US Surgeon General removed - Guns are a public health issue!

Grunk

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
This guy has just been asked to resign and restated his position on guns is "“The statements I've made in the past about gun violence being a public health issue, I stand by those comments because they're a fact,” he said then. “They're a fact that nearly every medical professional who's ever cared for a patient can attest to.”

Not sure if this sits with the republican direction but we don't even get to have that debate down here in OZ.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mp-administration-replaced-by-deputy-for-now/

I like seeing this from Trump, if people aren't doing a good job, fire them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I value a medical professional's opinion on guns about as much as I'd value the NRA's opinion on my shoulder surgery.

Well, I mean, they are. That being said, there isn't really much that can be done about it. There's already way too many guns in circulation in the US.

well most gun deaths are suicides by sidearms......so technically he has a pt. More of a 'behavioral health' issue

well most gun deaths are suicides by sidearms......so technically he has a pt. More of a 'behavioral health' issue

That is called the most personal choice you can make

Who the fuck is anyone to tell you what to do

Good riddance .

Far more people die from Medical malpractice than from guns, so he should be focusing on that primarily.

Yep. Next thing you know guns will kill more people than the negligence of health professionals.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/03/health/medical-error-a-leading-cause-of-death/

In fact, the study, from doctors at Johns Hopkins, suggests medical errors may kill more people than lower respiratory diseases like emphysema and bronchitis do. That would make these medical mistakes the third leading cause of death in the United States. That would place medical errors right behind heart disease and cancer.

Through their analysis of four other studies examining death rate information, the doctors estimate there are at least 251,454 deaths due to medical errors annually in the United States. The authors believe the number is actually much higher, as home and nursing home deaths are not counted in that total.

This is a much greater number than a highly cited 1999 study from the Institute of Medicine that put the number in the 44,000 to 98,000 range. Other studies have put estimates closer to 195,000 deaths a year. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the inspector general in 2008 reported 180,000 deaths by medical error among Medicare patients alone.

Well, maybe not.

i agree
i'm just trying to interpret what he meant

I'm saying fuck him

Dr's won't ask actual pertinent shit but because of nanny state pieces of shit like him they want to ask you if you have shit that has nothing to do with your body...aka the reason you're at a Dr.

But it's not the method, rather the desire that matters . People can just as easily kill themself with Carbon Monoxide.

But it's not the method, rather the desire that matters . People can just as easily kill themself with Carbon Monoxide.

Or eat themselves, drink themselves, drug themselves...

"Likes" for everyone in here so far...
maxresdefault.jpg

also just top put things into perspective

since 2004 there have been 200k murders in GUATEMALA, EL SALVADOR and HONDURAS alone....and the total population of those countries is about 30.9Million

The US, w/ a population of 325Million averages about 10-15k murders a year give or take for a rate of 3-4 per 100k residents

That rate in Honduras: 84.6

one of the things i never understood about gun control

people freak out over 'mass shootings' but the majority of deaths are either suicide or muder by SIDEARM.....

seeing as those don't have the same hunting or law enforcement/military applications in totality, i never understood why the focus didn't shift towards handguns in lieu of 'assault rifles' which just sounds scarier..

Then they wouldn't apply to jumping off bridges into a water current?
Divers have to retrieve bodies.
Basically the only legit way to kill oneself is to do it in a way that doesn't involve the authorities.

Back