Usman's Hype is mind boggling

He's looked good so far, obviously needs a step up in competition but he's being avoided as a dangerous guy to fight.

Can't argue that he's not that exciting but what he does works so why change it?

I'll tell you why change it

because he came close to getting cut from the roster twice -- the first time was in talks following the TUF final (despite his performance-of-the-night sub of Hayder Hassan) for pretending all words out of his coaching staff for the entire TUF run and Final didn't exist since he incorporates corner calls about as much as he builds shanghai skyskrapers (described by many coaching staff as "un-coachable" during the show's run)

The second time he was on the bubble was at 198 when he was passed over for a newcomer and pulled from his own card

He's improved a bit since, but the guy isn't exactly receptive to learning new things. Zero corner advice followed, ever. He's stuck in his game and that game is not particularly well-rounded or adaptable. Bad investment

- intrigue because he hasn't lost in the ufc
- he easily beat the guy who easily beat colby

His wrestling is legit. In a perfect world Usman/Ponzi would've stayed and the winner would’ve fought the winner of Wonderboy/Till.

Dude's boring as shit. He's jake shields with a mouth

I understand why people say he's boring, but at the same time his KO of Moraes was beautiful. Before he joined the UFC he was a finishing machine, which would appear to be due to easier competition, but still, he has it in him to be a solid fighter.

we'll see. that stylebender adesanya guy with all the hype got kinda exposed on the ground

I just saw a post you made in a thread with people calling him a future WW champ, so maybe you need to actually read some of these posts
You saw one post out of 15. I just reread that thread, everyone else was very level headed and realistic about it. Maybe YOU need to reread it. I mean, you didn't make this whole thread claiming that he had some off the rails hype train because of one guy did you?

He is definitely a top 10 fighter atm, but doubtful he crack into the top 5...I just do not see that happening and hopefully I am right...Usman is a disrespectful jerk through and through....even after a fight when most shit talkers show respect...he still doesnt...fuck im.

Its ridiculous imagine him fighting guys like woodley and lawler who have great tdd and throw bombs. He's not beating guys like that...throw dos anjos in there too actually. He'd beat usman too

Usman is a fucking animal, people on Sherdog aren't convinced of anyone until they are in the latter stages of their legacy.

If you don't get the Usman hype, the Darren Till hype, the Kevin Lee hype, etc.; you just don't have an eye for the sport.

Kevin Lee and Till have beaten top 10 people for fuck sakes.

Lee has beaten multiple top 10 people

colby got better wrestling

Sherdog loves a no name fighter that big name fighters don't really want to fight if they don't have to. When Shogun blatantly ducked Glover you'd have thought Glover just KO'd the entire division around here.

Guy is legit but nothing special. Wonderboy would decision him easily.

i've heard literally noone talk about him like he's the next TJ Dillashaw or something

30 years old; 6 Years pro
7 fights in the UFC against prelim level fighters
Only 2 finishes
Mediocre wrestling heavy style that isn't exciting

And yet people are talking about him like he's the next TJ Dillashaw or something

Simple bro..you cant see it because hes only going 30% t.s.. Soon as a top 10 guy signs youll see 100% usman show up and ull get the hype..the rest of us can just see the other 70%..

Its kinda like the idea of faith..some people can only believe in what they can touch and see..others can go on with much less..

I have faith in Usman to derail the Colby train and have it land in brazil somewhere..

Kevin Lee and Till have beaten top 10 people for fuck sakes.

Lee has beaten multiple top 10 people

My point is resume isn't the only way to measure POTENTIAL in an athlete.

Yes he has a lot to prove, but to put it simply he just looks really good

Khabib hasn't fought any of the top 3 guys at lightweight, so do you consider him a typical top 5 guy? Or do you see he's obviously special, and just hasn't been able to prove himself against the likes of Lee, Conor, Tony.

Entire top 10 is avoiding him

Is it his fault that fighters are ducking him

he's being avoided as a dangerous guy to fight.

WW top 10 avoiding him like the plague.

Usman doesn't have any notable win and it is actually very common for top fighters to not be interested in fighting dudes ranked below them and who have zero drawing power. The situation sucks for him and he does deserve a step-up in competition, but this whole "everybody is ducking me" thing isn't a testimony to his greatness.

Back