Usman is going to be champ no doubt

Underdog bjj jp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dude was only going 30 percent and ragdolling this can ! I think he should go against Carlos condit next , he'l finish him worse then ever and then go for the belt. He'l make Tyrone fight and frustrate him with his wrestling style. Usman is a better version of Ben askren and I think he's the next gsp of WW

giphy.gif

Between Usman and Woodley the future doesn't look too bright in terms of excitement in the WW division..

Only RDA can save us now..

He needs to really focus on his striking, I’m not a big GSP fan but what made him levels ahead is his constant striving to challenge his weaknesses and develop his whole game.

If USMAN focuses heavily on improving his striking, he could be a real problem for the division.

Between Usman and Woodley the future doesn't look too bright in terms of excitement in the WW division..

Only RDA can save us now..

RDA will save us no doubt.

But Woodley don't seem to mention his name at all.
Even if he's a former champ and RDA is probably the biggest fight available for him...

MMA fans need Darren Till to save us from these boring ass top welterweights like Usman, Covington and the P4P most boring fighter in mma Tyron Woodley himself.

He reminds me of Kevin Randleman with an endless gas tank.

You actually enjoy watching him?
What are you? Ghey?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Meek has terrible take down defense, he clearly had no clue about what to do in some positions or how to avoid being in those positions all together. Meek looked like the better striker, I'd like to see how Usman does against a quality wrestler or just a more experienced grappler. Maybe a fight with Maia? I doubt woodley would go down as easy as Meek did haha. Usman has a lot of potential but I think he has some work to do.

He needs to really focus on his striking, I’m not a big GSP fan but what made him levels ahead is his constant striving to challenge his weaknesses and develop his whole game.

If USMAN focuses heavily on improving his striking, he could be a real problem for the division.

This 100%. GSP did work hard to be as good and well rounded as he possibly could, and that included boxing, which everyone now realises is pretty fucking effective in MMA.

GSP even went as far as being trained by Roach, and developed a pretty solid jab by MMA standards.

Dude was only going 30 percent and ragdolling this can ! I think he should go against Carlos condit next , he'l finish him worse then ever and then go for the belt. He'l make Tyrone fight and frustrate him with his wrestling style. Usman is a better version of Ben askren and I think he's the next gsp of WW

There can't be a manager alive that would be ok with Condit taking that fight.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Meek has terrible take down defense, he clearly had no clue about what to do in some positions or how to avoid being in those positions all together. Meek looked like the better striker, I'd like to see how Usman does against a quality wrestler or just a more experienced grappler. Maybe a fight with Maia? I doubt woodley would go down as easy as Meek did haha. Usman has a lot of potential but I think he has some work to do.

Agreed. He'd get battered by Woodley.

If Meek hadn't already had sex recently, Usman would get bolted up his ass

To be fair, this was the least impressive Usman that i've seen in the UFC. In my oppinion Meek showed better wrestling defense than his last opponents in the UFC.
I would rank his wrestling maybe top 3 in the UFC ww division. So i dont think its about Meeks poor wrestling, then all his other opponents also got poor wrestling.

However, it was clear Meek exposed his poor striking. I can see Usman beating most of WW division, but Woodley will be to strong for him.

Back