Uriah Hall had slight heart attack and mini-seizure?!

Sorry if posted already. Saw this on another social media site. Dem weight cuts though...

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/18/...-dana-white-was-bitching-about-nightclubs-mma

"“For the record, I did make weight, I just failed to make it to the scale, which sucked,” Hall said on Instagram Live (via MMA Junkie). “I think I had a mini-seizure and at the same time a slight heart attack. My kidneys were just not good. The doctor even said, even if I made weight, I probably would’ve died the next day because my body wasn’t having it.” - Uriah Hall

...so he died?

It’s pathetic this man needs to cut enough weight that he almost dies to get in the ring with a 40 year old broken man coming in for his last fight

Care to elaborate instead of just stating the opposite?

I can send you a link later in a private message, I'm currently not at home and I'll have to look up my browsing history because I recently read a scientific article on just that subject.

I can send you a link later in a private message, I'm currently not at home and I'll have to look up my browsing history because I recently read a scientific article on just that subject.
There is tons of varying data and opinion on it. Fighters need quick rehydration and an IV provides that. Drinking fluids can take hours to be absorbed by your body. IV is almost instant.

And every time I watch an old fight with Rumble at 170 I just cringe.

How the human body is able to cut that much weight, rehydrate and then fight is incredible.

We can't infer that he needs weight advantage, it just that nature doesnt pump out humans with respect to the 20lb weight difference between middleweight and light heavy. Perhaps he falls somewhere in between the two, or perhaps he just needs to work on his nutrition?
That's a bogus argument, nature doesn't pump out humans with respect to the weight difference between classes regardless of weight cutting. Fighters are not the same weight in the cage no matter what. If you took cutting out of the equation what would happen is that less people would weigh in on the limit.

It’s pathetic this man needs to cut enough weight that he almost dies to get in the ring with a 40 year old broken man coming in for his last fight
He has always fought at 185, it's not like he dropped a weight class to fight Vitor. What weight did you want him to fight Vitor at?

Just make fighters weigh-in before they step inside the Octagon, and allow IV rehydration.

In fact, just get rid of USADA all together. There is a reason why A-Level sports don't want anything to do with USADA. LOL

He has always fought at 185, it's not like he dropped a weight class to fight Vitor. What weight did you want him to fight Vitor at?
My point is if he blowing up so much he needs to go up in weight, Rumble always fought at WW till he couldn’t make MW

He'd be better off moving up to LHW while it's a graveyard.

Nothing will change until someone actually dies. Sad but true.

Fighters should have to fight in their natural weight class but until UFC wakes up fighters will continue to push themselves to make a living.

Somebody needs to die first.......sad.truth
Just posted the same sentiment, it's pathetic.

Let's enforce USADA testing but allow fighters to manipulate the game with weight cutting. Dumb.

it remains a massive problem for the sport. in every sense. fighter safety. quality of the product. reliability of the product (in what other sport do fans have to check in the day before to see if otherwise healthy athletes will be able to compete the next day?)

the real problem is that weight cutting is very effective advantage. like PEDs, that makes it difficult to stop.

I have yet to see a good solution. the graduated weigh ins like California (I believe) has instituted may help. I hope smarter people than me come up with a workable fix

Said he made weight then in the same sentence says he would have died if he made weight?
{<huh}

They ought to make him sit out 2018 for his own good. Make him move up too.

Back