US deploys troops to Poland

Korean War was UN police action and we did not declare the war. We defended an ally as was our obligation because war was declared on them.

Eisenhower brought us into Vietnam, then Nixon brought us further and then dumped the mess on Kennedy. Kennedy/Johnson certainly bungled the mess, but they didn't start the our involvement either.

Wilson didn't start WWI. Wilson was a staunch isolationist. We declared war on Germany after they sunk our cruise liner killing American civilians and attempted to collude with Mexico. The war was already raging for several years before our involvement and it ended in total victory.

Japan and Germany declared war on us, FDR didn't declare war on them, yet it ended in total victory and ushered in our hegemony.

And Saddam Hussein continuously violated no-fly zones, prohibited and otherwise hindered inspections, etc.
And a lot of Dems were on board, until it became politically poisonous, at least.

Ike only sent advisers to Vietnam. Kennedy and LBJ were the ones that escalated it to a full fledged fighting war. Fair points on Wilson and FDR.
As for Korea, Truman committed our troops, that's on him, not the UN.

Justification (or lack thereof) wasn't part of the question, at any rate. You asked, I supplied examples.
The point is, saying one party over the other is the war monger party is incorrect. Both parties have done their share of getting us involved in bad wars.
WWII didn't usher in our hegemony, it ushered in a Cold War. Only after the USSR fell did we become the worlds only superpower. And look how quickly that is being squandered.

Is their anything that isn't completely the fault of the Right with you?
See, as a hard Right leaning person, I can say that the Iraq fiasco was a disaster. And the fighting in Afghanistan is just another example of blood for oil; the 105 Congress made it very clear what their intentions regarding getting a pipeline from the Caspian Basin were. Hint, it involves putting a friendly government in place in Afghanistan, it even mentions the Taliban by name as a problem standing in their way.

And Saddam Hussein continuously violated no-fly zones, prohibited and otherwise hindered inspections, etc.
And a lot of Dems were on board, until it became politically poisonous, at least.

Ike only sent advisers to Vietnam. Kennedy and LBJ were the ones that escalated it to a full fledged fighting war. Fair points on Wilson and FDR.
As for Korea, Truman committed our troops, that's on him, not the UN.

Justification (or lack thereof) wasn't part of the question, at any rate. You asked, I supplied examples.
The point is, saying one party over the other is the war monger party is incorrect. Both parties have done their share of getting us involved in bad wars.
WWII didn't usher in our hegemony, it ushered in a Cold War. Only after the USSR fell did we become the worlds only superpower. And look how quickly that is being squandered.

Is their anything that isn't completely the fault of the Right with you?
See, as a hard Right leaning person, I can say that the Iraq fiasco was a disaster. And the fighting in Afghanistan is just another example of blood for oil; the 105 Congress made it very clear what their intentions regarding getting a pipeline from the Caspian Basin were. Hint, it involves putting a friendly government in place in Afghanistan, it even mentions the Taliban by name as a problem standing in their way.

You wanted Truman to dishonor an alliance at the outbreak of the Cold War? Korea was a UN sanctioned defensive action and it's incredibly disingenuous to pretend as though Truman had much choice in the matter at that time, or even that was a bad choice to make.

At any rate, that war was a relative success compared to Iraq and Afghanistan, you can agree on that at least, yes? South Korean maintained its sovereignty and is now an economic powerhouse incredibly friendly to us. They practically worship Spam.

Also, I don't really have a problem with the Iraq invasion as a strategic move. The issue is how it was pulled off. How they lied about it, and then how they just did a complete fucking shit job with it. It is absolutely in America's best interests to have a presence in the region.

Eisenhower got us involved in Vietnam. Period. He laid out the domino effect theory that guided US policy throughout the entire Cold War. He backed the French, then the anti-communist government and promised them our aid. He was also very specific in his message to Kennedy about this topic when he left office. I really don't think there is any evidence to suggest that Eisenhower wouldn't have escalated the thing himself. I believe he would have and he would have probably done a better job at it to boot.

Truthfully though, it was a bit trap question. I wanted him to name the wars that liberals started, because he said "we're not good at it", and what I'm trying to demonstrate is that the wars started by liberals have done more for our country than the wars started by conservatives. My other point is liberals tend to be more effective in war in terms of picking and fighting wars of value and I don't think you can really dispute our track record. Let us not forget the first and most important war declared by liberals, the American Revolutionary War.

