Using a Shell or Crab Type Defense in MMA / KB

First, Bay Area couldn't argue so he put up a video. Cute.
And Cody Mckenzie is an example of standard MMA stance? Really?

I actually could argue, but I raised the white flag because people in this thread are so dead set in their ways that it won't matter. In other words, Im done with this thread.

I actually could argue, but I raised the white flag because people in this thread are so dead set in their ways that it won't matter. In other words, Im done with this thread.

so what youre saying is that a crab stance could work? :eek:

First, Bay Area couldn't argue so he put up a video. Cute.
And Cody Mckenzie is an example of standard MMA stance? Really?

beating-a-dead-horse-horse-demotivational-poster-1267844749.jpg

Doesn't that make you equally set in your ways?

How do you think I feel, when I am both equally annoyed at 'omg that doesn't look like a GSP stance so it won't work regardless of its massive advantages' and 'everyone gets kicked in the face so you shouldn't worry about using a stance that makes it twenty times more likely!'

well you guys can try to innovate all you want, Im just gonna keep using my Petro stance since it works for me, with my hands high to defend kicks

hey, maybe ya'll discover a gold mine, go ahead test it... maybe ya'll come back to this thread boasting how you beat everyone with the crab, or maybe you'll get tired of getting kicked in the face :p

That's easy.

Number of Crab style MMA champions= zero

Number of Crab style MT champions= zero

Number of Crab style TKD champions= zero

Number of Crab style KK guys= zero

Number of Crab style San Shou champions= zero

Number of Crab style Savate champions= zero

Number of Crab style champions in any punching & kicking art= zero

So in conclusion, the crab style is worthless outside of boxing. The absence of evidence is the evidence of absence. Not one Crab style champion outside of boxing. None whatsoever. Its called survival of the fitest. Like the dodo bird, the Crab in MMA can't survive to pass on its genes.

Without pointing out that you obviously haven't researched those questions, I'll just say that that's a pretty stupid and close-minded way of thinking of things.

Weren't you the one talking about how great the side kick is? How often do we see that one used?

Oh, and:

20121230122947_1MG_0452.JPG

Anderson_Jabs.jpg

If you are gonna run away from the argument again, now would probably be the best time to do it.

You want me to find a JDS fight for you?

The laziness of you people sometimes...

Untitled-2.png

Better? If you have complaints about this one, you could do what I do and, you know... watch the fight.

Crab is a stance. Shoulder rolling is something you can do with it.

And Silva has shoulder rolled things. He's attempting to do it to Okami in the very image that I posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back