US not out of Paris climate agreement

So, what coal jobs, exactly? Employment in that sector was already sharply declining because of automation and declining demand. It would not be hard for the US to reach a reduction goal. Ironically, the administration intends to cut funding that would put an end to a successful retraining program for out of work miners. So, some of them get jobs in coal that could end up cut again in the future with no programs to help. Great band aid. They could expand the program and commit to the goals Obama agreed to and everyone wins.

Jobs and deals. American companies losing deals to china and us shipping out our coal needs to china for the immediate future.

Building all of the renewables and infrastructure for it would require quite a bit of non-renewable energy, no?

I'm all for going renewable but I also don't like something that helps china globally.

[QUOTE="HereticBD, post: 134030575, member: ]

End Of The World Tax, caused by the completely voluntary PCA. Pay up, citizen.[/QUOTE]

There isn't any tax on it. They just plan on shaming the countries that don't do it

I tried a quick google. It's all coming up with this recent story.

I think it had to do with funding to other countries and the next decade of coal and other types of energy.

China is heavily investing in renewables, it's just for the immediate future they basically get a pass where as the US is expected to reduce ours more heavily and fund more. Trump was complaining that we would shut down our coal and other non-renewable energy production while China can increase theirs. Basically shipping out all of the world's coal jobs/deals to china.

I thought there were less than 100k jobs tied to coal now.... I just know that they're using UTW catalyst in cars now. We didn't think China would ever go to them.

Jobs and deals. American companies losing deals to china and us shipping out our coal needs to china for the immediate future.

Building all of the renewables and infrastructure for it would require quite a bit of non-renewable energy, no?

I'm all for going renewable but I also don't like something that helps china globally.
Failing to invest in the future and letting China take the global lead in renewable energy technology helps China globally a lot more.

I have nothing to do with the US election. And it's not hysteria. It's the sad reality. It should not be so surprising that if you wish for a glitzy unpredictable outsider and get him, this will be the result. A person who is all over the map on everything, and willing to turn on anyone because he has no loyalties or principals. It seems like if the posts on Sherdog are anything to go by, his supporters mimic this behavior.
-k-

Failing to invest in the future and letting China take the global lead in renewable energy technology helps China globally a lot more.
Renewables? Are you some kind of commie? We gotta drill baby drill!

Last edited:
If everything is voluntary, how is pulling out stupid or destructive? What does it matter one way or the other? It's the world's biggest pinky swear, and they're not even swearing to do anything. "Good faith"...LOL, please.

I've already read up on it, and understand the intended purpose of it and it's set goals, but again, if it's all voluntary, all those goals and stats mean fuck and all. It's a completely pointless deal, that will only hold developed countries' feet to the fire if they ever start to slip behind in their completely voluntary duties. At best, it's a show of "good faith". At worst, it's a fucking scam.

End Of The World Tax, caused by the completely voluntary PCA. Pay up, citizen.

So basically you abandoned your entire point (that Trump was "renegotiating" to make the deal exactly the same as it was before and that's why it's good), but you're not conceding anything and you're still mad. Basically a confession that you're a sheep, isn't it? Like TCK's in another thread.

Aside from that, pulling out is abandoning any commitment to do anything and to be part of the accountability group and giving up credibility and our leadership position.

Aside from that, pulling out is abandoning any commitment to do anything and to be part of the accountability group and giving up credibility and our leadership position.

There is no commitment, accountability, or risk of losing credibility. It's a completely voluntary deal. The US already has real commitments in place, to lessen their carbon footprint. The PCA is completely pointless.

You can't explain the logic of it, but get behind it anyways, because you're a sheep.

I thought China was now pushing for better pollution controls?

They are investing billions in renewable energy and project 12 million jobs created by 2022. The US also pollutes twice as much pr capita as India or China, they just have more people. The US is already a third world country when it comes to renewable energy and are only falling further behind.

Back