Usada Has Already Suspended 5 People This Year, What Does That Mean For Bones??? | Page 5

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Gangstub, Jan 11, 2018.

1. ermac88 Black Belt

ermac88
    In an organization that promoted and distributed steroids?

That had bus drivers, game show hosts and pro wrestlers in their ranks AND predetermined outcomes.

If steroids are a dis-qualifier for greatness, ha, anyone in Pride....

2. YeahNo Purple Belt

YeahNo
    Yawn, show me proof.

3. YeahNo Purple Belt

YeahNo
    Ok, so a fighter indicates that the contracts he is aware of (since I daresay he didn't read them all) specified no drug testing = everyone roided to the gills. Sounds legit. He may even be right, but without proof, it's a fart in the wind and, honestly, a waste of your time and mine.

You can make whatever list you want, but what it boils down to is that JJ has multiple failed tests for PEDs and therefore cannot even be considered for GOAT. He might as well as had cement or iron put in his gloves. Cheating is cheating and cheaters can't be GOAT.

You can cry about it or accept it. If Fedor comes out admits to PED use I'll reconsider my position at that time.

DarkneT likes this.
  4. BKB92 Green Belt

BKB92
    4 year suspension (with regular drug testing throughout) seems pretty fair given his unrepentant behaviour in the past.

He'll still be young enough to fight again then.

5. 777 Others Purple Belt

777 Others
    They have literally nothing to do with the Jones case

6. MastiffMike The BIG dog is here

MastiffMike
    Who are the 5? Looking at the USADA website's list of Sanctions (https://www.usada.org/testing/results/sanctions/) I see 4 listed names for 2018, but 1 is just a 'Public Warning" (i.e. no suspension). So that's 3 suspensions so far this year, not the 5 claimed in the thread title?

Of the 3 suspensions, 2 (66.7%) are UFC fighters. Of which, ALL of which are Wmma. Probably time to end the Wmma experiment and send them all to Invicta (like the WNBA - a separate league to allow for fans to easily watch/avoid them).

7. dimspace Gold Belt

dimspace
    even if they only give him two, what are the odds he can go those two years without fucking up again.

I know a lot of us said when he got one year last time that theres no way he can go a year without screwing up, but on the whole I dont think we really believed he would mess up that quickly.

Im at the point now with jones if he gets two years, if backed into a corner and forced to bet my life on if he screws up again or not, I would go heavily on teh side of he screws up again.

Pacemaker Joe and MastiffMike like this.
  8. MastiffMike The BIG dog is here

MastiffMike
    Just since USADA started handling the UFC's Anti-Doping program, USADA has suspended 2 athletes for 8 years for their second anti-doping rule violations.

Weightlifter Kelly Dykes and cyclist Kayle LeoGrande both were suspended 8 years for their second time failing a test. Jones' current failed test is also his second.

So while it's possible that he gets the full 8 years (I think he'll get 48-54 months) I think it's probably unlikely even though the precedence has been set.

Also of note, 0 athletes received 8 year suspensions in 2016, 2 athletes were given 8-year suspensions in 2015 and 4 in 2014.

9. dimspace Gold Belt

dimspace
    no, he got a one year suspension last time out, but that was the maximum for the substance involved.

this time for second offence he is looking at double the normal penalty for the subtance involved which this time is 2 x 2 years

10. dimspace Gold Belt

dimspace
    have to bear in mind WADA is 4-2 (four year basic with up to 2 year reduction) wheres UFC is 2+2 (2 year basic with 2 year aggravating)

Also, the ones in 2014 werent second offences.

