International US/Israel v. Iran

Will we go to war with Iran this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to my Presidency, bitches!!!

Let's get 2018 started off right with a thread about conflict.

We're clearly pushing for a war with Iran, and this is the preliminary stages. SA and now Israel are laying the groundwork, and of course, pushing hard for this action. The war in Syria, the war in Yemen, and now the protests in Iran have moved us to the precipice where we are now.

Nikki Haley just gave a book report at the UN, where she laid out our initial salvo against Iran. We're going to call for an emergency session of the Security Council, and she called on all free people to stand with the Iranian people. She also announced us withholding aid from Pakistan and Palestine.

The President has weighed in as well:

Comments from the Supreme Leader of Iran:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-have-stirred-unrest-in-country-idUSKBN1ER0FT

I'd like people to add sources as we go pertaining to different aspects of this that interest them. Turkey is certainly another player that will need to be watched closely. I assume we let them steamroll the Kurds again in exchange for support against Iran.

Will update the OP with relevant sources and links.

Don't find yourself in the gulag, so don't derail these threads.

Thanks!

Links:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...thhold-aid-cash-to-palestinians-idUSKBN1ER1WT

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/02/politics/donald-trump-iran-deal-deadlines/index.html

Oh ^ Hail President Homer O !!!! !!!!

America likes war. Remember how even CNN was praising Trump after he bombed Afghanistan? Remember how popular Bush was going to war? Or how popular Obama was even though he broke his anti-war promises?

That was a strange thing to witness and tells you a lot about the difference between Europe and the US.
Seeing guys like Van Jones and the other guys at CNN all of a sudden talk about that's when he became their president after he bombed Syria.

Its the difference between the European pacifistic societies like Germany or the Netherland and the US who views those things differently.
With the UK being somehow in the middle of that.
Not saying the US model is wrong or the European model is better because the pacifistic model also causes issues.
But as soon as the bombs were flying the US was united. I guess that kind of event bridges even the US divide :).

2018 will be the year of peace, no major conflicts are going to happen. Proxy wars will fizzle out and the ME is set to take a U-turn.

Is4OYZi.gif
David Spade would have got smacked for saying the same thing.

Does anybody else think a war with Iran would be protested harder, by far, than any American war, including Vietnam? I think it would get absolutely batshit.

I agree. For all my disdain of social media, it would make that war impossible.

Also, while in 2013 America had a few cuck countries that followed, this time around America would be absolutely isolated, except for a few countries such as Israel or SA who don't have the slightest hint of moral credibility.

Again, I think times have changed. You can't pull a W Bush nowadays. Not anymore. Not without a 9/11.

Just look at this subforum. It's full of conservative hard-liners (I count myself in those when it comes to preserving the West's interests), yet hardly anybody here advocates this madness.

Not confident, just wishful thinking methinks. We're talking about a face off with a prime ally of Russia, we're stupid as fuck if we think they won't be dragged into it. Plus with the whole bullshit about not wanting to certify Iran's compliance with the nuclear deal, we would look really stupid on a world stage. I'm not sure you have a "coalition of the willing" this go round.
We didn't have a "coalition of the willing" last go-around either.

That idea is such a crock of shit.

We had: England, which Tony Blair dragged in kicking and screaming; 2,000 troops from Australia, possibly the only Western nation as militaristic as America; and 200 troops from Poland (George W. wants to make sure you "Don't forget Poland," remember?). That was the whole "coalition" at the time of the invasion.

After we broke the cookie jar, we were joined by such heavy-hitters as Estonia (40 troops), Moldova (24 troops), Tonga (55 troops), and Iceland (2 troops-- yup, they literally sent us 2 troops).

There was no "coalition of the willing" at the time of the invasion. And after the invasion there was a "coalition of about 40 countries, mostly small countries, slightly more willing to lend nominal support than to piss off America over split milk." This "coalition" did not include France, Germany, China, Russia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, India, Brazil, etc.

