US Ground Forces are getting new Pistol

sig-sauer-p320-army-1200x800-ts600.jpg

You have a bad experience with one?

I havnt but one of my friends did, it would just constantly stovepipe, it did the same when I tried it. Went back to the factory several times and still had the same problems.

If I were going to a war, there's just so many other pistols I'd rather have before a 320 but I knownhat government contracts are about the pricing within the established guidelines farther than what troops would prefer.

I havnt but one of my friends did, it would just constantly stovepipe, it did the same when I tried it. Went back to the factory several times and still had the same problems.

If I were going to a war, there's just so many other pistols I'd rather have before a 320 but I knownhat government contracts are about the pricing within the established guidelines farther than what troops would prefer.

Interesting, the couple I've shot were great. Really nice trigger, pretty smooth shooting, got back on target quickly. I shot it back to back with a VP9. I liked the Sig a bit more.

Interesting, the couple I've shot were great. Really nice trigger, pretty smooth shooting, got back on target quickly. I shot it back to back with a VP9. I liked the Sig a bit more.

I'm a glock guy so takenit for what it's worth but imo there's lots of imitations but none really are as good as the origional.

I have a Shield in 40 and have shot a couple other 40's. I'm not really a big fan.

To me its probably snappier than 45 with less capacity than 9mm. Somewhat marginal performance gain over 9mm for the negatives. I find it more difficult to shoot well and quickly.

This basically word for word what I was going to say.

I have a G23 and am admittedly thinking about trading it in on a 19. The .40 has a harder recoil than the 9 but not as much power as the 10mm so it's in this goofy trade off of a real negative for no real positive thing.

I have a G23 and am admittedly thinking about trading it in on a 19. The .40 has a harder recoil than the 9 but not as much power as the 10mm so it's in this goofy trade off of a real negative for no real positive thing.

Well 10mm is a beast of a round. 40 wasn't really supposed to be close to it. It was supposed to be a good gap in between 9 and 45. If 40 shot like a light 45(using full power hp) it would be awesome. But it has more snap than 45(imo 45 is more of a push and easier to get back on target). It also obviously has less capacity than 9mm. So it's almost the worst of both worlds.

Well 10mm is a beast of a round. 40 wasn't really supposed to be close to it. It was supposed to be a good gap in between 9 and 45. If 40 shot like a light 45(using full power hp) it would be awesome. But it has more snap than 45(imo 45 is more of a push and easier to get back on target). It also obviously has less capacity than 9mm. So it's almost the worst of both worlds.
I'm just basing what I said on this:

Thanks for the responses, my experience with .40 is extremely limited (zero .40s in my collection). 9mm it is :cool:

I've never been a fan of .40, I've shot a few that belonged to friends and just didn't like it that much and we've (me and my dad) have never owned one. We have some 45s, a few 10s and several 9mms but 40 is just one that never interested us.

I have shot a little bit of 40 through my 10mm glocks though.

I've never been a fan of .40, I've shot a few that belonged to friends and just didn't like it that much and we've (me and my dad) have never owned one. We have some 45s, a few 10s and several 9mms but 40 is just one that never interested us.

I have shot a little bit of 40 through my 10mm glocks though.

It is pretty awesome you can shoot 40 through 10mm. Makes for some cheap practice with a gun you might really like. I got 1k rounds of 40 for like $240 shipped.

Yeah I've only done it a few times, it actually works just fine lol, no barrel change needed so you'd be okay in a pinch.

I was into 40 for a few years and ran a gen 4 G23 thru 2 seasons of steel challenge and IDPA. It's very manageable and with a lot of practice can be shot quickly.

That being said, I decided to run my buddies G19 thru a steel challenge match last year, and all of my times went down significantly. I had it in my head that the difference in speed between 9 and 40 was minor, but shooting competitions with the same exact platform, it was blatantly obvious that they are not. Going from 40 to 9 when speed counts felt like flipping the turbo switch in a video game. I've been slowly trading off all of my 40 firearms for 9mm this past year.

No dice. I had a CZ SP-01 that I sold last year and regret it. I'm patiently holding out for the new CZ P10 now.

Was the SP-01 in .40? Great guns. I hope you were broke. :D

Looking forward to the P10 as well. Post your review if you pick one up when they hit the streets.

Was the SP-01 in .40? Great guns. I hope you were broke. :D

Looking forward to the P10 as well. Post your review if you pick one up when they hit the streets.
Nope, was a 9mm. Was a comp gun only. I just generally like to sell/trade off my competition guns every year. Gives me an opportunity to try something new.

Back