4, 8, life didnt come in till 2015

2014 was from memory, 2,4,8

11. Joe_Armstrong Starfleet Belt

Joe_Armstrong
    Mir's suspension is already up ?
    If he wins he would have Ko'd Nog, Cro Cop and Fedor. Not bad.
    Mir is such a different guy, but most of his fights are exciting...
    I liked his finish against Kongo..
    He subbed Tank Abbot , Brock Lesnar, Big Nog, prime Sylvia

I really wonder how this turns out.
    Mir could go all out like against Todd Duffee.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    executionermma likes this.
  12. MastiffMike The BIG dog is here

MastiffMike
    You lost me with this? I was posting about/looking into, second offenses and the potential for USADA to hande out a suspension of longer than baselineX2 (i.e. possibility that Jones gets >4 years). Jones is facing a potential 8-year suspension [ (2Baseline x 2SecondViolation) x 2Agg.Circ. =8 ] even though I highly doubt he gets more than 54 months.

Thanks for that info. USADA's Sanction page doesn't have linked detail pages that far back (and I couldn't be bothered to do more than rudimentary, click a link research).

I guess what I'm wondering is just how frequently USADA applies Mitigating/Aggravating Circumstances toward the final sanction decision? Certainly when someone gets less than the baseline suspension it gets mentioned repeatedly (especially when it involves the ever popular "tainted supplement" excuse), but it's rare to hear about someone getting additional suspension time beyond the baseline.

Got any data on how frequently sanctions vary +/- from baseline? I'd find it interesting to know how often it happens and what are the triggers.

13. dimspace Gold Belt

dimspace
    Its hard to compare because like i say, penalties under teh wada code are different to penalties under the UFC program.

a first offence under the WADA code is 4 years, with potential for reductions., A first offence in the ufc (for most substances) is 2 years with potential to increase to 4 years if aggravating circumstances present.

thats why i refer to UFC being 2+2 whereas wada code is 4-2

Its much easier to get a 4 year ban in teh UFC than it is a 4 year ban under WADA

Under the WADA code Jones would be facing 8 years, less any reductions for degree of fault etc.

Under teh UFC program Jones is facing 4 years with potential for increase up to 8 years but incredibly unlikely

but its hard to compare regular usada suspensions under the wada code with ufc suspensions because the starting point, and the criteria for reductiomn/increase is totally different.

its like trying to compare UK court cases with US ones.

that said, the chances of Jones facing more than 4 years is pretty remote. to get aggravating circumstances to stick

1) must enhance in bout performance - they can tick that one off

and then one of

+ be part of a co-ordinated doping scheme - hard to prove

or

+ Be one of multiple positives or a positive involving multiple substances - neither of which it is

I think it will be hard to stick.

im more intersted in, if, like last time Malki co-ordinates a total load of obvious BS, whether USADA charge him with a doping violation (which they can do)

MastiffMike likes this.
  14. Thaijitsu612 Purple Belt

Thaijitsu612
    No, not a fan of either. Lhw sucks ass. Jones looked like shit against the two people his size. One of those two people was osp, who sucks.

15. J-Pac Purple Belt

J-Pac
    Lol both his tests came back positive and its not even his first time getting popped. I didn't think there was anyone stupid to actually believe the "muh dick is too huge i need pills" excuse, but here you are.

16. Bjjpitbull8 Black Belt

Bjjpitbull8
    What is going on in this gif?

17. DarkneT Sherdog Anti-Hero

DarkneT
    Have you not seen the size of his hog bro

18. ThinkBig500 Black Belt

ThinkBig500
    Jones will get off with a fine and maybe a reduced suspension. We’re already halfway through what would be a one year suspension, so Jones fighting this summer wouldn’t surprise me.

USADA can burn in flames if jones gets less than 2 years imo. Cormier is talking about retirement and it’s already so weak. They will be corrupt in Jones’ favor

19. IcemanFan75 Purple Belt

IcemanFan75
    I stand corrected, thank you. Still, he should get a minimum of 2 years. That's fair.

20. MastiffMike The BIG dog is here

MastiffMike
    Fair is 4 years, since that's what the UFC Anti-Doping Policy states it should be (and he's agreed to abide by the policy and to it's sanctions should he violate it).

Zefram Cochrane likes this.