USA vs ISIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidfire

Purple Belt
Reaction score
most of us know about the american army's strength, but what about the military strength of the islamic state of iraq and the levant?

ISIL uses a highly mobile form of warfare striking enemy forces like lightning. ISIL army units were able to move from mosul to the outskirts of baghdad in just 2 days!

Y0DCgaN.jpg

this form of high mobile warfare is made possible by ISIL mechanized and motorized units that uses armored military vehicles such as the humvees and other unarmoured military vehicles.

XlcOtK1.jpg

total warfare. ISIL's military size is about 2 divisions. ISIL utilizes mass recruiting both within and outside of the regions they operate in allowing them to form one of the largest army in the middle east.

UkjeFKE.jpg

AknJQvj.jpg

MZ2czwl.jpg

economic might to support total warfare. recently ISIL acquired over 400 million dollars along with many modern weapon systems, chemical plants, and oil facilities which puts the total asset of ISIL at almost 3 billion. eritrea, a country that had defeated ethiopia in the past has a GSP (nominal) of 3 billion.

according to source: http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-africa.asp the ethiopian defence force is the #3 military in africa. that means ISIL's economic power is at least on par with the country that defeated the 3rd strongest military in africa!!!

i can only conclude that the ISIL military is a powerful force. i rank it in the top 10 among other middle east military contenders. ISIL has already won fights vs iran's elite quds force and former top 10 syrian arab army.

USA wins all day in a real battle. This shouldn't even be discussed.

The only thing these guys can beat are unarmed women and traitorous Sunni 'soldiers.'

They're nothing an A10 can't fix.

I suppose what TS is relying on is ISIS's willingness to do things the US won't. I know this is the War Room, so of course the US is just as willing. Makes you wonder why Iraq even exists..

I suppose what TS is relying on is ISIS's willingness to do things the US won't. I know this is the War Room, so of course the US is just as willing. Makes you wonder why Iraq even exists..

The sad truth is they would do things the US isnt willing to do, which is why in a conventional war if the US wanted to wipe these guys out as fast as several posters say it is able to, we would all have to come to terms with the fact there will be a shit ton of collateral damage.

And im starting to think western society is going to have to turn a blind eye and let the military do what it needs to do if we ever want to truely be rid of this ongoing problem.

exactly. as part of ISIL's total warfare doctrine, both combatants and non combatants are valid targets in their war effort.

I'm willing to bet those Toyota Tundras don't stand much chance against a Apache.

Comparing ISIS's military capability to US military is like matching a midget against Fedor.

MZ2czwl.jpg

Besides proving that they can walk straight, pictures like this prove nothing else. :icon_lol:

US all day

I'm willing to bet those Toyota Tundras don't stand much chance against a Apache.

any ISL soldier wouldn't use their military transport/vehicle in a straight up fight against an apache. most likely scenario to happen would be the apache gets shot down by a stinger missile from deployed ISIL soldiers.

any ISL soldier wouldn't use their military transport/vehicle in a straight up fight against an apache. most likely scenario to happen would be the apache gets shot down by a stinger missile from deployed ISIL soldiers.

What bullshit. Where is their stinger?

How an american made Stinger missile would end up in ISIL hands ?
as far as I know most of these snackbarians carry old soviet RPG-7's which are not very effective against such a mobile aircraft.

Apaches are usually used in support of ground troops. You won't see gunships unless the US has feet on the ground. Expect Predator drones at this stage

How an american made Stinger missile would end up in ISIL hands ?
as far as I know most of these snackbarians carry old soviet RPG-7's which are not very effective against such a mobile aircraft.

Didn't the USA supply weapons to Iraq during its conflict with Iran?

The sad truth is they would do things the US isnt willing to do, which is why in a conventional war if the US wanted to wipe these guys out as fast as several posters say it is able to, we would all have to come to terms with the fact there will be a shit ton of collateral damage.

And im starting to think western society is going to have to turn a blind eye and let the military do what it needs to do if we ever want to truely be rid of this ongoing problem.

What objective would the US have? people who say, who would win in a war without establishing an objective shouldnt be talking about the topic in the first place since it seems its ok to joke around talking about killing people like if it was an age of empires game.

If the US objective is to commit mass genocide against the Iraqi people, my vote goes to the USA as it would only need to send a nuke or level their cities with a bombing campaing.

If the US objective is to pacify Iraq, my vote goes to ISIS, since the US already showed it couldnt untangle the fabric of Iraqi society and leave a functioning government, despite the huge material and life losses of the Iraq occupation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back