US Government Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Why is there no discussion on the nearing government shutdown?

Have people mentally checked out? Is the threat of a shutdown so common that people are numb to the idea of it actually happening? Almost like having a silent nihilistic/anarchical hope that it will actually shutdown?

Well it seems like you are about to get your wish, because reports are saying that it is likely.

The chances of a government shutdown increased sharply late Thursday, after Republican leaders in Congress appeared to fall short of the votes needed to keep agencies open past a Friday funding deadline.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/18/government-shutdown-congress-trump-deadline

What do you think will happen if it shuts down?

UPDATE 04Feb18:
Lawmakers push fifth short-term bill to avert government shutdown

Dick Durbin: It's unlikely we'll reach a DACA deal, but 'I don't see a government shutdown coming'

Updated 05Feb18:
Congress gave itself two weeks before another shutdown deadline and did nothing.

Updated 08Feb18:
Rand Paul holds up Senate budget vote with government shutdown only hours away

Last edited:
utter incompetence by the GOP isnt exactly new and different.

We usually avoid it last minute don't we?

They do this all the time

And the Dems just sit there "durs nuddin we can doo"

The House approved the measure 230 to 197, despite conflicting signals by President Trump sent throughout the day and a threatened rebellion from conservatives that failed to materialize. The bill’s chances had appeared in question until shortly before the vote, provided only a faint glimmer of hope that a crisis could be averted before much of the government exhausts its funds at midnight on Friday. The bill would fund the government through Feb. 16.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/18/us/politics/government-shutdown-house-vote.html

Let it shut down. I challenge the democrats to stand for illegal immigrants over citizens. Something tells me that’s where the normal everyday Americans draw the line.

If the left chooses to die on this hill with the illegals, then let them. Shut it down.

At least part of the reason given for this is that some lawmakers are tired of approving short term agreements and want long term policies put in place. I can't really disagree with that thinking.

With how Trump has filled the government with profiteers, sycophants, and frauds, this might be the first time in history where it's better for the people that the government shut down instead of run.

There was a government shut down in 2014.

The world didn't blow up. Move along.

Let it shut down. I challenge the democrats to stand for illegal immigrants over citizens. Something tells me that’s where the normal everyday Americans draw the line.

I'd prefer it not get shut down . . . it causes those of us deemed as essential employees extra work and others get free time off and end up getting paid for it.

Single year budgets are the dumbest idea ever.

With how Trump has filled the government with profiteers, sycophants, and frauds, this might be the first time in history where it's better for the people that the government shut down instead of run.

Better how?

The House has already voted not to shut down. The Senate is next.

If it doesn't shut down, I'm gonna chalk this up to much ado about nothing, and another strike against the fear mongering media.

Oh well, let it shut down so the GOP and Trump can take the blame.

<NightKingBringIt>
<{cum@me}>

I'd prefer it not get shut down . . . it causes those of us deemed as essential employees extra work and others get free time off and end up getting paid for it.

Single year budgets are the dumbest idea ever.

Well, then tell the nearest democrat to stop pandering to illegals and start making America great again.

the majority of americans want a pathway to citizenship for dreamers, its only you retards at the_donald who are against it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back