US Government Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

I asked for a reason democrats would not vote on the measure. People said CHIP. It's actually funded for 6 years in the bill.

In other words. There is nothing in the bill the Dems disagree with.

Telling you that you're full of shit isn't the same as refusing to believe. At least make a sign for women in countries that are actually disenfranchised. Otherwise, you are basically showing up for thanksgiving dinner in a halloween costume.
Again, this is a 'you' problem. I know why I am marching. If you don't that is fine by me.

"No one wants to deport them. I want to deport them." Be more precise, and you won't come off like a jackass.

Looking for contradictions that hard makes you look like the jackass. Ease up on the hair trigger.

It you weren't locked in so intensely you would have understood that "nobody" wasn't a fucking 100% literal use of the word.

I don't even think you know what women's rights are left to march for. You just want to protest the republicans.

There are no political issues for women left to unite against or for?

Conservative lobbies aren’t still trying to limit women’s access to reproductive health services?

Our marternity leave isn’t still one of the most shit in all of first world countries?

The failed war on drugs isn’t receiving massive amounts of funding while thousands and thousands and thousands of rape kits go untested for budget reasons and departments fighting sexual trafficking crimes in general are less funded, leaving a majority of victims who are young females (politically not very powerful) without justice?

Plenty of reasons for women to unite politically.

Again, this is a 'you' problem. I know why I am marching. If you don't that is fine by me.

Why is there a problem? I am simply pointing out that you have no intention to march for women's rights, as you have admitted. You don't like that our president is a sleezeball and you are protesting against that instead.

I asked for a reason democrats would not vote on the measure. People said CHIP. It's actually funded for 6 years in the bill.

In other words. There is nothing in the bill the Dems disagree with.
That's wrong. The problem is that CHIP should have been funded long ago. It expired at the end of September.

There have already been 3 stop gap funding measures. Why hasn't Trump gotten a budget passed?

This has gotten completely ridiculous. This is all political bullshit, and it's coming from Trump and the Republican party.

They let CHIP expire. They rescinded DACA and removed the protections for Dreamers. They did all this to hold Dems hostage on a bullshit budget. The Republicans have absolutely proven not to be reasonable, or trustworthy partners in negotiations. The Democrats would be insane to agree to another funding stop gap with no protections for the Dreamers. A problem, as I already noted, caused by Republicans.

Time to actually work together and come up with legislation that is an actual compromise. The Republican Party's governance has been atrocious so far.

Why is there a problem? I am simply pointing out that you have no intention to march for women's rights, as you have admitted. You don't like that our president is a sleezeball and you are protesting against that instead.
I specifically said that on top of the president's sexual behavior he also has policies that effect women. So no, I didn't "admit" anything and you can't bully me into accepting your reasoning for my doing something. I am sorry.

There aren no political issues for women left to unite?

Conservative lobbies aren’t still trying to limit women’s access to reproductive health services?

Our marternity leave isn’t still one of the most shit in all of first world countries?

The failed war on drugs isn’t receiving massive amounts of funding while thousands and thousands and thousands of rape kits go untested for budget reasons and departments fighting sexual trafficking crimes in general are less funded, leaving a majority of victims who are young females (politically not very powerful) without justice?

Plenty of reasons for women to unite politically.

Those are legitamate points. However, I would argue thst having a universal maternity leave that rivals some european countries isn't a right.

Let's be real here. It's a nice to have.

Are you trying to be clever?

By saying nobody wants to deport them, it is meant that the majority does not want to deport them.

I then said, if their stay slights american citizens in any way, then I would vote to deport them in a moment's notice.

By the way, that is by far the worst overrused gif on sherdog. At least use someone recognizable.

You should say what you mean then because "nobody" and "the majority" are two very different things.

You should say what you mean then because "nobody" and "the majority" are two very different things.

When you are a pedantic prick who tries to take everything literally so you can reply, then yes, you are correct.

Those are legitamate points. However, I would argue thst having a universal maternity leave that rivals some european countries isn't a right.

Let's be real here. It's a nice to have.

The fact it’s something to argue is enough reason for them to unite politically.

You have to really fucking dumb to act like there’s no reason for them to join up politically when you look at the power and resources behind the lobbies trying to legislate life changing subjects effecting them.

That's wrong. The problem is that CHIP should have been funded long ago. It expired at the end of September.

There have already been 3 stop gap funding measures. Why hasn't Trump gotten a budget passed?

This has gotten completely ridiculous. This is all political bullshit, and it's coming from Trump and the Republican party.

They let CHIP expire. They rescinded DACA and removed the protections for Dreamers. They did all this to hold Dems hostage on a bullshit budget. The Republicans have absolutely proven not to be reasonable, or trustworthy partners in negotiations. The Democrats would be insane to agree to another funding stop gap with no protections for the Dreamers. A problem, as I already noted, caused by Republicans.

Time to actually work together and come up with legislation that is an actual compromise. The Republican Party's governance has been atrocious so far.

