Urijah Faber vs. a Miyao might happen soon

I think the best Urijah can hope is some kind of stall till the end. I don't see how can he sub Paulo to be honest

I think the best Urijah can hope is some kind of stall till the end. I don't see how can he sub Paulo to be honest
he can't. Faber's best attacks are guillotines and RNCs, I have a hard time seeing that happening against a Miyao.

There is no path to victory for Faber... His only threat is positional control and wrestling which will be completely negated by Miyao in this rule set.

Miyao will basically be immune to Fabers guard pass and submission attempts.

I suspect this to be a fast paced fight with a lot of scrambles with Fabers aggression getting him caught in web of Miyao.

That would say a lot about Urijah. I don't think he does a lot of submission grappling. Definitely not 5-7 days a week, multiple sessions per day.

It's really hard to sub someone with urijas built, specially no gi. Dude has been grappling and doing subgrappling for ever, may Be not competing in subgrappling alone but as an elite pro Mma fighter, he has a hell of a lot rolling time.

I can see it going to Draw, it'll be fast paced and entertaining though that's for sure.

faber can definitely stall this to a draw, but i'm hoping he goes for it. he'll get finished, but i'll respect him a whole lot more if he pushes and actually tries to win.

pls don't pull a fitch, urijah.

he can't. Faber's best attacks are guillotines and RNCs, I have a hard time seeing that happening against a Miyao.

Cosign. Paulo and his brother play similar enough guard games where I think it's fine to use his matches against other people with better front headlock attacks and back attacks than Faber as an example. Rafa Mendes, Garry Tonon, Justin Rader, and Geo Martinez are all guys with great front headlock attacks and back attacks that were unable to really get near a finish with any of those. Rader got the closest on the rolling guillotine/anaconda/brabo but it never get very deep. Faber is awesome. But like you said if a Miyao stays out of danger on those from the people I just mentioned then I think they stay safe against Faber too.

U mad, bro? LoL
not really, just wondered what kind of sense of humor one must have to be laughing out loud at a bjj fighter testing positive. do you lol at bank robberies?

and honestly, i think your posts need more lols. you should open with one as well, the one in the end just doesn't seem enough.

Cosign. Paulo and his brother play similar enough guard games where I think it's fine to use his matches against other people with better front headlock attacks and back attacks than Faber as an example. Rafa Mendes, Garry Tonon, Justin Rader, and Geo Martinez are all guys with great front headlock attacks and back attacks that were unable to really get near a finish with any of those. Rader got the closest on the rolling guillotine/anaconda/brabo but it never get very deep. Faber is awesome. But like you said if a Miyao stays out of danger on those from the people I just mentioned then I think they stay safe against Faber too.
to be honest, i think miyao is really underrated. i'm not sure if they ran into eachother any other times, but the one time i saw rafa competing against him, he won by getting points for a pass that probably shouldn't have been scored. other than that, he couldn't get anything much going against miyao's guard.

paulo might not be #1 in his division, but i can't see anyone around his weight beating him decisively. sure, he will lose, but it isn't going to be pretty.

Back