USADA shoots down Jon Jones rumor

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/jon-jones-usada-payoff-rumors-steroids-doping-drug-test-ufc-mma

In a written statement, USADA spokesperson Danielle Eurich told MMAjunkie, “In relation to some media and social media comments we have observed, USADA wishes to clarify that under no circumstances do we receive payments as part of the resolution of cases.”

Welp, there it is. <mma1>

Translation: we do receive payments as part of the resolution of cases. (e.g. Brock)

They wouldn’t have any reason to respond if they were going to give him a serious suspension
That's what I thought I just said.......... a 4 year suspension would say the same thing. I thought that was inferred in my post.

Podsox beat me to it though.

Last edited:
lol I can’t brlieve they felt like they needed to make a statement about this.

You can only facepalm after reading a statement like that. Either make it clear the delay is due to Jones stalling or just don't comment on baseless speculation. Whoever is doing PR for USADA sucks at their job as bad as Dana White

So they officially denied that they essentially would commit a crime in order to clear someone. Wow that is shocking. What a shocking revelation.

2c4a59364bd76b9f9d0d52fa32cf406c.jpg

4iLeCxG.jpg

Everybody is so cynical, including me. We either take USADA at their word or we don't. They either have credibility or they don't. If they have no credibility, then everything they have done can be questioned. If we believe USADA is corrupt and can get paid off to allow a fighter to fight, then they can also get paid off to contaminate samples for fighters to test positive. Who'd pay for that one? Boxing.

Tin foil hat off.

Lets just take USADA at their word.

You can only facepalm after reading a statement like that. Either make it clear the delay is due to Jones stalling or just don't comment on baseless speculation. Whoever is doing PR for USADA sucks at their job as bad as Dana White

Based on your comment, in two weeks we may expect USADA statement that their PR do not suck at their job..

Does anyone really think they accepted a bribe? This ain’t Venezuela. That would be company suicide if ever leaked. They make way too much money to risk it all over what would be no more than a few hundred thousand dollars. If you think Jones has more than that to throw, you are wrong, and if you think the UFC would pay more than that for Jones, who does like 300k ppv buys unless he’s fighting DC (and even with DC he doesn’t hit a million), you are wrong.
Jon Jones vs Shogun 490,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Rampage 520,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Machida 480,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Rashad Evans 700,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort 450,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Chael Sonnen 530,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Gustafson 310,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira 350,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier 800,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Ovince St. Preux 320,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier 860,000 buys

These are all the fights Jon Jones has been in since being the challenger/champion. And it only seems as if three fights come anywhere close to matching your description against fighters who aren't extremely low profile he seems to do fairly well.

Last edited:
The fact that there has not even been a sentence handed down and idiots are already saying it's too lenient says alot about the validity of these accusations. And this is coming from someone who despises the USADA

Sherdogger logic:

1. Accuse USADA of taking payments
2. USADA denies taking payments
3. If USADA were taking payments, OF COURSE they would deny taking payments!!!
4. Ergo, USADA just ADMITTED to taking payments!!!!
5. GOTCHA!!!! OUTSMARTED BY SHERDOG!!!

What is your avatar from?

It's a drawing of Calvin from the Calvin and Hobbes comic strip in army fatigues. It came from a postcard sold at a Commissary on a military post in Bosnia. My brother sent it to me when he was stationed there in about 1999.

Jon Jones vs Shogun 490,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Rampage 520,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Machida 480,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Rashad Evans 700,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort 450,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Chael Sonnen 530,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Gustafson 310,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira 350,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier 800,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Ovince St. Preux 320,000 buys

Jon Jones vs Daniel Corier 860,000 buys

These are all the fights Jon Jones has been in since being the challenger/champion. And it only seems as if three fights come anywhere close to matching your description against fighters who aren't extremely low profile he seems to do fairly well.

If you take out the DC and Evans fights, he has an average of 431k buys. That’s not much over what I quoted. And you’ve also got to look at the timeline. His last three fights that weren’t DC did around 300k buys. I’m not looking at what numbers he pulled over 5 years ago and neither would the UFC when they are looking at him as an investment.

They didn’t receive any “payments”, didn’t say anything about gifts or donations.

Back