USDA Gestapo Confiscates Raw Milk

Guess what, raw milk is illegal because it's dangerous and they decided to cook your milk before selling it to you, because you can't be trusted to do it on your own. Deal with it.

Excellent scientifically unfounded statement. :rolleyes:

(unless you were being sarcastic like asked)

Votes do get people into office. And the vast majority of people don't care about what they are eating. Along as it is cheap (up front).

And campaign/lobbying cash equals votes. The more slanderous tv ads you can buy trashing your opponent.

Well that's definitely true. I guess the trick is getting enough people to care.

I guess the trick is getting enough people to care.

Never going to happen, people are FAR too lazy and dumb now, and it's that way by design. Stay healthy and aware while you still can without expensive pills, and join me in praying for mother nature to bring it all down...

It's not really dangerous. It's only potentially dangerous. Like spinach and restaurant cutlery and anything else that you put in your mouth that hasn't been disinfected.

Come to think of it, it is weird to have raw milk classified as illegal in a country where anyone can get a gun in any pawn shop. So yeah, I agree. Fight the power. Legalize it.

Come to think of it, it is weird to have raw milk classified as illegal in a country where anyone can get a gun in any pawn shop. So yeah, I agree. Fight the power. Legalize it.

Yes but it would be a pasteurized gun.

I thought he was joking. I inhale it the month or two I spend in Paris every year. It is really easy to find raw milk in France. I have seen raw milk vending machines in other parts of the country.

A buddy of mine went over to France his last semester in college, he went to a restaurant school here in the states for pastry arts.

He came back ranting and raving about the milk over there and how it wasn't pasteurized and just the quality of the butters, creams, and cheeses over there and the quality of the products made from them.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine went over to France his last semester in college, he went to a restaurant school here in the states for pastry arts.

He came back ranting and raving about the milk over there and how it wasn't pasteurized and just the quality of the butters, creams, and cheeses over there and the quality of the products made from them.

That's more related to what's fed to the cattle. And probably the overall level of freshness

That's more related to what's fed to the cattle. And probably the overall level of freshness

Hence the reason why local, raw, grass fed milk is the god-damned best tasting dairy product ever.

That it's also good for you seems almost secondary to the glorious flavor...

It's not just the milk, either. It is pretty much every food item you can buy. Say what you want about their other problems (are we on strike today?), but they have one of the best food quality/distribution systems on the planet.

I wouldn't want to live there permanently, but lately I have been living there every April-May and I love it.

It's not just the milk, either. It is pretty much every food item you can buy. Say what you want about their other problems (are we on strike today?), but they have one of the best food quality/distribution systems on the planet.

I wouldn't want to live there permanently, but lately I have been living there every April-May and I love it.

Why there every April-May?

Why there every April-May?

I usually teach a Maymester course at one of the universities in Paris. My French is atrocious, fortunately all of their business schools (at least the graduate courses) are exclusively in English.

Look, I would love for people to be able to make independent choices. But that would make more sense if the successful didn't have to treat the poor, ignorant, and reckless. On the occasion these people get deathly sick from drinking raw milk, and go to the hospital and can't afford the tens of thousands of dollars to keep themselves alive, I shouldn't have to foot the bill via Medicare or Blue Cross or Obamacare or whatever.

I'm so tired of this shitty disneyesque sentiment (that Canadians & Europeans have trumpeted as a morally superior approach to life over us Americans) that universal health care should somehow be free as some sort of unavoidable prerequisite to a humanitarian code of living: that people- when they get sick- should just be able to go to a hospital and great treated. What horseshit. That's why this shit happens.

Stop making responsible, hard-working people pay for everybody's else's shitty fucking health decisions, and then people will be free to drink whatever milk they want.

For the record: I voted for Obama. Also, my father is a Doctor. But I fucking hate this notion that people should be able to shoot drugs up their arms, shovel ice cream and greased burgers in their mouths, smoke 2 packs a day, ride around on their fucking ATV's without insurance, eat raw unrefrigerated eggs, and then the second they have a health-related problem they can't individually afford to treat, then we all should pitch in so Tiny Tim doesn't have a Christmas without his daddy. Some people should just fucking die, and the rest of us should learn from it.

