USA chants are creepy

I understand nationalism,i just dont really find it creepy unless its the totality of your life,and all you think about. Just shouting USA dont mean shit.

It is funny to hear dumb fans shout USA during Trevor Prangley vs Yuki Kondo. Trevor is from south africa. Might as well shouted "Kill the jap!"

I think fans in the USA actually are less patriotic and nationalistic that a lot of other countries.

For example I can root for a Brazilian fighter over one from the US. The entire country of Ireland loves McGregor but we, in the USA, don't all love Chris Weidman or Tim Kennedy.
It makes sense. Smaller countries are more likely to support their heroes. We good in the USA. We got enough. Brazil needs to stop with that bullshit silence when their man loses. Thats just embarassing.

giphy.gif

I love me a good USA chant every now and again. It's been awhile though. Maybe I should start one on a random street corner or in the grocery store.

That's probably because the country you live in sucks. When you come to America where everyone is just winning all the time, we love to chant.

Standard of live OVERALL in the US is not as good as in quite a few other western nations. It always amazes me how the population are so unaware of this fact.

Biggest military? Yes

Richest in terms of wealth produced as a nation? Yes

Scenery? Amazing

Quality of life as a whole? No (longer hours. Less holiday time etc)

Early years and high school education? No not even close

Distribution of wealth? No

Safety from violent crime? No

Equality of opportunity across racial divides? No

Incarceration rates? Higher than anywhere in the world

You know who should ever boasting all the time? Scandinavians

No thanks I heard you guys were full of muslim and mexican rapists

Totally are. If you come here, a young black man will rob and shoot you, then as you leave the hospital a Mexican immigrant will rape you. Finally a suicide bomb will get you. You should stay far away from America. It's basically a slaughter.

It's like being a part of the winning team.

People from lesser countries might not understand how this feels...

Its gonna be bittersweet when Russia steam rolls these "post-national" european states, and all the euro cucks are gonna be like "but but its all just arbitrary man."

You guys do whatever makes you happy, it's all good. But I find extreme nationalism strange and creepy. I understand peoples of a nation share common culture, values, ideas etc... but in the end it's just a chunk of people within an arbitrary boundary represented by arbitrary symbols and names. Yelling the name of your nation over and over again at every opportunity seems exceptionally odd to me. I love the country I live in but I'm not gonna walk around yelling it's name at people. We all know where we live? This, or similar behaviour, occurs all over the place I'm sure but America's media influence is large, especially given that I only follow english-language media, so this is the only example I'm familiar with.

i hate the """arbitrary boundary""" meme

why do you have a lock on the door of your home? its just an """arbitrary""" barrier to your """arbitrary space""" filled with your "arbitrarily" owned possessions

The US borders were earned through blood or money

I'm not gonna feel guilty that my country is the best. If u don't like it then do something about it. But if u come at the king you best not miss.

Usa,Usa,Usa

we've dominated virtually every olympics, even the bullshit winter ones, for a reason.....

just saying.
murrica

how is america special in this regard? lots of countries chant stupid nationalist choruses.

Back