Law US Supreme Court OKs gay marriage in all 50 states

The controlling others part comes from publicly denouncing ssm every chance they could, and funding legislation to bar ssm. But you knew that, since it's common sense.

You don't get to be on the same side as the people doing that and then feign ignorance.

If it's outside the actual church and they are renting the space out, then it's probably going to be considered a business open to the public, and not a church function.

Tbh they should have been able to see this issue coming since they were charging for the space. Not sure where the indignation is coming from.

We did see it coming; the left kept saying we were crazy.:rolleyes:

The controlling others part comes from publicly denouncing ssm every chance they could, and funding legislation to bar ssm. But you knew that, since it's common sense.

You don't get to be on the same side as the people doing that and then feign ignorance.

Way to ignore the part where Church told the lesbian couple that they could use the boardwalk FREE OF CHARGE.

You're still ignoring the part about the gays seeking out the use of the churches - not the other way around. 'You accept us or else':icon_evil

We did see it coming; the left kept saying we were crazy.:rolleyes:
Except that what happened isn't what your concern has been about. This isn't a church being forced to conduct gay marriages, it is public access to a public accommodation.

Call me when the Pope is forced to preside over a same sex wedding ceremony.

I don't believe I said my concern was limited to pastors being forced to perform the ceremony.

Except that what happened isn't what your concern has been about. This isn't a church being forced to conduct gay marriages, it is public access to a public accommodation.

Call me when the Pope is forced to preside over a same sex wedding ceremony.

Exactly. This is not something the left ever said wouldn't happen. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's an area outside of the church they were charging a fee to rent. Ok that's a business transaction open to the public.

They got you on a technicality. Which they absolutely should have seen coming, and restrict its use to church members only with no fee if they want to be bigots.

Last edited:
I don't believe I said my concern was limited to pastors being forced to perform the ceremony.
Regardless, what "the left" said wasn't going to happen is not contradicted by this (or the bakery) examples.

Out of curiosity, do you generally oppose the notion of public accommodation purveyors having to indiscriminately serve the public?

I've always siad the bakery wasn't a legit argument. The photographer on the other hand.....

This isn't exactly the same thing. I don't think the church charged much more than a cleaning and maintenance fee - they weren't trying to make money, but simply provide an area for use when the church wasn't using it.

edit: and they offered free use of the boardwalk - in a state that didn't allow ssm or civil unions at the time.

This isn't exactly the same thing. I don't think the church charged much more than a cleaning and maintenance fee - they weren't trying to make money, but simply provide an area for use when the church wasn't using it.

edit: and they offered free use of the boardwalk - in a state that didn't allow ssm or civil unions at the time.

The issue was they were charging for a service separate from the church, so it was ruled as being a public business venture. As I said, they got you on a technicality. It's not like there's any group of people on earth that doesn't have people who will twist the rules to their advantage.

'You accept us or else':icon_evil

Btw, for you and everyone else using this line, that's kinda how the law works, and has always worked.

Follow the law, or else.

You're free to use this to deepen your persecution complex, but thats all you're doing.

Btw, for you and everyone else using this line, that's kinda how the law works, and has always worked.

Follow the law, or else.

You're free to use this to deepen your persecution complex, but thats all you're doing.

No, the law doesn't require me to do more than show you common courtesy and respect.

Persecution complex? I've said all along that this was about being accepted vs being tolerated.

7231_d213_500.jpeg

lol some people don't know what persecution really is

That's funny - only because it has a tinge of truth to it. It was more like we want tolerance; we want equality (even when it is something completly different); we want you to accetp - embrace even - our lifestyle.

Baking a cake should have never been an issue - imho. Forcing a church to rent consecrated area is another story.

People today have become pussified, that's for sure. They regard doing their job, like baking a cake, as something "oppressive"? Jesus fucking christ.

I wish people like those bakers underwent 1/100 of the oppression the gay people have been subjected to historically. They would kill themselves from the stress before it even began. I mean we are witnessing some embarrassing levels of cowardice here.

Back