US/Israel v. Iran

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by HomerThompson, Jan 2, 2018.

?

Will we go to war with Iran this year?

1. Yes

9.7%
  2. No

90.3%
  1. Fawlty

Fawlty radical centrist

Given how little people care, I'm surprised that voter turnout is as high as it is. To me it feels like something that only about 25% of people would be inclined to do, given how ignorant and comfortable we are. And even fewer are actually qualified to give their opinion.

I might just be dead ass wrong about thinking people have learned something from the last 17 years, I admit.

mcveteran81 likes this.
  2. mcveteran81

mcveteran81 Veteran Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

I've read through this thread and I get what you're saying, heck I honestly hope / pray a yuge % of Americans feel the same way as you....

Now you can call me crazy if you like, but to me it's not hard to imagine some CIA operative-crackpot-scenario where we dress up some TCN rag heads as IRGCs and have them sink an American Cargo Ship.

Same'ol play book as the American - Spanish war. And ta-daa false flag war recipe. I mean come on its a hallmark TM of the MIC. Can't sway the public with ad hominem, rhetoric, & propaganda? Pull out the time honored tradition of a false flag.

Gets'em every-time.

3. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Will we on our own of our own volition?

I doubt it.

But if Israel goes then it's a fucking crapshoot IMO.

4. mcveteran81

I love me some fox news. Honestly nowadays I don't know who triggers my blood pressure more, fox or cnn.

Here's some more "soften the american's up propaganda"

Link source : http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018...are-pro-american-unlike-their-government.html

The Iranian people are pro-American, unlike their government.

By any stretch of the imagination, the most pro-American people in the Middle East – other than Israelis – are Iranians. This is despite the fact that Iran’s Islamist dictatorship makes hatred of America the foundation of its foreign policy and seeks to indoctrinate the population with anti-American feelings from an early age.

--------------------------------

^ I can't believe what I just read. @HomerThompson I like you're thread and I'm likely to post a ridiculous amount in it. But shit like ^ makes me want to have a freaking stroke.

5. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

How do they measure that? By the amount of flags seen burning in broadcasts?

luckyshot and mcveteran81 like this.
  6. mcveteran81

Vice President Mike Pence wrote in a Washington Post op-ed Wednesday. "Unfortunately, many of our European partners, as well as the United Nations, have thus far failed to forcefully speak out on the growing crisis in Iran. It's time for them to stand up."

<{hfved}>

7. HomerThompson

HomerThompson President of the War Room Platinum Member

Here it comes.

8. Lonesome Crow

Lonesome Crow Blue Belt

FFS you guys are delusional.

Iran literally has a landmass larger than California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico combined. It is one of the most mountainous countries in the world with the highest peak in Europe/Asia west of the Hindu Kush. It has a population of 81 million. If you think an invasion with regime change and occupation a la Iraq is even on the table you're batshit crazy. There is no way that the DoD brain trust doesn't push back hard against that kind of lunacy.

Airstrikes against the nuke program? Maybe.

Taking actions against the foreign assets of the Revolutionary Guards? Maybe. Frankly, you could make a legit argument that this should happen; these are the same assholes who blew up a community center in Argentina.

Full-on invasion? GTFOH.

Iran is not North Korea or Saddam's Iraq. They are not an isolated country. Despite all of the sanctions, mismanagement and corruption it's GDP purchasing power parity is 18th in the world. That ranks them higher than the likes of Israel, Sweden, Australia, and Ireland among others. There is a vast plethora of economic options at our disposal that we can utilize to take substantive action in getting the mullahs to change their behavior.

Blowing shit up isn't the first or only option here.

9. Seaside

Seaside Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores

My guess is USA goes to war with Iran in Trump 3rd year of office. Iran is unstable threat I could understand if you guys want to take out their military and nuclear stuff. But man you would be dumb to invade and nation build again.

Since you got elections this year in what October it would make sense to do the war after.

I bet there is some historical evidence to show this.

10. Seaside

ooh just looked it up. USA war in Iraq in march 2003 you had elections in 2002. hmmmm

11. Seaside

What was said wrong on it? Israel likes USA the most there. And Israelis do. Iran also does teach anti western and anti non Islamic stuff in school system.

AnGrYcRoW likes this.
  12. mcveteran81

Its the part about Iranians liking us as equally as Israelis.

13. EZShrimpn

EZShrimpn It, this is. Banned

Literally the same propaganda used for Iraq. I still have some of the psyops leaflets I picked up from the ground in Baghdad that said basically "We are coming for the government of Saddam. We are not your enemies."

Trotsky and mcveteran81 like this.
  14. Seaside

Yeah why would they say that. Unless it to paint idea that an overthrow of government would be welcomed by people.

mcveteran81 likes this.
  15. The Diplomat

The Diplomat Peace Among Worlds

I don't really disagree with this assessment, given that I've studied the Persians and Iranians for years, did a school project on them.

Then again, I, like just about everyone else here, have never been to Iran. But from what I've gathered, the majority of younger Persians are moderate, gasping for secularism and a more open world, technological approach. The imams and higher powers are still in the way.

AnGrYcRoW likes this.
  16. Seaside

I think it come next year. Would make more sense after you guys have elections. would you not agree?

Do not underestimate the americans they are experts at regime changes, assassinations and invasions and wars. There record is like 1000 to 3

Only failed with Cuba. And like 1 or 2 others.

17. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt

I like how we all seem to agree here to some extent.

@HomerThompson

Any interest in trying to turn this into a petition thread next?

I believe their are web pages that allow you to type in your zip code, and locate your house and Senate representative and contact info.

I don't think it would take much effort, and I would be willing to help in any way needed.

HomerThompson and AnGrYcRoW like this.
  18. AnGrYcRoW

AnGrYcRoW I've done .... questionable things .

Had to talk my sister out of buying a Yoga studio there 10 years ago , she visited and spent a few weeks there , she really liked the people and the vibe , at least in the cities people are very " western" by all accounts.

Around the same time there was an Iranian boy at the school my wife teaches at who held the view that young people want regime change ( he was a Christian btw ) and the Iranian population is very young .

I believe the people do want regime change but that sure doesn't mean there should be military action.

19. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom Platinum Member

Actually the election was in 2000.
    Bush won and took office in 2001.
    Something happened in September of 2001. Any idea what that was?
    US invades Afghanistan in 2001.
    US invades Iraq in 2003.

20. PrinceOfPain

PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

*your

Quipling and HomerThompson like this.