So they don't support this bill because of something that happened 4 months ago

Lol at telling Trump he needs to pass a budget. You do understand how that looks coming from you

Lol at saying the Dreamers have to be part of this bill

You are such a hack.

Straight Neocon Liberal hack

The fact it’s something to argue is enough reason for them to unite politically.

You have to really fucking dumb to act like there’s no reason for them to join up politically when you look at the power and resources behind the lobbies trying to legislate life changing subjects effecting them.

You have abortion and the, rape kits was it? Anything else?

When you are a pedantic prick who tries to take everything literally so you can reply, then yes, you are correct.

I don't mean to be a prick, and it's not like I'm nitpicking on grammar or technicalities. You are probably the only person on this forum who knew you meant the majority of people when you said nobody. It's like saying it's cold out, and then saying that what you meant by it's cold out is that it's warm out. What do you have against saying what you actually mean?

So they don't support this bill because of something that happened 4 months ago
Not an argument.
Lol at telling Trump he needs to pass a budget. You do understand how that looks coming from you
Not an argument.
Lol at saying the Dreamers have to be part of this bill
Not an argument.
You are such a hack.
Not an argument.
Straight Neocon Liberal hack
Shockingly, also not an argument.
Concession noted.

I don't mean to be a prick, and it's not like I'm nitpicking on grammar or technicalities. You are probably the only person on this forum who knew you meant the majority of people when you said nobody. It's like saying it's cold out, and then saying that what you meant by it's cold out is that it's warm out. What do you have against saying what you actually mean?

Dude, i am amazed that I have to explain this...

I said nobody wants deport them. Loosely meaning, that most people dont want to deport them.

Are you following?

Because the majority doesn't want to deport them, this does not mean that I am automatically included. Why would it?

Homer tried to take it literally so that "nobody" actually meant, not a single person, including me.

You have abortion and the, rape kits was it? Anything else?

The constant attempts since the beginning of modern politics of very well funded religious lobbies to influence what access to reproductive health care services that go beyond abortion women have access to.

You not thinking we need better maternity leave doesn’t mean it’s not an issue for those who’s actually have to experience it. Let’s be real here, you’ll never actually know the physical and mental effects of being pregant for ten months and giving birth has on a person, nor the financial and career effects it can have. You’ll never experience postpartum depression or postpartum physically illness. You’ll just make some guesses on how bad it is.

Domestic abuse laws. Who do you think is murdering a vast, vast majority of the women in this country? Each other? Lol. Maybe they want stricter gun restrictions on those found guilty of domestic violence so men stop shooting them?

Plenty for them to address. If you don’t agree cool, unite with equal minded folks and argue against it, but the issues are there for them to voice their opinion on.

The constant attempts since the beginning of modern politics of very well funded religious lobbies to influence what access to reproductive health care services that go beyond abortion women have access to.

You not thinking we need better maternity leave doesn’t mean it’s not an issue for those who’s actually have to experience it. Let’s be real here, you’ll never actually know the physical and mental effects of being pregant for ten months and giving birth has on a person, nor the financial and career effects it can have. You’ll never experience postpartum depression or postpartum physically illness. You’ll just make some guesses on how bad it is.

Domestic abuse laws. Who do you think is murdering a vast, vast majority of the women in this country? Each other? Lol. Maybe they want stricter gun restrictions on those found guilty of domestic violence so men stop shooting them?

Plenty for them to address.

See, you should thank me for making you think long and hard about real issues.

First off, you not going to get the maternity leave with pay that you desire. There is room for better coverage but if you think every working women deserves 4-6 months full pay you are out of your mind. Especially when those women make over 100k. My wife was back to work 2.5 months later and was only covered for 6 weeks but we made due. I was actually impressed they paid her full salary.

Everything else I'm fine with. Can you tell me why us men only here about complaints of abortion rights, pay gap, and me too?

See, you should thank me for making you think long and hard about real issues.

First off, you not going to get the maternity leave with pay that you desire. There is room for better coverage but if you think every working women deserves 4-6 months full pay you are out of your mind. Especially when those women make over 100k. My wife was back to work 2.5 months later and was only covered for 6 weeks but we made due. I was actually impressed they paid her full salary.

Everything else I'm fine with. Can you tell me why us men only here about complaints of abortion rights, pay gap, and me too?

I thought hard about this stuff long before you joined this forum. Since it effects my loved ones and half the country.

I’d say we only hear want we want because we go to MMA forums to discuss politics and prefer to focus on the fringe arguments of feminism since it makes it easier to dismiss the “fem-nazis” instead of thinking it through and admitting we aren’t the experts on the subject. Pretty much our pride. It’s not the women’s fault, they’ve been talking about this stuff for decades, men just like to focus on certain subjects that are dramatic to argue over.

I don’t agree with most W. Virgians on coal subsidies but you’ll never hear bitch about them uniting politically to march and share their message and insight since they actually live it. Men are just too sensitive when it comes to politics IMO and have trouble thinking beyond what effects them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back