I don't have all bad things to say about the right, Eisenhower is a shining example of an effective conservative President. But really, he was closer to a King than a President. They really let him do whatever the hell he wanted he had so much damn gravitas.

Uh.... Ww2 was definitly not started by the USA.
I know this.
Didn't tbink before hitting post reply button.
But, we were not exactly looking for peace, either.
The US and Japan were on a collision course towards conflict for some time prior to the attack on PH.

Obama going out for another 2 weeks.
This guy is insane.

Out of nowhere bringing ties to Russia back to cold war status.

2 more weeks, if Obama doesn't do anything drastic, this will all go away

Pff troops, send in the nukes and Raptors.

What would people think if Russia but 3000 troops in Cuba, Venezuela, Brazil, and Iceland?

What would people think if Russia but 3000 troops in Cuba, Venezuela, Brazil, and Iceland?

That the game or movie you are talking about sucks.

Fact is those countries want the Murican troops, who in the fuck actually want Ruksis troops on their soil lol. Brasil or Iceland ? how high are you right now.

That the game or movie you are talking about sucks.

Fact is those countries want the Murican troops, who in the fuck actually want Ruksis troops on their soil lol. Brasil or Iceland ? how high are you right now.

3Vv2G6v.png

its apart of the new NATO battle group plan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EU_Battlegroup

nothing to be worried about.

Though im pretty sure the US is independent from these new mixed units but they might be training with Visegrad BG

How desperate are they when they would rather start global war than have Trump as president?

Jesus fucking christ no they dont. 3000 troops is nothing and Poland has been on edge ever since the Russians invaded the Ukraine. As have most of our allies in Eastern and Central Europe. We've shored up some defenses and mostly its cross training exercises from the look of it.

You really think a couple thousand troops will start global war? This is basically just staring Putin in the face to show him we have the Poles backs.

It takes a real stupid (or a real dishonest) motherfucker to equate this with starting a global war.

Jesus fucking christ no they dont. 3000 troops is nothing and Poland has been on edge ever since the Russians invaded the Ukraine. As have most of our allies in Eastern and Central Europe. We've shored up some defenses and mostly its cross training exercises from the look of it.

You really think a couple thousand troops will start global war? This is basically just staring Putin in the face to show him we have the Poles backs.

It takes a real stupid (or a real dishonest) motherfucker to equate this with starting a global war.
It looks like you woke up few minutes ago from 3 years of coma

It looks like you woke up few minutes ago from 3 years of coma

No I've followed the situation rather closely. Trump supporters just love that Putin cock in their mouth despite what he's done to Syrian civilians, Chechen civilians, and fucking stealing land from the Ukraine.

But yeah. The US is the bad guy here for honoring our alliances. Oh and P the fuck to the S, for the last three years we've been doing this all over central and Eastern Europe.

It's pretty fucked to choose to side with Putin over our allies. And lol at the mental gymnastics it takes to think this is going to start a war.

annnnd this thread is over.

if we were putting in 35k+ maybe?

No I've followed the situation rather closely. Trump supporters just love that Putin cock in their mouth despite what he's done to Syrian civilians, Chechen civilians, and fucking stealing land from the Ukraine.

But yeah. The US is the bad guy here for honoring our alliances. Oh and P the fuck to the S, for the last three years we've been doing this all over central and Eastern Europe.

It's pretty fucked to choose to side with Putin over our allies. And lol at the mental gymnastics it takes to think this is going to start a war.

No one's starting a war. Putin and Trump, for all the muscle flexing and dick-measuring, are both too smart/have too much to lose. That's one reason we'll let the Russians have their way with unimportant little countries like Syria and the Ukraine. You fight the Bear when he invades somewhere that actually matters. Putin knows this and will restrict his expansionism accordingly.

Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Or we can like, not go to war with Russia.

Liberals stop trying to get us into wars. You aren't good at it. Trust me. I'm Republican.

Why not buddy up with Russia? I am much more concerned about China, they are much less trustworthy.
Let the united great white north team up and do some population thinning in Asia!! Right?

Why not buddy up with Russia? I am much more concerned about China, they are much less trustworthy.
Let the united great white north team up and do some population thinning in Asia!! Right?

Its pronounced Ghina now under the Trump Administration.

They would be pissed, and it would lead to another Cuban Missile like crisis. That being said, the US plays by a different set of rules when it comes to the projection of military power. Have for a long time. No reason to stop now, nor should we.

Back