench in oil and dehydrated for days and watching his men get eaten by sea monsters and he gets blamed and escape goated.

Didn't even know they didn't even know where it was. Cool.

It never gets old, that's for sure. Interesting note is that John Milius wrote it and he was also in on the first conceptions of the UFC. He's should be Sherdog's GOAT director when factoring in Conan, Red Dawn, and the .44 Magnum speech from Dirty Harry. :cool:

Milius is awesome. The Conan pit fighting scene helped inspire the idea of the UFC.

Check out the Conan the Barbarian commentary sometime. Arnold and Milius were gold together (and also probably drunk)

Its a shame what the Navy did to Cpt.McVay the man probably has PTSD from the ordeal getting sunburned drench in oil and dehydrated for days and watching his men get eaten by sea monsters and he gets blamed and escape goated.

Well he did kill himself, so I think it's definitely safe to say he had severe ptsd

Well he did kill himself, so I think it's definitely safe to say he had severe ptsd
Oh Yeah and its already during the 1960s.

I feel bad for him he tried to ride it out all that time. What happened to them is something I can't fathom

Back