USA chants are creepy

You guys do whatever makes you happy, it's all good. But I find extreme nationalism strange and creepy. I understand peoples of a nation share common culture, values, ideas etc... but in the end it's just a chunk of people within an arbitrary boundary represented by arbitrary symbols and names. Yelling the name of your nation over and over again at every opportunity seems exceptionally odd to me. I love the country I live in but I'm not gonna walk around yelling it's name at people. We all know where we live? This, or similar behaviour, occurs all over the place I'm sure but America's media influence is large, especially given that I only follow english-language media, so this is the only example I'm familiar with.

Where are you from? Mexico?

Let me guess, American nationalism is creepy, but Mexican nationalism is sweet and ok?

People aren't just light bulbs that can be interchanged. We have heritage and roots to the land.

Your beliefs are very Marxist.

The thing with nationalism is, when mixed in with racism, you end up like Nazi Germany.

So yeah, I'm very leery of nationalism, especially after my last trip to the Holocaust Museum. God that place was depressing AF.

Russian nationalism kept Russia alive during WW2.

"Despite being mostly useless, I'm going to claim ownership of a complete strangers achievements, simply because I was born on the same patch of dirt."

- 'murica

White people are still targeted and shamed for "a complete strangers actions" because "we were born on the same patch of dirt". Look at "white Privilege" and demands for reparations of slavery.

If you are still going to accept that white people should feel collectively guilty for slavery (despite being the first people to end slavery). Then by that same logic they should also feel pride in inventions and innovations done by their ancestors, too.

I understand nationalism,i just dont really find it creepy unless its the totality of your life,and all you think about. Just shouting USA dont mean shit.

It is funny to hear dumb fans shout USA during Trevor Prangley vs Yuki Kondo. Trevor is from south africa. Might as well shouted "Kill the jap!"

Lol, false equivalency completely.

Australia is probably worse in that way.

morans.jpg

Collectivism is weird to me. But some people want to feel good about themselves through the achievements of others and I don't want to rob them of that.

I don't find it creepy. It's like cheering for your favorite team.

White people are still targeted and shamed for "a complete strangers actions" because "we were born on the same patch of dirt". Look at "white Privilege" and demands for reparations of slavery.

If you are still going to accept that white people should feel collectively guilty for slavery (despite being the first people to end slavery). Then by that same logic they should also feel pride in inventions and innovations done by their ancestors, too.

White privilege is not really directly related to slavery.

I'm not sure how my post made you think I think white people should feel guilty about slavery.

Nationalism is wonderful. There's nothing quite like being patriotic in favor of your country. Unless of course you're a bastard communist, or leftist, (one in the same) then of course you hate America and all it stands for, and don't "get" nationalism.

USA! USA! USA!

Don't mind these kind of chants much.
The 3 letter chant just sound dumb and not creative. At least add some flair to it. A couple claps or something.

HOL-LAND! (clap, clap, clap) HOL-LAND! (clap, clap, clap)

I like the Australian one:
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, (Oi, Oi, Oi!)

Other countries talking dirt about the USA are creepy

Despite their efforts, it doesn't feel like an actual condemnation, it has more of a "I'm hiding something I feel bad about myself, but I'm too weak to address it" vibe.

I love the USA. Being from canada, i have worked with many americans, and been there countless times. Americans have been told they are the greatest and when they watch stuff like the olympics and they win all these medals etc, their greatness is somewhat confirmed in their minds. The fact is , is many americans have never been elsewhere, dont even have passsports and are swayed by what their media tells them. If they got out more, they would realize others have it just as well or better.

That's probably because the country you live in sucks. When you come to America where everyone is just winning all the time, we love to chant.
Everyone is winning,like the guy I saw eating leftovers in a McDonalds or the smelling of piss guys I walked past in the tenderloin to name just two incidents.......been coast to coast and even on to Hawaii....easily the most overrated country in the world.

You make great TV shows though,I'll give you that

Well, we're still on top. And we don't have to be a manufacturing based economy to be successful. Most modern economies, as they achieve a threshold level of GDP and income, move away from manufacturing into more service based industries as America has.

And income inequality is due at least in part to the nefariousness of the wealthy - rewriting the tax code one law at a time, funding politicians who, and measures which, are intended to destroy unions, etc. I'm not sure how someone can be an evil nare-do-well. But yes,we appear to be in decline as a society.

Some developed country has to do the manufacturing assuming the end goal is for all peoples to live in the developed world and have a reasonable standard of living. Unless we want to maintain a sub-class of people living as a modern pseudo-slave labour force so we can have cheap, disposable goods.
This may not apply in the future as automation gains greater influence.

Agree re: income equality, an issue that has risen repeatedly throughout various cultures in history and never ends well. This will need to be addressed in the near future.

Its gonna be bittersweet when Russia steam rolls these "post-national" european states, and all the euro cucks are gonna be like "but but its all just arbitrary man."

Glad to see you value your personal vindication over the lives and freedom of millions of people.

i hate the """arbitrary boundary""" meme

why do you have a lock on the door of your home? its just an """arbitrary""" barrier to your """arbitrary space""" filled with your "arbitrarily" owned possessions

The US borders were earned through blood or money

<mma4>

Where are you from? Mexico?

Let me guess, American nationalism is creepy, but Mexican nationalism is sweet and ok?

People aren't just light bulbs that can be interchanged. We have heritage and roots to the land.

Your beliefs are very Marxist.

{<doc}

Everyone is winning,like the guy I saw eating leftovers in a McDonalds or the smelling of piss guys I walked past in the tenderloin to name just two incidents.......been coast to coast and even on to Hawaii....easily the most overrated country in the world.

You make great TV shows though,I'll give you that

Those are just people who got tired of winning. Don't you remember that President Trump said that would happen?

They are just taking a break from winning.

OP couldn't even be any more off-base if it tried.

Back