USADA and GSP

GSP asked to be put back on the 4 month list for USADA when he announced his return. When the deal fell off, he hopped out of the program. Now, there is a new UFC deal. USADA reps have offered GSP an exemption. Since he has already been through 4 months of USADA random testing, not even a month ago, he can go back to fighting tomorrow.

GSP said no, obviously. He did not want to go the Pro Wrestler way: Lesnar NEVER hopped on the USADA 4 month pre-testing and ended up testing positive. So GSP said: "I am not imprezzed by your exemption".

GSP chose, by himself, on his own, to go through 4 other months of USADA testing, one month after going through 4 months of USADA testing. GSP will be the first UFC athlete to fight after 8 consecutive months of USADA random testing day or night, with no fight booked yet!

Clearly a cheater: 8 months of random testing, which he asked for...

why hop out of the USADA testing pool after 1 month and only being tested once?

GSP was visited by testers the last week in September 2016 (7 days up to 28th Sept) and provided 4 samples - probably 1 urine, 1 blood, 1 blood passport, 1 blood hgh (it is possible that he was visited twice in a week, but all 4 samples were the same week)

By the 17th October GSP was declaring himself a free agent (2 weeks after that test session)

His joining the test pool would have only been a few days before the tests he underwent (USADA wouldnt have left him sitting in the pool for weeks without testing him), so its fair to assume that he entered the pool mid september, and he left it by mid october when talks ended and he declared himself a free agent.

So he was in the testing pool for around a month (mid september to mid october) with 4 samples being collected, all at the same time

Thank you very much for that.

Instant follow, keep that crucial info coming! I remember you from that USADA tests compilation thread. You're the TS, right? Keep it up, it is much appreciated! And refreshing considering where we are...

*edit* I was already following you: it must be from that huge USADA thread.

I didn't know he remained only 1 month. I though he was almost done with it but I trust @dimspace if he did the research. I didn't...

Why keep getting tested and dealing with a whereabouts program if it looked like you were never going to get a fight? USADA testing is a good thing, but make no mistake, it can be a huge pain in the ass for athletes.

GSP was visited by testers the last week in September 2016 (7 days up to 28th Sept) and provided 4 samples - probably 1 urine, 1 blood, 1 blood passport, 1 blood hgh (it is possible that he was visited twice in a week, but all 4 samples were the same week)

By the 17th October GSP was declaring himself a free agent (2 weeks after that test session)

His joining the test pool would have only been a few days before the tests he underwent (USADA wouldnt have left him sitting in the pool for weeks without testing him), so its fair to assume that he entered the pool mid september, and he left it by mid october when talks ended and he declared himself a free agent.

So he was in the testing pool for around a month (mid september to mid october) with 4 samples being collected, all at the same time
Thanks as always for posting the info and not the speculation.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dim as much if not more, than the next guy but let's not pretend that Dim's post isn't choke full of "assumptions" and "possibilities".
True, he does post his own opinions, but he also posts his opinions as opinions, not as facts, and makes an effort to differentiate the two. In the post I quoted, he did add some speculation, but he also posted concrete facts - GSP gave 4 samples in 1 week and withdrew from the testing after about a month - instead of the rampant speculation and straight-up bullshit that passes for "facts" around here. What speculation he did post is more insight than opinion since he doesn't say "GSP is ducking testing" or "GSP is clean" - he just provided the context and filled in some gaps with, you're right, speculation - but speculation based on fact, not on bullshit.

GSP haters are quite literally the biggest fucking liars, and saltiest losers ever associated with sports.

They figure...and unfortunately, have kind of proven that if...

Any fucking noob asshole, casual asshole or just plain stupid person. Hears enough lies over a period of time. They actually believe it as fact.
that's why i keep straight and don't believe him!

lol you have no idea what you are talking about. The tests weren't done at "A" WADA lab, it was done at THE WADA lab located at their head office in MONTREAL. WADA was founded by Richard Pound who is a montrealer and the lab which is the world standard for drug testing is located here 10 mins from my house. GSP trains about 15 mins from that lab. Get your facts straight. If GSP was juicing, they would have found it. GSP leading up to the Hendricks fight said in great detail that certain tests that would absolutely test positive for drugs, weren't being done by NSAC and that he would be doing those tests for the Hendricks fight. ex: the carbon isotope tests.

why cares where you live?

lol you have no idea what you are talking about. The tests weren't done at "A" WADA lab, it was done at THE WADA lab located at their head office in MONTREAL. WADA was founded by Richard Pound who is a montrealer

Actually no, the Montreal lab is at the Institut Armand-Frappier. (otherwise known as INRS) headed by Christiane Ayotte, it is nothing to to with WADA whatsoever, it is WADA ACCREDITED

As you are a local im going to make it easy for you...

