USADA CEO is known for being in a lead of Armstrong case. Now he's defending Jones

Dana-White-money-696x399.jpg

Just in Jones case? Or you suggest something bigger?

Just in Jones case? Or you suggest something bigger?
Who knows how far it would reach, I'd imagine he'd so the same for any of his big money guys. Let's not pretend Jones got off way lighter than people like Machida who popped their first time for a friggin diuretic. If he was going to bribe his way into getting someone off it would be Jones for sure. The dude is one of the best in the world (who knows how much the juice had to do with it) and is a superstar who brings in $$. Something UFC is seriously lacking right now.

I just have to do a great deal of mental legwork to see how this isn't, at a minimum, an abnormally managed case which just happens to deal with one of the UFC's biggest stars and a split from the way other fighters have been dealt with. It stinks.
again, an arbitrator concluded he didn't knowingly cheat and he served a 15 month suspension. maybe a lesser fighter doesn't get the benefit of an extended review? either way, if you believe the arbitrator's conclusion, it's hard to argue with the outcome.

Wait, so EVERY TIME there is an independent arbitrator?
Every time some unknown, independent person makes the career-making verdict?

Any way, USADA also collect samples. So hiring Tygart to support a fighter looks like an awful conflict of interests...
No, not every time.
USADA has guidelines which fighters can abide or not.
For instance, when Machida got caught using a banned substance, he accepted the punishment USADA awarded him.
But if a fighter wants to "fight it", then it goes to arbitration. They are the ones that look at the findings, and based on USADA's initial findings (i.e. what was on the blood) and whatever the fighter told them as their defense and would award a new verdict (that might be more or less than what USADA would give to that fighter).

No, not every time.
USADA has guidelines which fighters can abide or not.
For instance, when Machida got caught using a banned substance, he accepted the punishment USADA awarded him.
But if a fighter wants to "fight it", then it goes to arbitration. They are the ones that look at the findings, and based on USADA's initial findings (i.e. what was on the blood) and whatever the fighter told them as their defense and would award a new verdict (that might be more or less than what USADA would give to that fighter).

So how can you hire someone whose decision you want to fight?

Who knows how far it would reach, I'd imagine he'd so the same for any of his big money guys. Let's not pretend Jones got off way lighter than people like Machida who popped their first time for a friggin diuretic. If he was going to bribe his way into getting someone off it would be Jones for sure. The dude is one of the best in the world (who knows how much the juice had to do with it) and is a superstar who brings in $$. Something UFC is seriously lacking right now.
machida popped for a substance listed as an anabolic agent (like it or not) and he acknowledged he took it. his defense was that he didn't know it was banned.

There does seem to be a pattern of much harsher punishments for older names on the decline not worth as much to the UFC.

There does seem to be a pattern of much harsher punishments for older names on the decline not worth as much to the UFC.
such as? anyone who was determined not to have knowingly cheated?

So how can you hire someone whose decision you want to fight?
Beats me, bud.
Obviously you can hire teams that would have "the scoop" and that are more influential about those things, but I don't know how much they would know about the person/panel who voltes for those things.

But one funny thing about our society. When you have enough money, people tend to let you off the hook a lot more.
Case in point: Conor is fighting Khabib instead of being behind bars.

machida popped for a substance listed as an anabolic agent (like it or not) and he acknowledged he took it. his defense was that he didn't know it was banned.
So he admits to it, and gets a harsher punishment than Jon who's on his 3rd ban and popped twice? Still doesn't make sense that a first time offender is punished worse than a multiple time offender.

Check his wiki:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Tygart

Check his statement re:Jones

USADA CEO Travis T. Tygart said in a statement: “The independent arbitrator found that Jon Jones was not intentionally cheating in this case, and while we thought 18 months was the appropriate sanction given the other circumstances of the case, we respect the arbitrator’s decision and believe that justice was served.”

What can we take from that?

Always hated how that cunt witch hunted Armstrong.

Fuck him and USADA

Unlimited
Steroids
Assuming
Dollars
Acquired

They are the ones that look at the findings, and based on USADA's initial findings (i.e. what was on the blood) and whatever the fighter told them as their defense and would award a new verdict (that might be more or less than what USADA would give to that fighter).

USADA agreed to the tainted supplement defense, for a fighter that is a repeat offender lol

So he admits to it, and gets a harsher punishment than Jon who's on his 3rd ban and popped twice? Still doesn't make sense that a first time offender is punished worse than a multiple time offender.
he's on his 2nd ban for banned substances and an independent arbitrator determined he didn't knowingly take banned substances. it's pretty simple.

USADA agreed to the tainted supplement defense, for a fighter that is a repeat offender lol
not usada, kid.
USADA provides data. They don't pass judgement.
That was the arbitration panel.

he's on his 2nd ban for banned substances and an independent arbitrator determined he didn't knowingly take banned substances. it's pretty simple.
Surely they didn't pay off the arbitrator. <41>

Back