That was an American and British war. Period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-National_Force_–_Iraq

Does anybody else think a war with Iran would be protested harder, by far, than any American war, including Vietnam? I think it would get absolutely batshit.
Remember the Lusitania.

Remember the Maine.

Remember 9/11.

Remember whatever the fuck they come up with or use to justify the next war.

Last edited:
I guess people forgot that Iran is allies with russia and China . USA could
Barely occupy Iraq on the ground . Good luck in the mountains of Iran... watch how many us soldiers would get murked.

Air strikes aren’t going to cut it .

This is over-generalizing to the point of being inaccurate. And both the Obama and Trump Administrations were bombing Syria, not Afghanistan. We pretty much own the terrain there, so no need to bomb it.

Soldiers aren’t largely opposed to fighting. We generally feel committed to finishing what we started, but there are a lot of complicated feelings about it.

I can see that I’m not going to convince you otherwise though. There are no shortage of people who hate Donald Trump in this country and believe that he will definitely start a war because that’s he thing that they would hate the most. At the end of the day, it’s just projection. We aren’t going to war. Not a new one in Iran any time soon at least. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Check your facts. Trump tripled the pace of bombing in Afghanistan and dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb in history.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/d...other-of-all-response-statement-a7683221.html

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/11/21/16684628/trump-afghanistan-bomb-troops

No, but hopefully the Iranian regime will moderate Saudi style or else shuffle out the door.

I would really love to see a relatively bloodless coup, that would terrify the CCP and be hard for them to hide on CCTV.
QuickUnrealisticHoiho-max-1mb.gif

We didn't have a "coalition of the willing" last go-around either.

That idea is such a crock of shit.

We had: England, who Tony Blair dragged in kicking and screaming; 2,000 troops from Australia, possibly the only Western nation as militaristic as America; and 200 troops from Poland (George W. wants to make sure you "Don't forget Poland," remember?). That was the whole "coalition" at the time of the invasion.

After we broke the cookie jar, we were joined by such heavy-hitters as Estonia (40 troops), Moldova (24 troops), Tonga (55 troops), and Iceland (2 troops-- yup, they literally sent us 2 troops).

There was no "coalition of the willing" at the time of the invasion. And after the invasion there was a "coalition of about 40 countries, mostly small countries, slightly more willing to lend nominal support than to piss off America over split milk." This "coalition" did not include France, Germany, China, Russia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, India, Brazil, etc.

That was an American and British war. Period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-National_Force_–_Iraq

Remember the Lusitania.

Remember the Maine.

Remember whatever the fuck they come up with to justify the next war.
To be fair, I think Iceland only had 2 troops to send... ;)

My gut reaction is "no." I haven't seen much defense of Iran at all, ever, and you just alluded to how complicit the United States citizenry was in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria.

So long as there isn't a draft, as there was for Vietnam, and there certainly would not ever be, I don't see it sparking much outrage except for from the far left and the Middle Eastern American community.

I have my doubts about that.

Remember the Lusitania.

Remember the Maine.

Remember whatever the fuck they come up with to justify the next war.

Whoa, I would have thought that you three specifically would agree with that. Here's my reasoning- Trump is not just disliked, but absolutely loathed in a unique way by about half the country. Iran hasn't crossed any tangible, international intervention sorts of lines on their missiles & nuke program despite our efforts to convince the world that they have. We would have to false flag it again, or just lie again. And we have the worst liars, tremendous.

Now I get that at least a third of the country would eat that up. But the rest of us would be fucking livid in a way that we weren't livid about Afghanistan. It would be more like Iraq, which was widely protested before it even began. But worse than Iraq because we didn't just get 9/11'd fifteen minutes ago, and we hate Trump a lot more than we hated Bush at the time.

I'm seeing protesters-murdered-by-the-government levels of demonstration. I think it would be that big. I admit there is still the point that we've sort of normalized war in the ME- especially drone war. I'm also not even touching on geopolitics stuff (I don't know enough to do this well), just domestic approval stuff. I think it's a tough question because the tipping point is narrow and hard to place- it's the sort of thing that could get out of control real quick.

Back