US, Mexico, and Canada to Co-Host 2026 World Cup

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by luckyshot, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Madmick

Madmick The Real Hexakaideca Cherokee Staff Member Senior Moderator

[​IMG]

2. Squarechoke

Squarechoke Gold Belt

That should be a good choice. Good places to visit, no new stadiums will have to be built (only to be abandoned), and as a Swede I can't ignore the nostalgia of the last time the US hosted the World Cup.

3. cottagecheesefan

cottagecheesefan Silver Belt

Is this to ensure that we are in the tournament?

Anung Un Rama likes this.
  4. cottagecheesefan

cottagecheesefan Silver Belt

Lol. Well, when you take out things like wood shop class, car mechanics, mechanical drawing, and other similar courses, and replace them with safe space arts and crafts. When you have kids take Software Apps class, instead of computer programming. When you make smart kids test down to the level of not smart kids. When you take out any incentive to excel, because that would be opposed to a safe space environment, where everyone is suppose to be equal.

ShadowRun likes this.
  5. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Gold Belt

Let me guess Clifton? Do you eat at Rutt's Hutt a lot?

6. SaiWa

SaiWa Brown Belt

Belleville actually. But I've been Rutt's Hut. Not as often as I should and it's been a while actually. Might have to stop by there sometime next week.

incidentally speakin'... I have a group text with my tenants (I own a 2-unit home) and somebody spray painted a big dick on the side street right next my house. kinda of funny but we decided to cover it up. so one of my tenants used black spray paint to cover over it the white paint and he ended making look like a black dick with lots of hairs... he sends us the pics and we're all dying of laughter from his horrible attempt. I am like "you shoulda made it bigger since it's a black dick now!"...

aaahhh fun times.. lol

MadSquabbles500 likes this.
  7. Morning Star

Morning Star Black Belt

[​IMG]

8. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

Fun fact:

In 1983, Colombia declares that it cannot fulfill the prequisites given for the 1986 cup and withdraws.

Mexico steps in with only 3 years of notice, in 1985 the worst earthquake in recent Mexican history hits Mexico city with 10,000 deaths and a lot of destruction thats only 8 months before the cup and FIFA considers cancelling the cup.

And yet Mexico still pulled it off.

WhitebeltXL likes this.
  9. tonni

tonni Black Belt

Just ban it

10. scoopj

scoopj ackson

We have the international champions cup here every summer. You’re unaware.

11. scoopj

scoopj ackson

TL/DR

12. Arkain2K

Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

This is a very good economic boost for Mexico if the government can keep all the tourists safe.

Guadarajara is on the list of host cities, and we have seen that name quite often on the international news segment. Is 8 years enough time to get the cartels out of the tourist areas that they have been taking over?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    ShadowRun and Madmick like this.
  13. scoopj

scoopj ackson

I wonder if the games in Canada will be on turf.

14. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

Guadalajara is still tame compared to other areas, its making the new because of the high profile shootouts in there as CJNG is getting a lot of flak for getting too big.

Guadalajara will be fine in a year or so, also it is already packing with tourism despite this violence, i dont think it will be a big boost for the city.

15. Bobby 3 Sticks

Bobby 3 Sticks Blue Belt

Are you retarded or what? I never said a new stadium would have to be built. I said infrastructure in the surroundings areas would need to be improved PLUS the changes made to host stadiums (at least in the US/Canada) to properly accommodate soccer.

Again you have zero idea about what exactly goes into hosting a mega event. Sports specifically economics behind mega events is the field I'm in so please take a back seat thanks.
    You're absolutely right those countries had a lot of under lying problems. However, for Athens for example, it cost Greece 9B. Greece ended up losing 14.5B on that deal which is lol their shitty economy can't take it.

In the US, the entire US economy can handle (albeit it's still awful shitty) a loss like that, however, when a local economy pitches in even half of that it is likely to feel it hard down the line. A non sports example is Foxconn in Wisconsin. Wisconsin is giving up $4.5B in incentives in the hope that Foxconn somehow turns them around. Bipartisan estimates are 30-40 YEARS to recoup that lost money.

Absolutely correct, Mexico very well should host the major games as their soccer stadiums are more appropriate for soccer than the large non soccer stadiums the US/Canada have

Nice you're comparing a set of friendlies (exhibitions) to the World fucking Cup. gtfo

16. SaiWa

SaiWa Brown Belt

You are the one that had no idea what you are talking about.

Infrastructure around most of our big cities are already built for mass tourism. Selected cities may elect to build a few more hotels or renovate or build more roads but it won’t be a massive endeavor.

You focused on one statement about me telling u no new stadiums will be build and ignored (the upgrade part).

We’ve hosted the World Cup and plenty of Olympics before. It won’t be that big of an adjustment. You’re overstating how much we will actually spend on making the World Cup happen. I am telling you due to the fact that most of our big cities already have multiple teams of different sports we are generally already setup to handle this event.

17. scoopj

scoopj ackson

Those games fill our largest stadiums. We also have Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta with 71k capacity that is Soccer only. The US is well prepared to host the WC.