Uriah Hall had slight heart attack and mini-seizure?!

SoberAwakening

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Sorry if posted already. Saw this on another social media site. Dem weight cuts though...

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/18/...-dana-white-was-bitching-about-nightclubs-mma

"“For the record, I did make weight, I just failed to make it to the scale, which sucked,” Hall said on Instagram Live (via MMA Junkie). “I think I had a mini-seizure and at the same time a slight heart attack. My kidneys were just not good. The doctor even said, even if I made weight, I probably would’ve died the next day because my body wasn’t having it.” - Uriah Hall

Holy shit. If this doesn't change things, nothing will.

"My kidneys were just not good"

I bet they were good enough before he started his career and weight-cutting.

This weigth cutting thing is getting way too out of hand it seems nowadays post-usada. (Not saying uriah was on something)

They say IV bags dont help but I'm not so sure about that.

Does anyone know how much he walks around at/cuts from?

One day a fighter will die in the octogon after a brutal KO. The main cause will be extreme dehydration and organ failures due to weight cutting, but the media and government will report in a different angle, violence. This will do great harm.

IV bags are not good for rehydration. It's not a good way of rehydrating, your body will be compromised.

If he did have a mini heart attack (whatever that is) then surely that'll affect him going forward?

This weigth cutting thing is getting way too out of hand it seems nowadays post-usada. (Not saying uriah was on something)

Does anyone know how much he walks around at/cuts from?
How would IV bags have helped him cut more weight safely? He certainly got some when he ended up in hospital, but how would they help before that?

I heard he cut from 215, but I could be wrong.

If he did have a mini heart attack (whatever that is) then surely that'll affect him going forward?
Slight or mini heart attacks don't necessarily do damage to the heart.

"“For the record, I did make weight, I just failed to make it to the scale, which sucked,” Hall said........The doctor even said, even if I made weight, I probably would’ve died the next day because my body wasn’t having it.” - Uriah Hall
I hope Uriah explained to that stupid doctor that he actually did make weight.

There have been many warning signs among UFC fighter and fighters from other organizations have died. When the first death happenes in UFC - Dana will pretend to be shocked and surprised although the writing has been on their wall for a long time.

If you need weight advantage to fight then you shouldn't fight in the first place

We can't infer that he needs weight advantage, it just that nature doesnt pump out humans with respect to the 20lb weight difference between middleweight and light heavy. Perhaps he falls somewhere in between the two, or perhaps he just needs to work on his nutrition?

So the doctors didn't actually say he was having a heart attack, but he THINKS he was... Yet says Dana speculates too much.

Get your overrated ass to Bellator where you belong.

<DisgustingHHH>

FYI: Doing too much blow in nightclubs will give you a heart attack.

" I did make weight"

"The doctor even said, even if I made weight"
Possible neurological damage. Seems obvious he will move up in weight or retire after this scare. He seems like a cool dude, I wish him the best. =/

"My kidneys were just not good"

I bet they were good enough before he started his career and weight-cutting.

Yeah, before he decided that he would rather destroy his health than go up and fight guys his size.

Strange thing is, Uriah Hall had his pro debut at LHW. What freaked him out so much after that that he didn't think he could compete against 205lbers?

Back