US Government Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why I can't fathom how anybody can lay the blame here on Democrats, and to a degree, even some Republicans. In the past 10 days, Trump has said that: 1) He would sign a clean DACA bill; 2) that he wouldn't sign a clean DACA bill and it had to be attached to a budget; 3) that he would sign a bi-partisan deal presented to him; 4) that he wouldn't sign any bi-partisan deal.

Trump pretty much just agrees with whomever talks to him last. Unfortunately, the last two in this case were Cotton and Miller, who offered no plan of their own and just told Trump to walk away without anything in place.

And I can't see how his advisors let him take such a poor move. This was a really easy play for him: Agree to sign off on DACA and CHIP, both of which have wide bi-partisan support, in exchange for funding for border security (he's already backed down on a physical wall). This way Trump can say to his base that he made good on his immigration policies, and he can take credit for avoiding a shutdown and play up the whole "congress is dysfunctional" angle. But he kept changing his mind almost every 48 hours. So I'm sure McConnell was telling the truth when he said he had know idea what the fuck trump wanted. Now McConnell still has to take the blame for straight up lying about clean votes on DACA and CHIP. It's clear that he was willing to lie in order to keep what he thought was good card to play later. Problem was he handed that card to trump, and trump had no idea what the fuck to do with it.

People blaming anyone but trump for this whole mess are either lying in the name of partisanship, or just utterly uninformed.

I honestly dont put this on the Republicans, either. Government in a system of dynamic tension like the dual party system we have is built on compromise. But when the buck stops at the president, and nobody even knows what he wants, and he rejects bipartisan plans, what are you to do? Mitch McConnell said they dont even know what he wants, save the wall, the wall, the wall.

Name calling noted, but it doesn't change that you say you don't care what's in the bill.

Name calling? Calling you a fartface is name calling. Calling you an ideologue is simply truth.

I want you to list exactly why this bill shouldn't have passed, based on what was included in it.

I'm going to fact check it tomorrow so be as detailed as possible.

didnt read the thread, so not sure it was mentioned, but i just heard troops overseas will miss the football games because AFN is shut down during the shut down
the current UFC and boxing cards as well

those are all played for free on AFN also

Out of all this bullshit, I must say I am happy that Joe Manchin was one of dems who did vote yes. He is with out a doubt, the only mainstream politician I actually look up to. Conservative Democrats are the only rational people in politics today imo.

Joe Manchin would make a great president in a rational america.

He knew it wouldn't pass so he voted yes to better position himself for reelection. Hes a snake.

the majority of americans want a pathway to citizenship for dreamers, its only you retards at the_donald who are against it
Any sane American doesn't want that shit.
dreamers-embody-the-best-in-our-nation-patriotism-hard-work-30015963.png

He knew it wouldn't pass so he voted yes to better position himself for reelection. Hes a snake.

He's a snake that would make a better president than anyone on the ballot of 2016 and 2020.

Name calling? Calling you a fartface is name calling. Calling you an ideologue is simply truth.

I want you to list exactly why this bill shouldn't have passed, based on what was included in it.

I'm going to fact check it tomorrow so be as detailed as possible.
Why would you want me to talk about the bill if you don't care what's in it? That doesn't make sense.

You are an ideologue, not a grownup.

If you think Fawlty is an ideologue, you don't know what an ideologue actually is. For him to be an ideologue, he would have to be conforming, to the contrary of some sort of evidence, a certain philosophy. Like a libertarian disregarding cyclical recessions, economic inequality, growing public debt, etc. on some blind faith that preservation of the responsible ideology will justify those things in the end. Can you point to such an ideology that he adheres to?

If anything, Fawlty is a partisan.

People need to stop voting Democrat. And they really need to stop voting Republican.

These politician sacks of shit have no fucking clue what it's going to mean for the millions of federal employees to go weeks without pay. They can't even begin to imagine what that's like to go through.

Any sane American doesn't want that shit.
dreamers-embody-the-best-in-our-nation-patriotism-hard-work-30015963.png

About 80% of Americans are insane in that regard.

And, I suppose, it's just intellectual beacons like you that are left representing the reasonable folks.

Why would you want me to talk about the bill if you don't care what's in it? That doesn't make sense.

Lol, nice try. At least now I know you are full of shit. I'm disappointed though. An ideologue like you, I was expecting a substantive response listing the exact clauses in the bill that were worth shutting down the government over.

People need to stop voting Democrat. And they really need to stop voting Republican.

These politician sacks of shit have no fucking clue what it's going to mean for the millions of federal employees to go weeks without pay. They can't even begin to imagine what that's like to go through.

Alternatively, whatever gets people to move out of those kinds of jobs (which are ultimately parasitic in nature) is a net positive in the long run though.

It's on the Republicans and Trump. They canceled DACA and Dreamer protections. They let CHIP expire intentionally, so they could use it politically with the budget. This is 100% on Trump, and the Republican party.
How can it be 100% on them when 5 dems are in support? And why in fuck are dems so hell-bent on helping 0.00000001% of the population who are illegally in the country? And in what fucking world does DACA have to do with funding the government? Theyre throwing a temper tantrum at the expense of federal employees income.

We can argue who's worse and who's more at fault(I'd agree Repubs are) but you're not helping by pointing the finger and refusing to believe dems bear some responsibility too.

Come midterms you can't say "Well, hey we tried. ALL dems voted yes. We even dropped the DACA bullshit(or w.e. they need to do) and Furher Trump still shut things down."

I swear the dems hurt themselves on purpose to keep the Republican party around.

Last edited:
If you think Fawlty is an ideologue, you don't know what an ideologue actually is. For him to be an ideologue, he would have to be conforming, to the contrary of some sort of evidence, a certain philosophy. Like a libertarian disregarding cyclical recessions, economic inequality, growing public debt, etc. on some blind faith that preservation of the responsible ideology will justify those things in the end. Can you point to such an ideology that he adheres to?

If anything, Fawlty is a partisan.
It's as simple as him hearing right wing people call liberals that word, and thinking it applies whenever he is mad at them. It goes along perfectly with his thinking Democrats should have voted for the bill no matter what was in it. It's all one big emotional mess.

I'm partisan to the extent that the Democrats are "right" about damn near everything by default, and the burden is on the Republicans at each instance, because their policies are terrible across the board. It's more a consequence of American politics than an affinity for the party. But I do think the platform is pretty solid, and I think it will prevail after America finishes this outlandish little tantrum, and move us in the right direction. They're not afraid to reevaluate.

Lol, nice try. At least now I know you are full of shit. I'm disappointed though. An ideologue like you, I was expecting a substantive response listing the exact clauses in the bill that were worth shutting down the government over.
I probably wouldn't do that sort of work for you though. What's in it for me? If I can break you out of your trance, maybe I'll have a real discussion with you, but I'm just as happy dismissing you.

I probably wouldn't do that sort of work for you though. What's in it for me? If I can break you out of your trance, maybe I'll have a real discussion with you, but I'm just as happy dismissing you.

You don't even what youre arguing about at this point, so just stop.

And you tried to shame me for not knowing the details of the bill? You are sad, truly sad.

You don't even what youre arguing about at this point, so just stop.

And you tried to shame me for not knowing the details of the bill? You are sad, truly sad.
No, I shamed you for not caring about what was in the bill, and demanding people vote for it regardless. You have to be more on the ball. Work on it. Check back with me in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back