US arrest French teenager for crossing border by accident

I've been to that area many times. Signs are posted.

An instinct when people get speeding tickets is to tell the office no signs are posted...

Yeah, the border patrol should definitely stop detaining anyone who "accidentally" crosses the border. Just go with their instincts that the person is just out for a jog, and didn't know their surroundings, and just leave them be. Sounds like a good plan.

This whole thing sounds suspicious as hell...

I have it on good authority from sherdog's left wingers that only the southern border is patrolled because of brown people, so this must be fake news. The border is a slippery place, so I can see where this chick could have "accidentally slipped over the border".

How is it fucked up? You crossed the border and committed a felony in their country. Isn't it the right saying we need to keep out the criminal immigrants? That's what Canada is doing with you.

I got the impaired driving in the United States. You read my post wrong. It's also worth noting that the United States allows Canadian and other foreigners into the country the have had a drunk driving conviction.

The fucked up thing is that I got an impaired driving (In the U.S.) back in 2007 and I'm not ever allowed to go to Canada again, because drunk or impaired driving is a felony there. The impaired driving was my own dumb-ass fault, but It just boggles my mind how they have these strict policies with their neighbor, but will open there arms to unvetted Muslim refuges.

Last edited:
"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns."

I got the impaired driving in the United States. You read my post wrong. It's also worth noted that the United States allows Canadian and other foreigners into the country who have had a drunk driving conviction.
Oh I did read that wrong, but either way you still committed a crime. If someone commits a crime which is a felony under US law would you want that person coming over?

It takes me about 2 hours to get to the Canadian border from where I live. I've been over to Canada a few times and the border Patrol is all ran by the Canadian side. They can be cunts too. I think it just goes with the territory.

The fucked up thing is that I got an impaired driving (In the U.S.) back in 2007 and I'm not ever allowed to go to Canada again, because drunk or impaired driving is a felony there. The impaired driving was my own dumb-ass fault, but It just boggles my mind how they have these strict policies with their neighbor, but will open there arms to unvetted Muslim refuges.
I have a possession charge from over 20 years ago and can't get into the US. Didn't matter before 9/11 but all of a sudden it's the end of the world. And now weed is getting legalized.

Yeah... not sure how she missed that sign.
Although admittedly that's after the "Peace Arch", so maybe she was arrested before that, and there doesn't seem to be any signage on the Canadian side of the "beach".
I can't believe anyone would call that a beach though.

Oh I did read that wrong, but either way you still committed a crime. If someone commits a crime which is a felony under US law would you want that person coming over?

It depends on the crime. There are states where possession of any amount of pot is a felony. I don't think somebody that got busted with a sack of weed should be barred from the U.S.

I’ve been to Whiterock many times, never went jogging there... knew it was by the border but didn’t think about it. Shitty situation. I know that in Abbotsford there is a street with American houses on one side, Canadian on the other.... there might be an impediment splitting the road, can’t remember. Guys were smuggling in a tunnel between two houses and got caught.

I know the border at Nighthawk, west of Oroville/Osoyoos has no signs on the road, just a house with a Canadian flag on my side, then a blind corner, and then a trailer with an American flag. I got detained there for 3 hours, questioned, car torn apart, guns drawn, dog in a cage, etc.
After all that they said, “welcome to the US, enjoy your visit!” I said, “I’ve been told you about a hundred times that it was an accident to even be here, I’m not interested in your dogshit country.” Turned around, stopped st the Canadian side, worried I’d be delayed more. He said, “You guys didn’t stay long!” I said, “we got fucked around, guns drawn, Washington DC was called to make the final call on what to do with us..... “ He laughed and said, “Ya, they’re like that” That was it, he didn’t check anything. Funny thing was, he wasn’t a born Canadian, sounded Aussie.
Funny little story.

This girl got way over checked, IMO. If she has drugs or weapons on her, then she might be up to something. Otherwise, just tell her to fuck off the other way.

I have a possession charge from over 20 years ago and can't get into the US. Didn't matter before 9/11 but all of a sudden it's the end of the world. And now weed is getting legalized.

Can't you get a pardon?

Yeah... not sure how she missed that sign.
Although admittedly that's after the "Peace Arch", so maybe she was arrested before that, and there doesn't seem to be any signage on the Canadian side of the "beach".
I can't believe anyone would call that a beach though.
I was gonna play the second language card, but really, when I’m out for a run, I’m either focused or probably looking at the water.

Now, she probably knew or had been told that she was near the border. It is ultimately her fault, but the reaction seems way over the top to me. There is a reason that our border isn’t heavily signed, no razor wire, etc. There isn’t a flood of people dying to get out of shithole Canada into a safe haven while bringing a huge criminal element amongst the honest refugees. I’m not saying drugs don’t cross our border, but rather that girls jogging across in broad daylight probably isn’t a warning bell.

That is bullshit too. The border patrol goes by federal law though, so it doesn't even matter what state you are entering even if it's legal there. I see pot eventually being federally legalized here in the States though. Trump was even talking about it.

I rarely smoke weed anymore as I kind of just grew out of it as I got older, but I'm all for the legalization of it. It's ridiculous when you think about how alcohol is legal and weed isn't.

How is it fucked up? You crossed the border and committed a felony in their country. Isn't it the right saying we need to keep out the criminal immigrants? That's what Canada is doing with you.

Heheheheheheheh. Hahahahahahahah

You bully
Hahahahhaha

It depends on the crime. There are states where possession of any amount of pot is a felony. I don't think somebody that got busted with a sack of weed should be barred from the U.S.
That's fair, such as in @Bald1's case, but just know that Canada has one of the worst drunk driving death rates in the industrial world so it makes sense for them to prioritize that issue. They have enough drunk drivers as is, don't need anymore.

Back