US Bishops Call Healthcare a “Fundamental Right”

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
US bishops call Trump’s plan to end HC subsidies for the poor a “grave concern.”

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...care-protection-for-the-most-vulnerable-98521
“The Affordable Care Act is by no means perfect, but as leaders attempt to address impending challenges... they must not use people’s health care as leverage or a bargaining chip... To do so would be to strike at the heart of human dignity and the FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO HEALTHCARE (my caps).”

You can’t be Christian and not care if your neighbor has healthcare.

Matthew 24:34-43

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come you blessed by my Father, inherit my Kingdom, for... I was sick and you looked after me... Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me you accursed into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels... I was sick and you did not look after me.”

Last edited:
Further down on their list is not raping children but they will get to that when they have time.

Further down on their list is not raping children but they will get to that when they have time.
The church has many disgusting, vile sins.

If you think it is good that Christianity and the teachings of Christ have survived for 2000 years in the west, though, that is the sole doing of the Catholic Church.

It all comes down to weather you place justice above or below love in your schema. Some people cant or wont allow anyone to get away with slacking even if that means that good people who really need help wont get it.

Others like myself place the health of the poor, the young, the mentally and physically handicapped and the less intelligent and therefore less able among us above the need to GET those who are taking advantage.

Well, no -- it's not a fundamental right in the US.

Plus separation of chruch and state.

Also, by this reason you also support christians not supporting gay marriage and abortions.

The only "right" we have is to die.

If you think about it...it's the only thing in life that you will really have to do.

If you think it is good that Christianity and the teachings of Christ have survived for 2000 years in the west, though, that is the sole doing of the Catholic Church.

Some of the greatest humans and organizations in the world come out of the Catholic Church, though. It's a far more benevolent institution than United States' protestant counterparts.

Also, why is it that child molestation is only brought up by the right when the church is advocating on behalf of the poor and oppressed, and not when it's slashing reproductive health rights, rallying against marriage equality, and being used to disparage other religions? Hmmmmm.

Last edited:
Maybe the left should try the appeal to religious beliefs via the compremise route -- implore healthcare as a right as a fundamental aspect of Christian doctrine and in exchange give them repeals on gay marriage and abortions.

Could work.

America needs to come out of the Stone Age and stop sucking the dicks of useless insurance corporations and take care of their citizens with a HC model the rest of the civilized world uses

That will cost lots of money.

Will the church be taxed now to help cover the cost?

Maybe the left should try the appeal to religious beliefs via the compremise route -- implore healthcare as a right as a fundamental aspect of Christian doctrine and in exchange give them repeals on gay marriage and abortions.

Could work.
Sure, I'm always up for a game of Cardinals Against Humanity.

A good Christian has to support the government taking care of the poor and unhealthy? No that is the responsibility of the family, local community, and church.

A good Christian has to support the government taking care of the poor and unhealthy? No that is the responsibility of the family, local community, and church.

Except that translates that they dont. Some of us see it as the quickest and easiest way to fulfill Jesus wish that no one go hungry or go without the aid they need.

I would be all for the family church approach but it is not and has not ever worked.

What do you mean by this post?

Except that translates that they dont. Some of us see it as the quickest and easiest way to fulfill Jesus wish that no one go hungry or go without the aid they need.

I would be all for the family church approach but it is not and has not ever worked.

Neither has government supply the poor with all they need. The closest to get it right was Rome and it was a constant struggle.

Neither has government supply the poor with all they need. The closest to get it right was Rome and it was a constant struggle.

This thread is about health care.

Really? There are no countries with universal health care? That is bullshit.

All I am saying it that it will NEVER happen if we wait on Christians to do it out of love for Christ or their fellow citizens.... I would much rather just make health care a socialized thing and have it be done with. People die, kids die without it.

I dont listen to hysterical virgins in dresses who lecture aids ridden people in africa about the sinful nature of condoms while raping and torturing children worldwide.

Say what you want about sadists like Luther and Calvin, but at least they never reached the height of the Catholic church, especially on scale of abuse.

This thread is about health care.

Really? There are no countries with universal health care? That is bullshit.

All I am saying it that it will NEVER happen if we wait on Christians to do it out of love for Christ or their fellow citizens.... I would much rather just make health care a socialized thing and have it be done with. People die, kids die without it.

No, your premise from what you stated was the church giving help doesn't work, ergo we should try the government to supply it. That's just bad logic. It's not just to healthcare at this point. It's about the good of the common people.

You also are putting the burden of literally hundreds of millions on a select few for everyone. Seems weird.

Back