Last edited:
On the occasion these people get deathly sick from drinking raw milk, and go to the hospital and can't afford the tens of thousands of dollars to keep themselves alive, I shouldn't have to foot the bill via Medicare or Blue Cross or Obamacare or whatever.

Noble sentiments, but considering the subject at hand (raw milk) and leaving out the rest of the political rant, licensed raw milk producers (at least in my state) are kept to more stringent health standards than other dairy producers (extra testing, etc).

There's that, and that those providing the product locally are often in it for more than $$; be it pride in their product, desire/ability to provide something truly beneficial for consumption to mindful consumers, etc...

Regarding the rant, I agree with you in principle, but it's all too far gone now to change anything. Insurance (health, or otherwise) and the financial sector are the biggest scams in human history after religion.

Stop making responsible, hard-working people pay for everybody's else's shitty fucking health decisions, and then people will be free to drink whatever milk they want.

Some people should just fucking die, and the rest of us should learn from it.

No you should treat them like human beings, regardless of their stupidity and irresponsibility.
People will not want to make a country better, if they're living like dogs in it.

Look, I would love for people to be able to make independent choices. But that would make more sense if the successful didn't have to treat the poor, ignorant, and reckless. On the occasion these people get deathly sick from drinking raw milk, and go to the hospital and can't afford the tens of thousands of dollars to keep themselves alive, I shouldn't have to foot the bill via Medicare or Blue Cross or Obamacare or whatever.

I'm so tired of this shitty disneyesque sentiment (that Canadians & Europeans have trumpeted as a morally superior approach to life over us Americans) that universal health care should somehow be free as some sort of unavoidable prerequisite to a humanitarian code of living: that people- when they get sick- should just be able to go to a hospital and great treated. What horseshit. That's why this shit happens.

For the record: I voted for Obama. Also, my father is a Doctor. But I fucking hate this notion that people should be able to shoot drugs up their arms, shovel ice cream and greased burgers in their mouths, smoke 2 packs a day, ride around on their fucking ATV's without insurance, eat raw unrefrigerated eggs, and then the second they have a health-related problem they can't individually afford to treat, then we all should pitch in so Tiny Tim doesn't have a Christmas without his daddy. Some people should just fucking die, and the rest of us should learn from it.

You know all those obnoxious, juvenile posts you've made over the past few years that you now deeply regret making? You're still making them.

You know all those obnoxious, juvenile posts you've made over the past few years that you now deeply regret making? You're still making them.
Obnoxious, juvenile: I suppose. Regrettable? Not at all. Read on.
Noble sentiments, but considering the subject at hand (raw milk) and leaving out the rest of the political rant, licensed raw milk producers (at least in my state) are kept to more stringent health standards than other dairy producers (extra testing, etc).

There's that, and that those providing the product locally are often in it for more than $$; be it pride in their product, desire/ability to provide something truly beneficial for consumption to mindful consumers, etc...

Regarding the rant, I agree with you in principle, but it's all too far gone now to change anything. Insurance (health, or otherwise) and the financial sector are the biggest scams in human history after religion.
Yeah, I should leave the War Room out of D&S. Nevertheless, there's really no reason NOT to pasteurize milk; the supposed health benefits are not supported by the overwhelming bulk of peer-reviewed research and all the additional testing and policing that we've developed in contemporary times only drives the price of the milk up. This raw milk fetish is the kind of typical hippie bullshit that arises in communities like Santa Cruz (where my older brother lives) and where many people are so convinced that the "Man" is trying to control them that they walk around on the street barefoot: parasitic worms and everything else be damned. These people develop their headstrong attitudes without an iota of research; they are enemies of the scientific process and its potential to improve humankind's condition.

The reason the USDA developed these rules was because raw milk was extremely dangerous and harmful to society until the practice of pasteurization was adopted. Raw milk killed a shitload of people. And to this day, roughly 70% of all milk outbreaks are traced to raw milk or raw milk cheeses (an enormous percentage when you consider the ratio of consumed raw milk to pasteurized milk). A lot of you guys in this thread need to educate yourselves:
Real Raw Milk Facts - Information on Raw Milk
If you know where to go, you can also download that book quoted by Michael Pollan (The Omnivore's Dilemma).

I'm 100% for individual choice, but not when potentially ignorant choices will contribute to harming me. I think people should be able to drink raw milk if they want, but not until I don't have to pay for their willingly embraced risks.

Back