Using the president's name as a pun is apparently racist.

Huh? Who in present day America (since at least the 60's) haven't interacted with minorities? I'm truly curious.

I've seen it first hand when I travelled to small towns, theres areas with nearly 100% white populations, schools with nearly 100% white student bodys. They have probably seen minorities in person but rarely interacted with them unless they traveled to big cities. All their friends and co-workers are white, everyone on their phone contacts is white, all their teachers and the businesses they frequent are white. This is the case in both Canada and parts of the US in the midwest.

I'm not saying they're bad people, its just a numbers game IDK why some people get so offended by it. If I told you that there are asian people in asia who don't know or interact with any non-asian people, then no one would think its an outlandish statement. Now I know the percentages of minorities is higher in the west but there's still areas that are nearly 100% white and the population density in North America is a lot lower, so theres going to large areas of land where the demographics are mostly if not all white.

I've seen it first hand when I travelled to small towns, theres areas with nearly 100% white populations, schools with nearly 100% white student bodys. They have probably seen minorities in person but rarely interacted with them unless they traveled to big cities. All their friends and co-workers are white, everyone on their phone contacts is white, all their teachers and the businesses they frequent are white. This is the case in both Canada and parts of the US in the midwest.

I'm not saying they're bad people, its just a numbers game IDK why some people get so offended by it. If I told you that there are asian people in asia who don't know or interact with any non-asian people, then no one would think its an outlandish statement. Now I know the percentages of minorities is higher in the west but there's still areas that are nearly 100% white and the population density in North America is a lot lower, so theres going to large areas of land where the demographics are mostly if not all white.

Yep. Reminds me of this:

LOL!

This is very true and a great point. And believe it or not, its not just in small towns, even medium sized districts are like this too, even in some big cities. Its an effect of living in a white majority country. There are many whites out there that only know white people, only work with white people, and have never known a minority like a black person, asian, Indian in there whole life. So most of their information comes from media and stereotypes, like they would be surprised if they saw a tall asian person in real life because they only know the stereotype and have never known any minorities. Doesn't mean they're all bad people, they just live in a bubble.

Rarely is the opposite of this is true, as a minority its almost impossible not to interact with white people in some form or another. Every minority has either had white friends or significant others, white co-workers, white teachers, white authority figures, white customer service people, white businesses, or interacted with whites on a daily basis, etc. So most minorities know how to deal with white people on a daily basis and are less likely to put them into narrowly defined boxes and stereotypes because we've seen more a range of personalties in person.

I think theres alot of people on Sherdog that belong to the former, they see minorities sometimes on TV, Youtube or the news but they live in communites comprised almost 100% of white people and have never really known any minorities in their life or interacted with them. So the only information they have about minorities is from media.
I think it's not that uncommon among hispanics. Some live for decades in the USA and can't even speak english.

Yep. Reminds me of this:

LOL!

Yea its just general ignorance for the most part and I"m sure theres a few that know better. Tbh its not even like they're all bad people or anything, they just don't know better. The few times that I was in small towns like this I wasn't really treated badly, just tons of stares, like I mean they will just stare at you for hours and give no fucks about it.

If anything I got some positive attention from a few ladies and the young people seemed curious, it was the older folks and a few of the jock types that looked like they wanted me gone.

Its just a byproduct of living in a white country, minorities interact with whites all the time, we have no choice not to in a 75% white nation. So we see more of a range of personalities, some are assholes, some are really nice, some are outgoing, some are reserved, etc. So we just start to see them as a blank slate, or the default type of human.

I think it's not that uncommon among hispanics. Some live for decades in the USA and can't even speak english.

Agree, tbh I even know some Asian people in big cities that mostly interact with only Asians, but even still its pretty much impossible for them not to interact with whites in some form or another. Hispanics are probably the only minorities in the US that have large populations in rural areas, so I can see why they get isolated like that and don't interact with any non-hispanics.

Asians and Blacks and other non-hispanic minorities mostly live in cities, so again, its nearly impossible for them not to interact with whites and other races on a daily basis.

Yea its just general ignorance for the most part and I"m sure theres a few that know better. Tbh its not even like they're all bad people or anything, they just don't know better. The few times that I was in small towns like this I wasn't really treated badly, just tons of stares, like I mean they will just stare at you for hours and give no fucks about it.

If anything I got some positive attention from a few ladies and the young people seemed curious, it was the older folks and a few of the jock types that looked like they wanted me gone.

Its just a byproduct of living in a white country, minorities interact with whites all the time, we have no choice not to in a 75% white nation. So we see more of a range of personalities, some are assholes, some are really nice, some are outgoing, some are reserved, etc. So we just start to see them as a blank slate, or the default type of human.

Glad to hear it. For some people it's hard to believe that white people - like any race - has good people and bad people; smart people and dumb people; etc. I like to believe that the assholes are the minority of any race - not sure all share that thought, though.

