Uriah Hall had slight heart attack and mini-seizure?!

1 fighter out of the 16,18,20 fighters on each card fucks up and now we have to change the whole process.

Sorry if posted already. Saw this on another social media site. Dem weight cuts though...

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/18/...-dana-white-was-bitching-about-nightclubs-mma

"“For the record, I did make weight, I just failed to make it to the scale, which sucked,” Hall said on Instagram Live (via MMA Junkie). “I think I had a mini-seizure and at the same time a slight heart attack. My kidneys were just not good. The doctor even said, even if I made weight, I probably would’ve died the next day because my body wasn’t having it.” - Uriah Hall

Bet dana feels like shit for going off on him.. wait..probably not because hes too busy trying to fondle mcgregor back into the octagon

IV bags are not good for rehydration. It's not a good way of rehydrating, your body will be compromised.
Omg you are so full of shit. “Drink a Gatorade bro”. Fuck outta here.

Omg you are so full of shit. “Drink a Gatorade bro”. Fuck outta here.

No, you are, because you didn't even care to read the explanation of my post or the scientific base of my statement.
So, instead of insulting me, next time maybe you should read up on the scientific goddamn facts, retard.

not that people care, but hall was goin through enormous amounts of stress. this is a couple days before the weigh in. i know people are gonna just say he should have pulled out. but everybody is human. he didnt want to pull out. even caused his body harm trying to man up. fuck dana white, and his performance institute BS
http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/uriah-hall-body-shut-down-ufc-fight-night-124-training-camp

MMAjunkie-
"Hall (13-8 MMA, 6-6 UFC) admits camp for his upcoming fight, a FS1-televised co-headliner opposite ex-champ Vitor Belfort (26-13 MMA, 15-9 UFC), has been rocky."

"The challenges weren’t just physical. One of his coaches, Robert Follis, took his own life in the middle of camp. Like many fighters who trained at the famed Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, where Follis taught, Hall found himself grappling with profound loss at a time he was supposed to be ramping up for competition. One day after that, one of Hall’s best friends passed away. "

uriah hall-“Three weeks ago, my body shut down,”

“Then prior to that, I was sick for three weeks,” Hall said. “I was breaking. I called my sister. I pretty much cried every night. I called my sister and said, ‘I can’t do this. What do I do?’ I called my mom. My mom’s like, ‘You’ve got to embrace it. It’s happening.'”

Last edited:
No, you are, because you didn't even care to read the explanation of my post or the scientific base of my statement.
So, instead of insulting me, next time maybe you should read up on the scientific goddamn facts, retard.
Oh I’m sorry Mr. scientist. You must know more than doctors that immediately hydrate people with saline drops. Jackass

Oh I’m sorry Mr. scientist. You must know more than doctors that immediately hydrate people with saline drops. Jackass

Absolutely, and recuperation from vast periods of dehydration with IVs is not a bad thing at all because it happens fast, but if you're a performance athlete then normal rehydration over the course of several days is benefitial to your performance whereas rehydrating with an IV 2 days before the fight will have detrimental effects on your performance and body.

This is proven and many MMA coaches can tell you about this.
I'm no scientist, but I recently (well, like 3 months ago) talked to a friend of mine who is a recruiter (not a coach) for the biggest gym in our area here, and he told me about this recent study and other studies that support this, because in Austria you can use IVs to rehydrate before a fight.

If you're truly interested I can ask him to send me some links on this subject again. I'm not talking out of my ass, I rarely do. I tend to keep my mouth shut if I don't know anything about a subject and consider it a good trait to have.

IV bags are not good for rehydration. It's not a good way of rehydrating, your body will be compromised.
I'm sure it's best to not get severely dehydrated in the first place, but can you explain why it's not good to use IV's as it's what they would give you in hospital.

Edit: can see massive wall of text above me answering same thing.

I wouldnt do this to my body and risk dying. Not worth it.

I'm sure it's best to not get severely dehydrated in the first place, but can you explain why it's not good to use IV's as it's what they would give you in hospital.

Edit: can see massive wall of text above me answering same thing.

The effect is pretty marginal, but still. It might have long-term effects on your body, too.

As far as I can remember the simple reasoning for the detrimental effects of rapid re-hydration with IVs is simply that it's not a normal way to hydrate your body and because of that you can't expect your body to be 100% after doing this. I'm not a nutritionist or a scientist so I can't explain it better, but here's one of the studies:

"The same study design evaluated perceptual responses to exhaustion after IV or oral rehydration. Perceived exertion, thirst, and thermal sensations were measured. Central perceived exertion was lower in the oral rehydration group at 5 and 15 minutes. Overall perceived exertion was lower in the oral rehydration group at 15 minutes. Thermal sensation was higher in IV group at 15 minutes. Thirst ratings were lower at 0, 5, and 15 minutes with oral rehydration. Thus, all measures were more favorable in the oral rehydration group."
Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2001 Jun; 33(6):1039-45.

Weight cutting is archaic and through a multi pronged approach, be eliminated. Make fighters fight at their natural weight. If a fighter weighs in at 155 but steps in the cage 36 hours later at 182, then that fighter should be fighting at MW and so on. It will only make the sport better. More exciting fights, less injuries, safer for the fighters and most of all reveal what the sport is about. It's about who's the baddest fighter at a given size......not who can cut the most weight to be the biggest they can be to have a size advantage over a smaller man.

No sympathy for weight missers (or people who make weight then have a near death experience because of it). It's the stupidest, most avoidable, unprofessional thing ever.

So the doctors didn't actually say he was having a heart attack, but he THINKS he was... Yet says Dana speculates too much.

Get your overrated ass to Bellator where you belong.

<DisgustingHHH>

FYI: Doing too much blow in nightclubs will give you a heart attack.

Conor better watch out then.

A slight heart attack and a mini-seizure...

Reminds me of that scene in Talladega Nights when Ricky Bobby's dad talks to the kids in class.

"I am a semi-pro race car driver and an amateur tattoo artist!"

In all likelihood Uriah had none of these things occur (self-diagnosis) but instead had a shitty, shitty weight cut with a bunch of negative side effects and this is how he wants to garner sympathy and understanding from the public. Make the focus on his health rather than the fact he failed to make weight.

If he did have a mini heart attack (whatever that is) then surely that'll affect him going forward?
Yup once you have a heart-attack It's easier to get another one down the line.

Back