Usman's Hype is mind boggling

He hasn't done anything impressive, IMO. Modern-day UFC fans just cling to anyone who they feel is "mistreated"

Usman doesn't have any notable win and it is actually very common for top fighters to not be interested in fighting dudes ranked below them and who have zero drawing power. The situation sucks for him and he does deserve a step-up in competition, but this whole "everybody is ducking me" thing isn't a testimony to his greatness.
It's not a detractor either.

I don’t get this “he’s absolutely boring and just lays on his opponents” narrative.

He absolutely decimated Strickland and Alves on the feet, to the point where he made it look easy. His standup is constantly improving. Sure, he gets a bit sloppy on occasion like when he fought Moraes, but that’s to be expected.

Usman, hype..? If he's getting hype I ain't seeing it, catching hate seen all kinds of that. Everybody wants endless KO's and break dance fighting to make it exciting, I just wanna see good fighting. 9/10 fights on the streets or in cage hardly end on the feet usually two guys end up rolling on the ground trying to get the better of each other at some point.

Usman style may not be fireworks but it's f*king effective so, effective your favorite WW don't want to fight him. People who b!tch about boring are the same clowns who boo the second a fight hits the ground. It's called the Ultimate Fighting Championships not the Ultimate Knockout Champions. If fight fanz just want stand up 24/7 maybe boxing, kickboxing, tournament karate, taekwondo, is more suited to your needz, if you looking for fights mma/UFC calls for you to fight in all areas.

30 years old; 6 Years pro
7 fights in the UFC against prelim level fighters
Only 2 finishes
Mediocre wrestling heavy style that isn't exciting

And yet people are talking about him like he's the next TJ Dillashaw or something
TJ D. Who the F is he? Face of ufc ?

Emil Meek isn't really "prelim level". He got into the UFC after starching longtime hype job Rousimar Palhares in like a minute and had some hype behind himself.

Usman's a beast.

I dont get the darren till hype. barely beats guys dispite being bigger. refuses to fight the american wrestlers like Usman, who everyone knows ruins europeans and own UFC.

I get usman. He has all the characteristics of a fighter and no one wants to fight him.

Lmao everyone is afraid of him. Thats should tell you. Let me guess. You are a till fan?

Yes he hasn't had huge wins, but it doesn't always take huge wins to see someone's potential.

The guy is incredible strong, has amazing wrestling, good power in his hands, and a developing boxing game, as well as top notch athleticism. He is just a bad matchup for a lot of people, at least on paper, and he has done well so far.

Emil Meek isn't really "prelim level". He got into the UFC after starching longtime hype job Rousimar Palhares in like a minute and had some hype behind himself.

Usman's a beast.

I mean Palhares 1-3-1 in his last 5 fights since he lost to Emil against really weak competition. Palhares has always struggled with good strikers. There's a reason all of Rousimar's losses are usually quick KO's

So yeah I would definitely consider Meek a prelim level guy at this point

My point is resume isn't the only way to measure POTENTIAL in an athlete.

Yes he has a lot to prove, but to put it simply he just looks really good

Khabib hasn't fought any of the top 3 guys at lightweight, so do you consider him a typical top 5 guy? Or do you see he's obviously special, and just hasn't been able to prove himself against the likes of Lee, Conor, Tony.

Again, you're comparing apples to oranges.

Usman isn't even undefeated in the UFC, let alone 25-0.

And in those wins Khabib has at least beaten multiple top 15 guys like Barboza, Johnson, Iaquinta, RDA

I trust resume alot more than the "eye test" because at the end of the day, wins and losses are what matter

Again, you're comparing apples to oranges.

Usman isn't even undefeated in the UFC, let alone 25-0.

And in those wins Khabib has at least beaten multiple top 15 guys like Barboza, Johnson, Iaquinta, RDA

I trust resume alot more than the "eye test" because at the end of the day, wins and losses are what matter

I'm not saying he's Khabib, but Khabib is an example of what I'm saying

You just don't have the balls to make a prediction on someone dude, it's not 100%, resume is 100%

There's a point in every fighters career that you can make arguments against their resume, leaving you unable to comment on anyones talent unless they're in the latter stages of their career as I said.

I'm not saying he's Khabib, but Khabib is an example of what I'm saying

You just don't have the balls to make a prediction on someone dude, it's not 100%, resume is 100%

There's a point in every fighters career that you can make arguments against their resume, leaving you unable to comment on anyones talent unless they're in the latter stages of their career as I said.

I don't make predictions on unproven fighters because I've seen too many hype jobs never amount.

Roger Huerta, Brandon Thatch, Erick Silva, Will Brooks, Hector Lombard, Brandon Vera, Sokodjou, Houston Alexander, Uriah Hall, the list goes on and on

I dont get the darren till hype. barely beats guys dispite being bigger. refuses to fight the american wrestlers like Usman, who everyone knows ruins europeans and own UFC.

I get usman. He has all the characteristics of a fighter and no one wants to fight him.

Till has something Usman doesn't

A top 10 win

I don't make predictions on unproven fighters because I've seen too many hype jobs never amount.

Roger Huerta, Brandon Thatch, Erick Silva, Will Brooks, Hector Lombard, Brandon Vera, Sokodjou, Houston Alexander, Uriah Hall, the list goes on and on

None of those guys were ever that big of a deal except maybe Vera

If you don't want to ever make predictions on anyone because you've been heartbroken too many times fine, but don't go around shitting on all of them saying their resumes suck right at the beginning of their UFC run in the top ten.

Ya'pessimist brah

I mean Palhares 1-3-1 in his last 5 fights since he lost to Emil against really weak competition. Palhares has always struggled with good strikers. There's a reason all of Rousimar's losses are usually quick KO's

So yeah I would definitely consider Meek a prelim level guy at this point
He was on a four fight submission win streak at the time with his most recent win being via kimura over Jake Shields. It was a phenomenal win for the then-unknown Meek, who then won his UFC debut vs veteran Jordan Mein. The dominating loss to Usman probably drops him back to the prelims but he's not just some scrub.

30 years old; 6 Years pro
7 fights in the UFC against prelim level fighters
Only 2 finishes
Mediocre wrestling heavy style that isn't exciting

And yet people are talking about him like he's the next TJ Dillashaw or something

I'm sure he'd love to get some top 10 fights if they weren't avoiding him like the plague.

Then you should acknowledge that a lot of WW fighters are unwilling to risk their resumes against Usman knowing he's a handful. Because top guys are unwilling to showcase so fight fans are left with the eye test to judge Usman, some see it as boring, others as grinding & relentless. If Usman is getting any hype it's deserved just on the fact higher profile WW's are avoiding him..

None of those guys were ever that big of a deal except maybe Vera

If you don't want to ever make predictions on anyone because you've been heartbroken too many times fine, but don't go around shitting on all of them saying their resumes suck right at the beginning of their UFC run in the top ten.

Ya'pessimist brah
The Houston Alexander hype was through the roof. People were fantasizing about him vs prime Rampage lol.

Back