Yeah, that kind of thing isn't spiteful or anything. And the "default type of human" is exactly right. That's what some people feel they are losing (why people get mad hearing "press 1 for English") and what other people want. I think it's actually a very difficult problem, and I sympathize broadly around it (and my preferred solution is to push Americanism harder). But the demagoguery that we saw in Trump's campaign and the dishonesty of people like @IngaVovchanchyn in pretending that the issue doesn't exist doesn't help.

1. Your personal dislike of me is both comical and encouraging.

Comical, because being called a rank partisan by you just makes my day. There are few in the War Room, left or right, so consistently and rigidly partisan as yourself.

Encouraging, because it is a long established pattern that accusations of dishonesty are your reflexive defense mechanism when arguments fail.

2. I get that we are on opposite sides on many issues, but I would have thought you were above such crude race-baiting. Clearly I was wrong.
This is largely why I stopped interacting with Jack. What's the point of having a discussion with someone who is going to constantly impugn your character simply for disagreeing.

Something for you to keep in mind. One of Jack's purposes is to keep rational people like you, from rationalizing with others. Jack is here to waste your time, nothing more.

Your time would be better spent rationalizing with those who wish to be rational. Don't waste your precious time on this earth trying to give the red pill of truth to those who would spit it out and call it poison.

Jack is a time wasting fool who will leave no mark on the intellectual history of humanity. You, and others like you have already helped change the world for the better.

-Travel well friend.

This is largely why I stopped interacting with Jack. What's the point of having a discussion with someone who is going to constantly impugn your character simply for disagreeing.

No, I think it was when you didn't have an argument for my point that the "non-aggression principle" was either a logical error or meaningless. You got mad and then have refused to engage rationally though you aren't shy about throwing out constant nasty personal attacks.

they're getting out of hand

the movie Bring it On (filmed at my alma mater fyi) is more racist than this ffs

It's completely inconsequent that the majority of the school happens to be black. Nothing to see here.

This isn't rocket science, and there isn't a long chain. White school is playing a black school, some idiot puts up a sign saying that they're going to "Trump" them, as in "beat" but also as in the president, who ran a campaign based on stirring up white resentment. Get it?

It's a pretty weak assumption and conclusion, actually... Especially as it's not a certain, agreed upon fact that Trump is a racist.

It could just as well be interpreted (and is, by the people of actual intelligence) to the fact that Trump beat the odds and won the election despite most everyone expecting him to lose.

Perry school students don't know what racism is, crying over a sign.

A few years ago, a local school, Monesson, their boys basketball team had an away game. Monesson's b-ball team is predominantly black and biracial. The opposing team was all white, like most of the school district. Some student from there during the game got dressed up in a monkey suit, jumped onto the floor and waved bananas in the Monesson kids' faces. You know what was done about it? Nothing. It even made the news, and that school's Catch Us Next Tuesday of a superintendent basically waved it off, basically said there was nothing to be done.

These bitches complaining about a tongue in cheek sign about the president. Maybe they ned to step back and self reflect.

Perry school students don't know what racism is, crying over a sign.

A few years ago, a local school, Monesson, their boys basketball team had an away game. Monesson's b-ball team is predominantly black and biracial. The opposing team was all white, like most of the school district. Some student from there during the game got dressed up in a monkey suit, jumped onto the floor and waved bananas in the Monesson kids' faces. You know what was done about it? Nothing. It even made the news, and that school's Catch Us Next Tuesday of a superintendent basically waved it off, basically said there was nothing to be done.

These bitches complaining about a tongue in cheek sign about the president. Maybe they ned to step back and self reflect.

Now THAT I would accept as racist - holy shit lol

Well yeah it's tongue in cheek obviously. Whether it is funny or not is up to the beholder.

Sure anything can be misconstrued, especially during a witch hunt. You'd have to be living in a climate of fear though to assume it would be stretched so far and act according that assumption though.

Exactly this. It's bonkers. And to think I almost said bananas.

It's this witch hunt mentality that is a hair away from no communication at all and violence only. It's beyond ridiculous.

It's only 64% white.

White genocide is real!!

They should all go over to perry, take their belts off and just go to town on them. That's the only way to deal with that kind of childish, dishonest delusional behavior.

That made me laugh quite hard haha.

... says the guy who doesn't see any difference between love trumps hate and "Trump black school."

<36>

You don't even try. All you got is black + Trump = racist regardless of anything. Some how the play on words "Love Trumps Hate" is different than "Trump Pence" because black.

You don't even try. All you got is black + Trump = racist regardless of anything. Some how the play on words "Love Trumps Hate" is different than "Trump Pence" because black.

I explained it already more than once. You're willfully ignoring it.

It's also interesting that it's the posters who show the most racial resentment who seem the least able to acknowledge the existence of racial resentment here.

I explained it already more than once. You're willfully ignoring it.

It's also interesting that it's the posters who show the most racial resentment who seem the least able to acknowledge the existence of racial resentment here.

You weren't asked to explain it, I asked you to form the same pun but not make it racist to mean the same "Beat [school]" football slogan. You didn't even try.

I doubt you know anything about my posting history, let enough to imply I'm (to take giant leaps like you) a white nationalist (or actually realistic) racially ignorant.

Back