Urgent squat rack advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alibilly97

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm 6'1" and the squat rack barbell holding height is 4"9 is this a wise purchase?

I'd need the exact measurments of your bones for it to fit into my Squat Rack Height algorithim.

Like is it a suitable height to pull myself under which too much bending of the knees

I can do the calculations, but I need some data. If you fill a five-gallon bucket all the way up with water, then dip your head in until your shoulders touch the rim, how much water is displaced?

I can do the calculations, but I need some data. If you fill a five-gallon bucket all the way up with water, then dip your head in until your shoulders touch the rim, how much water is displaced?
Never mind then pal i legit just needed an answer even a simple "this question doesn't make sense"

Never mind then pal i legit just needed an answer even a simple "this question doesn't make sense"

Yea, the downside of this sub-forum. Anyways, I doubt it matters, but if you're concerned, you could just make a mark on a wall @ 4' 9" then get into squat position next to it and see how you feel once the mark is at your shoulder height. Idk if it'll help, but it's an idea.

Yea, the downside of this sub-forum. Anyways, I doubt it matters, but if you're concerned, you could just make a mark on a wall @ 4' 9" then get into squat position next to it and see how you feel once the mark is at your shoulder height. Idk if it'll help, but it's an idea.

You assume that TS has both the equipment necessary to measure length and the implement required to mark a wall, yet he's not smart enough to have thought to take a measuring tape and pencil and do the very obvious thing you've suggested. At least I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm 6'1" and the squat rack barbell holding height is 4"9 is this a wise purchase?

That seems too short. Get one that fits better. And what kind of squat rack maxes out at 4'9? Is it from North Korea or something?

That seems too short. Get one that fits better. And what kind of squat rack maxes out at 4'9? Is it from North Korea or something?
About 80% of them im finding that arent power racks are that height, and thanks for the legit answer;)

You assume that TS has both the equipment necessary to measure length and the implement required to mark a wall, yet he's not smart enough to have thought to take a measuring tape and pencil and do the very obvious thing you've suggested. At least I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
Woah thanks;)

Go to a gym and take a tape measure. Set the pins at the height in question. See if squatting from that height works for you.

What is so difficult here? Seems like you're over thinking this.

Assuming he means the bar sits at 4'9, that doesn't seem too bad for someone 6'1. I'm not much shorter than that, and my bar sits at about 4'10 on my back.

You can just squat under the bar and pin squat it out of the rack. Good news is, unracking counts as a rep. Bad news, it can be a bitch to re rack if you're tired.

In order to save your femurs, you need to cut some height before you can start squatting on that kind of a rack. Shane Carwin has a great height cut program.

In order to save your femurs, you need to cut some height before you can start squatting on that kind of a rack. Shane Carwin has a great height cut program.

Maybe Alibilly97 can donate two inches of tibia/fibula to fikerstance to graft into his alligator arms so that he can jab. Win-win.

Maybe Alibilly97 can donate two inches of tibia/fibula to fikerstance to graft into his alligator arms so that he can jab. Win-win.
We have to bring those two together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back