Heres a map

map.png

To the north west you will see the Institut Armand Frappier, that is the "Wada accredited" lab in Montreal (that is nothing to do with wada)

To the South east you will see WADA's head office

Now, im not a cartographer, but even I can tell, they aint the same fucking place.

and the lab which is the world standard for drug testing is located here 10 mins from my house.

Well as above, no it isnt. And actually, the world standard for testing is the same across all labs that adhere to the wada code, thats the point, consistency, but if you want to get into a debate over the "world standard" for labs, the best WADA Accredited lab is probably Cologne

GSP trains about 15 mins from that lab. Get your facts straight. If GSP was juicing, they would have found it.

What the flying fuck does lab location have to do with athletes being clean. So are you saying every athlete from Montreal, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, Cologne, Barcelona, Roma, Havanna, is clean because they live in the same city as a lab?

GSP leading up to the Hendricks fight said in great detail that certain tests that would absolutely test positive for drugs, weren't being done by NSAC and that he would be doing those tests for the Hendricks fight. ex: the carbon isotope tests.

There is absolutely no rational reason why you would perform GC/C/IRMS on every single sample. Thats just an utter waste of time and money. You perform it on the samples that need it, ie the ones that suggest they need further investigation. Care to explain why you would perform GC/C/IRMS on every single sample?

im not saying GSP was or wasnt juicing, i couldnt give a crap, but dont try and lecture me about lab locations when you clearly dont even know your way around your own city.

But the Ufc said he was still under contract, so does USADA go with gsp''s claim or the Ufc? Why would USADA stop testing a guy that is technically still under contract and not retired. Please show source where USADA took him of the list

i think they confirmed he had left the testing pool same day they confirmed brock had.

that aside, hes not been tested since then, its very very very unlikely someone returning to the testing pool after retirement (especially someone as high status as gsp) would be visited the once then not tested again for 6 months. that wouldnt happen

I love how he was tested and nothing popped up, and then he stopped being tested because it seemed like he wasn't going to fight for the UFC, and somehow that is reason to believe he WAS doping

True, he does post his own opinions, but he also posts his opinions as opinions, not as facts, and makes an effort to differentiate the two. In the post I quoted, he did add some speculation, but he also posted concrete facts - GSP gave 4 samples in 1 week and withdrew from the testing after about a month - instead of the rampant speculation and straight-up bullshit that passes for "facts" around here. What speculation he did post is more insight than opinion since he doesn't say "GSP is ducking testing" or "GSP is clean" - he just provided the context and filled in some gaps with, you're right, speculation - but speculation based on fact, not on bullshit.
I asked Dim and now I'll ask you, where is this concrete fact that GSP withdrew from the testing pool after a month on it? GSP may have declared himself a free agent but the UFC disputed it so technically he was still under contract.
If your complaining about people stating wrong facts, please back up yours

69469992.jpg

He did not test positive for steroids. He popped for Clomiphene and letrozole, the same two banned substances that Jon Jones did.

GSp has been ducking USADA for a while now.

Wake me up when he passes USADA testing, still looks ripped, and wins a fight.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dim as much if not more, than the next guy but let's not pretend that Dim's post isn't choke full of "assumptions" and "possibilities".
Usada don't release exact test dates. Best I can do is " 7 days up to.... "

So no, it's not assumptions, it's factual, but can only be as accurate as that

As for when he left, no, we don't have an exact date, but based on testing patterns that we've seen for other newly signed fighters, my expectation would be that GSP would have been visited a second time, certainly within a month. The fact he wasn't, says to me he left the pool fairly quickly.

Its impossible to state with certainty, but, having monitored testing weekly for 18 months you see patterns.

It was ultimately a short enough period of time, and long enough ago, that they felt he had to do four months from scratch

Last edited:
I'll believe someone can tell if someone is using or not using by visual inspection when the IOC and any other sporting body replaces blood tests with visual inspection.

This is just silly. There's only one reason sporting bodies spend tens of millions each year on blood tests: as bad as blood tests are, they are still orders of magnitude better than visual inspections. Visual inspection is so much cheaper than blood tests (and so much more convenient) that if anybody could do it even remotely accurately blood tests would be replaced by visual inspection over night.

People who tell you they can determine who is and who isn't using by looking at pictures are selling you something ... if they could they'd be making millions looking at pictures for the IOC. Instead they're making their claims on Sherdog because no serious sporting organization in the world will pay them a dime for their visual usage expertise.

Just for amusement, take a Google of pictures of strongmen from pre-1930 (ie before synthetic steroids). A lot of them make almost every MMA fighter, including GSP (and Anderson and Royce and Josh and a lot of guys who actually tested positive) look positively scrawny. Apparently those old timers had a time machine which they used to go into the future and get synthetic steroids.

Breaking: GSP going into modern bodybuilding

1Zj4OGz.gif

Back